Passed NAPLEX!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmadiazepine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I passed NAPLEX! Here to help anyone who needs advice! Here's what I did:

Time spent on studying for NAPLEX: 3 weeks including working 30 hours a week

Sources:
1) RxPrep Course Book and RxPrep Quiz Bank
2) APhA for ONLY Infectious Diseases and HIV
3) SDN 120 Calculations Packet - THE ONLY source you ever need for calculations for NAPLEX

I read RxPrep book twice and finally spent last few days reviewing topics I felt I needed more preparation with like infectious diseases, HIV, transplant/immunosuppression, hepatitis, and a few days before the test I reviewed the big boys again like diabetes, asthma, COPD, HTN, hyperlipidemia.

I did the SDN 120 questions calculations packet once during my 1st week, once during my 2nd week, and once during my 3rd week. It is important to really understand how to do mEq, mmol, and mOsm because I had all of them on my NAPLEX multiple times. I totally forgot how to do them when I was doing the SDN 120 questions calculations packet, so I got my old calculations book from school and refreshed up on it. If anyone needs help with it, ask, because its really simple if you know the right formulas.

The APhA book to me is a complete waste of money. It is unnecessary, it's too much, it's too detailed.. I'm glad I stopped reading it after the first chapter when I realized WTF am I doing reading this ish. The only time I used it was to review for infectious diseases and HIV. It helped with both those topics, and if you are weak in either ID or HIV (as I'm sure many people are), then APhA is good to review those two topics.

I did the Pre-NAPLEX once during my second week and scored a 108. This gave me a lot of confidence and made me ease up on my studying a bit.

I did not study at all the day before my exam and the weekend before my exam. You need time to relax and feel confident that you know your stuff. If you don't know it by now, after 4 or 6 years of school, I don't know when you'll ever know.

Took the NAPLEX and had a few questions from left field, a few on topics I didn't feel too comfortable with, and a bunch of questions where I was able to answer it in seconds. Barely looked at patient profiles..

Score: 130!

Any questions, just ask! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Sources:
3) SDN 120 Calculations Packet - THE ONLY source you ever need for calculations for NAPLEX

I read RxPrep book twice and finally spent last few days reviewing topics I felt I needed more preparation with like infectious diseases, HIV, transplant/immunosuppression, hepatitis, and a few days before the test I reviewed the big boys again like diabetes, asthma, COPD, HTN, hyperlipidemia.

I did the SDN 120 questions calculations packet once during my 1st week, once during my 2nd week, and once during my 3rd week. It is important to really understand how to do mEq, mmol, and mOsm because I had all of them on my NAPLEX multiple times. I totally forgot how to do them when I was doing the SDN 120 questions calculations packet, so I got my old calculations book from school and refreshed up on it. If anyone needs help with it, ask, because its really simple if you know the right formulas.

The APhA book to me is a complete waste of money. It is unnecessary, it's too much, it's too detailed.. I'm glad I stopped reading it after the first chapter when I realized WTF am I doing reading this ish. The only time I used it was to review for infectious diseases and HIV. It helped with both those topics, and if you are weak in either ID or HIV (as I'm sure many people are), then APhA is good to review those two topics.

I did the Pre-NAPLEX once during my second week and scored a 108. This gave me a lot of confidence and made me ease up on my studying a bit.

I did not study at all the day before my exam and the weekend before my exam. You need time to relax and feel confident that you know your stuff. If you don't know it by now, after 4 or 6 years of school, I don't know when you'll ever know.

Took the NAPLEX and had a few questions from left field, a few on topics I didn't feel too comfortable with, and a bunch of questions where I was able to answer it in seconds. Barely looked at patient profiles..

How much of what you studied for the Naplex do you remember now?

Sources:

Is it a one and done thing or do you still use it at work?