Past acceptees with low GPAs? (Atlantic Bridge)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nessy5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

Anyone been accepted to any Irish Schools with low end GPAs (3.04) 0ver the last few years? Just trying to see if there is any hope for me. MCAT is 514 (91st percentile). Won't include EC's as I just want to know if people around these numbers can even get in.

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Give their office a call! They're happy to provide admissions stats and will answer any other questions...I talked to them last week.

hi all,

Anyone been accepted to any Irish Schools with low end GPAs (3.04) 0ver the last few years? Just trying to see if there is any hope for me. MCAT is 514 (91st percentile). Won't include EC's as I just want to know if people around these numbers can even get in.

Cheers!
You might no get into RCSI or TCD, but you might have a chance at the others. Make sure your ECs are up to par.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I think it will be harder each year from now on. For one, I know many Canadians apply to Atlantic Bridge because Canada is probably the most competitive place to get into medicine - few schools, fairly cheap education so many people with UG degrees.

I have around 3.7 GPA (based on 4.5 scale) which will maybe be slightly higher than the 3.04/4.0, and I am nervously waiting for a decision! I have received an interview from RCSI however!

I was accepted to RCSI this cycle and have a 3.26 GPA, and a 36 MCAT, which was in the 97th percentile when I took it. For comparison though, I've not been accepted to any of the USMD or DO schools I applied to, and only interviewed at Dartmouth, who I'm still waiting to hear back from.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted to RCSI this cycle and have a 3.26 GPA, and a 36 MCAT, which was in the 97th percentile when I took it. For comparison though, I've not been accepted to any of the USMD or DO schools I applied to, and only interviewed at Dartmouth, who I'm still waiting to hear back from.
Did you apply early to USDO schools and to what ones? If you interviewed at Dartmouth, then you should have gotten some looks from other schools.... That's odd. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Bahrain or Ireland ?