Path is in our rear view mirror part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to prefer the shows I can watch online. Not near as many commercials (maybe 2 min total).

Members don't see this ad.

watching the sopranos now... fast forward thru the commercials

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate this. Every time an exam comes around, I can't fall asleep. Or, if I do, I only sleep a few hours.

first year i never could fall asleep before an exam. most of the time i was just studying the whole night. second year i became a tad more efficient, and was able to sleep at least 4 hours.

gonna shower, run a few errands and then study.. Woo hoo inservice.

Taking a break from article writing +pad+

Wassup Dr. Will? Early match results are in. Were you part of that by any chance?

Nope...I'm EM all the way.

Just got back from a second look at Cinci. It just confirmed what I already knew, I've got my first choice. Pretty please let me be a resident there.

Nope...I'm EM all the way.

Just got back from a second look at Cinci. It just confirmed what I already knew, I've got my first choice. Pretty please let me be a resident there.

Glad you had a good second look there. Cinci isn't the most ideal location, nor does it have the best physical plant, so i'm sure it won't be many people's number 1. I hope you match there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck all you 4th years!!!

Ahhh...I was going though some major DTs not having the internet again. Glad these people know how to fix their internet!!!

Thanks! In some ways I wish I could go back to your position and do somethings differently and better so that I wouldn't be as stressed about the match as I am now.

Thanks! In some ways I wish I could go back to your position and do somethings differently and better so that I wouldn't be as stressed about the match as I am now.

You'll do great my friend! :thumbup:

Yeah, good luck all! Next year, when yall are interns, please remember the fate of the lowly 3rd year med students (which I will be next year) and go easy on us when the pimping starts! :)

Jeebus...who's watching 24? Jack needs to learn the bad guy's tortue technique. It's pretty brutal.

Jeebus...who's watching 24? Jack needs to learn the bad guy's tortue technique. It's pretty brutal.

Yeah, a power drill would make me crack.

As strong as I'd like to think I am, I think that I'd crack pretty quickly under many forms of torture.

I'm now going to watch "the Hills," which will make me feel better about my life even amidst this match chaos.

This article I'm working on- or more correctly, the references for it- is giving me a renewed hatred for bioethicists. Long winded SOBs :mad:

At an outside place i was working today the nurse messed up the POC testing on a u preg. i told a 14 yr old virgin he was pregnant. the nurse hit positive instead of negative on the computer.. WHOOPS... Thankfully we got this resolved prior to telling her parents.

man im stressed and me dont know why..

did i mention how much i love the dvr...

get to chill at the brew pub for cheap bad ass beers (monday night special), and not have to worry that i missed 24.

At an outside place i was working today the nurse messed up the POC testing on a u preg. i told a 14 yr old virgin he was pregnant. the nurse hit positive instead of negative on the computer.. WHOOPS... Thankfully we got this resolved prior to telling her parents.

:laugh: :laugh: ...not laughing at the misfortune...just this line: i told a 14 yr old virgin he was pregnant. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

did i mention how much i love the dvr...

get to chill at the brew pub for cheap bad ass beers (monday night special), and not have to worry that i missed 24.

I wish the quality of shows on my tv were worth a dvr. When it's snowing on tv, it can't get any better. Oh I can't wait til I can afford cable and have time to watch it. But now that is just a dream because it is way far away til that happens.

:laugh: :laugh: ...not laughing at the misfortune...just this line: i told a 14 yr old virgin he was pregnant. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I'd say that was a pretty big mistake that should have been corrected prior to talking to his parents. :laugh:

you have to use logic to rationalize doing certain things... i like sports, and jack bauer, and tony soprano, and alton brown.... (i don't know how to connect these, but bare with me). i could watch some of my favorite sports at home with my old school tv, but would rather watch some of it at the sports bar (either in high def or on the big screen). so i rationalized to spend 600 bucks on an LCD HDTV, so i wouldnt have to go to the sports bar.... each sports bar visit costs at least 50 bucks a night (since my gf is included). now that i have this HDTV, i should probably spend the extra 10 bucks a month on the HDTV package. however, for only 4 bucks more, i can get the DVR!!! this is where jack and tony and alton come in to play. as a 4th year, particularly at my socially expansive institution, nights like tonight are the norm... so dvr will allow me to enjoy good american culture-j,t,and a!

so in conclusion, logic always wins

:laugh:

Mmmm... Alton Brown. He makes yumminess happen.

I love me that Alton.

On a side note, in our section the ER docs also cover the 23h observation unit. So that's what I'm doing right now.

The folks are nice, but I miss the ER. Oh well, at least my shift is over in 30 minutes.

Actually, today we did have a path case in which a guy tested positive for HCG. Later they found out he had stomach cancer that had an ectopic focus releasing the hormone.

That would be the closest you can get to a guy being pregnant though.

Actually, today we did have a path case in which a guy tested positive for HCG. Later they found out he had stomach cancer that had an ectopic focus releasing the hormone.

ouchy...

humbug... ortho and your getting me up at 6 am.

have a good night y'all

been quiet in here this morning. Had to keep the thread alive

+pad+ just one more before class

But school should have been cancelled today.

long day.. lecture from 7 to noon.. work from 2 to midnight.. Long day..

Status
Not open for further replies.