PAs (Physician Assistants) who think they are physicians!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, and All4MyDaughter, you owe me for successfully hijacking a thread that is embarrassing to our profession and turning it into a common flamefest about something not even closely related.

I'ma put that in my pocket and cash it out later.

Like when the District Attorney gave Omar Little the "get out of jail free" card on The Wire for testifying against Bird in the Ron Gant murder case.

"I got the shotgun...you got the briefcase...but it's all in the game, right?"

Hahahaha.

In fact, eff this BMW crap. I'm tired of talking about something as stupid as cars.

Let's talk about The Wire.

I just got done watching the third season (again). Anybody else notice the parallels between the destruction of the high rise housing projects and run up to the Barksdale/Stanfield gang war in Season 3 with the terrorism/Iraq affair of the early to mid 2000s?

Slim Charles, Barksdale's top adviser, on putting the murder of Stringer Bell on Marlo's crew as an excuse to war for territory: "If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie."

Just like freaking Dick Chaney and Paul Wolfowitz wrapped together and personified by ghetto ass gangsta in Balmer.

That David Simon dude is like freaking Dostoevsky, y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, and All4MyDaughter, you owe me for successfully hijacking a thread that is embarrassing to our profession and turning it into a common flamefest about something not even closely related.

I'ma put that in my pocket and cash it out later.

Like when the District Attorney gave Omar Little the "get out of jail free" card on The Wire for testifying against Bird in the Ron Gant murder case.

"I got the shotgun...you got the briefcase...but it's all in the game, right?"

Hahahaha.

In fact, eff this BMW crap. I'm tired of talking about something as stupid as cars.

Let's talk about The Wire.

I just got done watching the third season (again). Anybody else notice the parallels between the destruction of the high rise housing projects and run up to the Barksdale/Stanfield gang war in Season 3 with the terrorism/Iraq affair of the early to mid 2000s?

Slim Charles, Barksdale's top adviser, on putting the murder of Stringer Bell on Marlo's crew as an excuse to war for territory: "If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie."

Just like freaking Dick Chaney and Paul Wolfowitz wrapped together and personified by ghetto ass gangsta in Balmer.

That David Simon dude is like freaking Dostoevsky, y'all.

:) im gonna go wash my M3 today...but i may not cause of the water id be wasting...that reclaimed water may be used for thirsty people...

I know, I know. It's hard to come to terms with.

Who says I'm talking about people in this country? Because I wasn't. The poorest Americans are like the richest Ethiopian's wet dream fantasy.

And second, the reason its like that is because the upper class typically
siphon the labor of the lower classes via the abuse of economic leverage. It is patently absurd to think that rich people actually expend labor in value to that in which they are compensated. This typically is in the form of them owning capital and using that to make people give them the value of their labor for less than what it is worth. We are all overcompensated for what we do, honestly. In our case, mostly due to an abuse of the supply/demand market that we rigged in our favor.

It will probably take you a while to wrap your head around that. So you won't. And that's fine, this isn't a philosophy board. Or a pseudo Marxist discussion board.

But to save you the brainpower and time, do know that your entire point is utter bull****; both intellectually and practically.

Not to mention the fact that medicare and medicaid are probably a decent portion of your clientele. It's like a giant, absurd cycle of dependency.

You ain't in PA. Old Timer can complain about supporting my ass. Not to mention the fact that I paid into it, anyway, (it's unemployment insurance. You have to pay into it to be eligible.) so really I'm just getting it back what I am rightfully owed from buying insurance.

You sure are. It's a free country. And you're free to be a douchebag that drives a $40,000 car while other people are starving. And you are also free to live in denial and pretend that deep down it doesn't make you feel a little guilty. Or be a sociopath that just doesn't give a damn. Whichever it is, that's your right.

But I'm being dead serious. I think about millions of people in Africa that can't buy HIV drugs. People dying in Darfur. Or people in Somalia living under the random whim of a warlord. No clean water...food...nothing. **** ****s with my head. I seriously couldn't own something like that and not feel like a total *******. I think too damn much. I guess its not fair expecting people try to accept my ethical standards...which are pretty much impossible to live up to...especially in this country of our that centers the self around narcissism.

putting all bashing aside, i get you...but i still love my car and will keep on driving it...i will still pay my taxes so that the govt can do whatever they please with it...and yes, you think way to damn much!!!! You could always move to Africa?????

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I'm pretty sure I'm a part of society either way. Whatever the hell that means.

Well, I don't think I'm a dickhead. My momma told me I was a very special boy back in the day, too...so HA.

So she's shallow, then?

No matter how you attempt to sugar coat it, the quality of a persons car making you more attractive to them is humorous...and sad.

Ok. Career is about priority #57 for me. It's apparently #1 for you. I ain't got no use for excess money, honestly. I do like to do **** occasionally. Dave and Buster's a couple times a month. Go sit in the cheap seats at a WVU game. Sneak in a soda or two. I live off of like $850 a month. I saved up $25k before I had to stop working and follow my wife around the entire damned region on rotations...****, I got like $23k in the bank about 9 months later. Catch a per diem shift here and there...hell, I'm fine. Work two days a month and I'm set financially. The luxury of living below your means. The cool thing about owning a cheap ass car and cheap ass home is that they don't own you like a $40,000 car and $500k house do. You can't leave your work and business behind right now or you'd "lose it all." Really, you wouldn't lose anything...just a stupid house and a stupid car.

It would have SUCKED to have taken out a mortgage and bought a $40,000 car back last November or so and have to continue working all that time in one place...not live with my wife for 6 months because her school sent her all over creation. And they sprung it on her with about a month's notice, too.

Seriously...there is an odd peace of mind associated with it. To know that I can just stop what I'm doing and not have to be beholden to the concept that the things I own are beginning to own me.

But don't you worry, I'm going to start my next real job here pretty soon and join the rat race. :(

And I still think people that drive BMWs are douchebags just based on the fact that they look like the type of cars that a douchebag would drive. I don't even need the extra **** on top of that.

VW Jettas strike me in a similar way, oddly.

As do Scions.

And the newish VW Beatles.

As much as Id like to reach in my computer and BOLO punch you, you're ok i guess...a little ----ed up in the head, but ok...:laugh:

I know, I know. It's hard to come to terms with.

Who says I'm talking about people in this country? Because I wasn't. The poorest Americans are like the richest Ethiopian's wet dream fantasy.

And second, the reason its like that is because the upper class typically
siphon the labor of the lower classes via the abuse of economic leverage. It is patently absurd to think that rich people actually expend labor in value to that in which they are compensated. This typically is in the form of them owning capital and using that to make people give them the value of their labor for less than what it is worth. We are all overcompensated for what we do, honestly. In our case, mostly due to an abuse of the supply/demand market that we rigged in our favor.

It will probably take you a while to wrap your head around that. So you won't. And that's fine, this isn't a philosophy board. Or a pseudo Marxist discussion board.

But to save you the brainpower and time, do know that your entire point is utter bull****; both intellectually and practically.

Not to mention the fact that medicare and medicaid are probably a decent portion of your clientele. It's like a giant, absurd cycle of dependency.

You ain't in PA. Old Timer can complain about supporting my ass. Not to mention the fact that I paid into it, anyway, (it's unemployment insurance. You have to pay into it to be eligible.) so really I'm just getting it back what I am rightfully owed from buying insurance.

You sure are. It's a free country. And you're free to be a douchebag that drives a $40,000 car while other people are starving. And you are also free to live in denial and pretend that deep down it doesn't make you feel a little guilty. Or be a sociopath that just doesn't give a damn. Whichever it is, that's your right.

But I'm being dead serious. I think about millions of people in Africa that can't buy HIV drugs. People dying in Darfur. Or people in Somalia living under the random whim of a warlord. No clean water...food...nothing. **** ****s with my head. I seriously couldn't own something like that and not feel like a total *******. I think too damn much. I guess its not fair expecting people try to accept my ethical standards...which are pretty much impossible to live up to...especially in this country of our that centers the self around narcissism.
Spoiler: Mikey actually quit the hospital because there was a poor rph with loads of loan debt who needed the job more than him.

dude, you are obviously intelligent and feed off being argumentative in general.

Again, to each his own.

Do a field experiment yourself : rent a BMW/ Mercedes/Lexus and drive around for a week and report your findings here. And I am not just talking about tail here.

Unfortunately, thats the society we live in.

dude, you are obviously intelligent and feed off being argumentative in general.

Man, read my profile. Argument enthusiast.

Do a field experiment yourself : rent a BMW/ Mercedes/Lexus and drive around for a week and report your findings here. And I am not just talking about tail here.

Unfortunately, thats the society we live in.

If it went as you think, I think it would just make me depressed about the state of humanity.

Mercedes Benz is much much much better looking and better overall. I drive a Lexus though b/c I want reliability. :)

eh...not a fan of benz's, they scream "i'm spending a lot of money to be boring."

a BMW is more of a true driver's car...they're freakin' fun to drive. i get bored driving my friend's benz around.

2109490235_4e91e406e0_o.jpg
Now would be a great time to take this thread to the next level...Would someone post some pictures of flowers or other random crap like that?

WTF? Why my thread turns out to be a car show? BMW, Audi, Lincoln, all sucks.....I'm buying a Limousine soon. Now, let's get back to the original: Why some PAs act/think they actually are physicians?

eh...not a fan of benz's, they scream "i'm spending a lot of money to be boring."

a BMW is more of a true driver's car...they're freakin' fun to drive. i get bored driving my friend's benz around.

Exactly. I could say the same about American luxury cars. No fun at all to drive around.

Asides from the Corvette Z06, ZR1, and the Dodge Viper, I really can't stand American cars. I've test driven the CTS-V and it is sluggish in the twisties. Performance in the twisties is what matters the most to me.

I'd like being able to take a dead man's curve at 70 mph without feeling like the car is gonna flip over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Exactly. I could say the same about American luxury cars. No fun at all to drive around.

That's because they are luxury cars, not sports sedans.

A Lincoln or a Cadillac ain't meant to be driven around pretending you are Dale Earnhardt. They are built for having a smooth, cushy ride for drivers that don't fell the need to drive around like an immature, aggressive, road raging *******.

That's because they are luxury cars, not sports sedans.

A Lincoln or a Cadillac ain't meant to be driven around pretending you are Dale Earnhardt. They are built for having a smooth, cushy ride for drivers that don't fell the need to drive around like an immature, aggressive, road raging *******.

Has it occurred to you that someone might want to drive a BMW, not because they're a shallow douchebag (which many of them are), but because they actually derive enjoyment from the act of driving? A BMW isn't meant to be a cushy, soft luxury car; it's has a rougher ride because stiffer suspension helps with the handling of the car. Not everyone who buys a BMW is trying to compensate for something, and they don't all drive like "immature, aggressive, road raging *******s". What about the people who take their BMW to the track because they enjoy driving it as it was designed to be driven?

Of course, I wouldn't buy one, but that's just because they don't interest me all that much. They're a bit too large for my tastes.

relax dude...i was jk

jokes on this thread are usually taken a bit further than we would like sometimes...:laugh: Anyway, sorry your thread was hijacked...just dont like being called a douchebag...very stereotypical...especially when none of you know me...Anyway, like i said before, i could care less what PA's call themselves...Whatever...i just go in, do my job, and the rest is history!

He actually put that up as a status? Doesn't that constitute a massive violation of HIPPA laws?

Technically it does not but I don't know of any hospital that would not fire someone for this.

Hospitals do not care if you didn't violate HIPPA. If HR was notified (by a hater/gunner) with a screenshot of this post and an investiagation was ensued (HR rep loging onto facebook and sending you a friend request and your dumb azz accepts) to verify that this information was posted the PA would be FIRED on the spot.

Man, I miss Earnhardt. That brings back memories!

jokes on this thread are usually taken a bit further than we would like sometimes...:laugh: Anyway, sorry your thread was hijacked...just dont like being called a douchebag...very stereotypical...especially when none of you know me...Anyway, like i said before, i could care less what PA's call themselves...Whatever...i just go in, do my job, and the rest is history!

what a douchebag