Pathologist scope, demand..? Salary..??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

license43

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I have some interest in pathology as a field but I heard some different opinions about pathology such as 'little to no demand,' 'low salary.' (especially in the east coast, as I want to move back to NYC when i'm done with everything).

I mean I don't want to sound selfish but Just wondering if anyone knows the salary ranges and demand for pathologists?

I really am enjoying pathology at the medical school I'm at and I wouldn't mind doing lab work my entire life as a physician.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all.
I have some interest in pathology as a field but I heard some different opinions about pathology such as 'little to no demand,' 'low salary.' (especially in the east coast, as I want to move back to NYC when i'm done with everything).

I mean I don't want to sound selfish but Just wondering if anyone knows the salary ranges and demand for pathologists?

I really am enjoying pathology at the medical school I'm at and I wouldn't mind doing lab work my entire life as a physician.

I would recommend posting in

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pathology.51/

Reactions: 1 user
low salary and low demand. It is pretty common to enjoy pathology at some point in the first two years, but don't limit yourself and see if you like anything when you are out on rotations. If you really do love Pathology even after your core rotations, then GO AFTER PATHOLOGY. Its better to do what you are passionate about, than chase what you think sounds cool and will make you "rich".