Path is in our rear view mirror part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1K.. thats like a good week on here..

Members don't see this ad.

A thread was posted on the forums asking if anyone wanted to change their names this past weekend. I fear it might be too late for you Hianmi.

Awww man...I've been waiting for it...just didn't know where to look.:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I guess I need to promote that comic page more.

And for anyone who actually looks at it, use internet explorer (or a firefox IE tab emulator), because the image text tags are just as funny.

Now I guess I need to promote that comic page more.

And for anyone who actually looks at it, use internet explorer (or a firefox IE tab emulator), because the image text tags are just as funny.

Between you and "Ninja" (used to be TheWingThing) I am VERY confused....I don't know who is whom anymore.

Is my new avatar confusing to anyone?

Have I mentioned lately that I love 4th year.
Went in this morning to find that I had no patient (d/c'ed to heaven). Sat around for 5 hours waiting for consult pager to go off. Gave up and went home.
There are 3 4th years on the service right now, and none of us are doing anything.

I was thinking of new avatar as well....

What do you think?

Wook

Attachments

• Wook.jpg
    Wook.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 101
Sweet...I made it through another week. Only 2 more weeks of ortho (which surprisingly I find really boring).

And Dr. McNinja...you will always be IbnSina to me (even though I've never been quite sure what it means).

Members don't see this ad :)
Between you and "Ninja" (used to be TheWingThing) I am VERY confused....I don't know who is whom anymore.

Is my new avatar confusing to anyone?

You didn't have a drastic name change, so it isn't confusing at all.

Awwww...they usually do it once a year.

I wanted to change it because a classmate found out who I was (lost my hidden identity). I haven't posted in the thread I know they visit lately, so it would be a good time to change it...

You didn't have a drastic name change, so it isn't confusing at all.

Yeah, but I tend to associate people with their avatar, so I didn't know if that might confuse people :).

I wanted to change it because a classmate found out who I was (lost my hidden identity). I haven't posted in the thread I know they visit lately, so it would be a good time to change it...

If it's any consolation, someone posted a picture of me from an SDN gathering identifying me as my username even though I SPECIFICALLY asked they not do so!!!

If it's any consolation, someone posted a picture of me from an SDN gathering identifying me as my username even though I SPECIFICALLY asked they not do so!!!

That sucks...my reasoning is because the person is a gunner...oh well if they read this...

I guess if they are that worried about me, then they can turn me in for nothing... stupid professionalism stuff at school. Just cause I'm going to be a dr doesn't mean I have to be professional in everything I do.

There have been "SDN gatherings?" That sounds like some sort of pagan ritual.

What happens at one of those, anyway? I imagine everyone looks totally different than you had them pictured, right? ;)

What happens at one of those, anyway? I imagine everyone looks totally different than you had them pictured, right? ;)

Haha...not quite a pagan ritual.

Actually everyone that I'd talked to regularly looked a lot like I'd pictured them, or I'd seen a picture somewhere before so I sort of knew what they looked like.

As far as what happens - we had dinner, and then went to a fun pub and drank (ummm...Irish car bombs, anyone? No? Tequila shots?) then went back to the hotel (we had rented a suite) and played drinking games 'til about 6 AM. Slept from 6 AM until about 10, and then did Dim Sum for brunch :).

As far as what happens - we had dinner, and then went to a fun pub and drank (ummm...Irish car bombs, anyone? No? Tequila shots?) then went back to the hotel (we had rented a suite) and played drinking games 'til about 6 AM. Slept from 6 AM until about 10, and then did Dim Sum for brunch :).

Sounds fun. Somebody invite me to the next one, OK? The first round is on me. ;)

It's seems like there were some light-weights that went this year. Apparently, someone was just milking their car bomb all night. Wasn't you, was it SoCute?

It's seems like there were some light-weights that went this year. Apparently, someone was just milking their car bomb all night. Wasn't you, was it SoCute?

No, I was the 3rd one finished (someone else said they were third, but I definitely was).

No, I was the 3rd one finished (someone else said they were third, but I definitely was).

An Irish Car Bomb? That's basically a ruined pint of Guinness! Drink the beer the way it was supposed to be drunk, and save the whiskey shot for the end. ;)

An Irish Car Bomb? That's basically a ruined pint of Guinness! Drink the beer the way it was supposed to be drunk, and save the whiskey shot for the end. ;)

It was a social thing....

Plus, Guinness in the States is CRAP.

I want to go somewhere other than where I am and where my parents live.

But I think Will still isn't speaking to me 'cause I broke the antenna :(

Yes I am...I've already forgiven you for breaking my two favorite threads.

This pretty much says it all... :laugh:

"Ye should be tryin' the Green Chartreuse!" he said. "Tis more terrible than the screech of a Ring Wraith riding its steed down yer throat!" Green Chartreuse is a liqueur that was invented when Satan was tired of peeing in the mouths of the damned with his eight-headed penis. Charlie dusted off the bottle from the nether regions of the bar, and as he opened the bottle I heard the bark of Cerebus, faintly, but distinctly. It didn't pour into the glasses so much as it flowed, its color and consistency an exact match for the mysterious green chemical they use to charge porto-potties. I thanked him, tipped him generously, gathered up the shots and brought them to our table.

Mark went first. With great gusto, he hammered it down and actually died for several seconds. He then said it was terrible, but not that terrible, and it reminded him of being sick as a child, and taking over-the-counter medicines. The very same medicines now used in the production of methamphetamines, but I digress.

Brian was hesitant, but still knocked back the shot like a pro. His face melted onto the floor, and we helped him gather it up. When all the pieces were reassembled he pointed out the similarity between Green Chartreusse and straight Listerine. Needless to say, Brian's mouth was free of 99.85% of the germs that cause the gum disease gingivitis.

My turn. There's nothing worse than going last in any contest of pain. It's a lot like rochambeau, only everyone still ends up getting kicked in the nuts. I swallowed the syrupy greenish goo and found my mouth filled with the flavor of pine-needles and bat guano. Being a histrionic pussbag, I shuddered and shivered, my tongue briefly jumping from my mouth and trying to escape into the night through an open window. After I gathered my composure, I could only muster a faint squeak, and I could hear "Cat's in the Cradle" being played somewhere, signifying the loss of my childhood innocence.

To wash the taste from out mouths, we very quickly returned to our beers. I decided to ask Gimli what Green Chartruesse was made of. His actual quote was "Some herbs, some roots, and then they put something in it to make it taste like ****."

Yum! Rooty, herbal **** water. What a great way to start off the night.

Source: http://www.zug.com/scrawl/bar-drink/

I need to buy some Bears gear before the superbowl.

You guys need to start a new thread in the Lounge: F!SCBTA!*

* F--k! SoCute Broke The Antenna! ;)

...or you could just send me the money you would spend getting the gear...;)

I'm talking about getting a knit cap or hat...not a jersey or large parka.

I'm talking about getting a knit cap or hat...not a jersey or large parka.

Either way...I am a poor student here...a spare $5 would be nice to have...:p

I haven't gotten my ice cream yet. I'm still trying to figure out what to eat for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.