Pass in clerkship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceDoc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I just found out that I only received a pass in this clerkship and needless to say I am very disappointed. I am sure this has been asked, but how much will this hurt my chances in gaining interviews? Thanks for your advice...

Members don't see this ad.

What was the reason behind the Pass? Third year grading schemes are notoriously subjective. However, did you get great evaluations? Was it b/c of the shelf grade? If you are interested in Ob/Gyn go speak with the clerkship and/or the residency director for your program for advice. There may be a way around it. At least you passed and didn't fail. It won't be the end of the world believe me. PM me if you like. :)

I agree, it can't hurt to talk with the clerkship director and tell them how you're really interested in ob/gyn and worked hard to honor the clerkship.

Also, if it's not too late you could schedule an early 4th year sub-internship in ob/gyn and honor that rotation. That would help a lot.