Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Toothmail, Could You Share With Us Your Experience At Kaplan,is It Worht To Invest The Time And Money ?
Is It Real, About The Tailor Made Analysis On Tour Strength And Weaknesses Or Just A Good Marketing Strat.

I Got 88 In My Part 1 Just Studying At Home Here In Venezuela, So Far I Am Doing The Same Thing For The Part 2 But Have Not Discarded The Chance Of Taking The 3 Month At Kaplan Please Give Me Your Keen Advice

Members don't see this ad.

hi

i have not taken the kaplan course at all so i have no idea francisco.

hi all,

I finally finished my part2 on tuesday and wednesday. it went of well.i thought a lot of questions had 2 answers which were really close. so chosing the best one was quite tough. Also there were no straightforward qestions, eg. identify the lesion in the photograph or the mec of action of a drug. even on the 1st day there were a lot of implied questions. A whole lot of OSHA was asked.

The 2nd day was good but one never knows how one has done till the results. the xrays and photographs are really good quality . Also they open up quite quickly. the only thing i found different than the 1st day was that time is just enough . So my advise would be not to mark any questions on the 2nd day(just in case you fall short of time to unmark them). you can always review all the questions once you are done with solving all of them.

I feel pretty relieved now that the exam is over but also scared about the results. anyone knows how long it takes to get them. Toothmail, what abt ur results? are they out as yet?

All the Best to all those taking part 2.

Sanju.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,

When i took part 1 cbt, it doesn't do harm if you are unable to unmark the marked ones. Could part 2 be different?

hi guys.
i am done with my prt 2 tuday too.
My cse bsed questions sucked !!!! :thumbdown:

first day was okay.. :rolleyes:
But still i am not sure abt the answers..Not many repeats
Case based..i think i needed some more material to practice on...(not the same one over and over again!)

Bottomline...i dont want to think abt the day i get my results.~~ :scared:

hi callousk9....good luck with your scores. i found out from one of the schools that has received my additional score report that i have scored 88. not a great score, i know. i am still waiting for my copy of the report to see the H L and A subject-wise national averages.

hey toothmail,congratulations!!!i think 88 is a really great score,well done!!
so no more national boards for you!!!r u applying for the yr. 2005,if so all the best,u gave great scores that will help u get in good schools!!

TOOTHMAIL!

connnnngratz!! its a great score for prt2...!!!!!!! :thumbup:
i can only 'wish' i get a score like that....

all da best for ur future admission process

Hi toothmail,
Congratulations on a good score.Party time.

thanks everyone! :) it is a big relief to be done with the boards but it was a bit disappointing to see a score in the 80s. :( lets see how far these scores will get me.

wish all of u taking the part 2 and expecting the scores good luck! :luck:

Need The Kaplan Book For Part2 Nbde

Please Contact Me In A Pm

Hi,
Anyone know few websites with normal and pathological oral radiographs helpfull for boards-2?????

:luck: sree.

Members don't see this ad :)
i looked up the sites on the links of interest thread and they were pretty good. u can also do a search on google and come up with a lot of helpful sites. good luck.

Hi dentyst,
Thanks a bunch.

:luck: sree.

hi all
im new in this forum...just wana know kaplan ,dental deck and previous paper r enough for part 2 prep or not... and wat about the reference books???.....

Hi, Dentyst....The material u have is enough to get a good score...also
google search for imp topics....
Good luck

hi smileydent
thanx alottttt..... but can u help me about the imp topics too :confused:

sree said:
Hi dentyst,
thank u for the websiteurl.Its really cool.
When r u planning to take part-2?????

hi sree,
u r always welcom.. well im takin exam in first week of aug.... i dono wat will happen to me cozz i just started the prep ... lets pray for me this is the only thing tat could work noww.. :scared:
wat about u ?? n howz ur prep goinn???

dentyst said:
hi sree,
u r always welcom.. well im takin exam in first week of aug.... i dono wat will happen to me cozz i just started the prep ... lets pray for me this is the only thing tat could work noww.. :scared:
wat about u ?? n howz ur prep goinn???

Hi dentyst,
I am lost and struggling hard to find way out :( .
My test is approaching fast and am :scared: too,its in the last week of july.

wish u good luck.....
sree.

sree said:
Hi dentyst,
I am lost and struggling hard to find way out :( .
My test is approaching fast and am :scared: too,its in the last week of july.

wish u good luck.....
sree.
hi
dont u worry .. u will do it with flying colors (insha allah)... hey dont ask me the mean of insha allha :p .....anywayss ..best of luck n always remember..when u can think it u can do it!!!... good luck..

dentyst said:
hi
dont u worry .. u will do it with flying colors (insha allah)... hey dont ask me the mean of insha allha :p .....anywayss ..best of luck n always remember..when u can think it u can do it!!!... good luck..

Good luck dentyst.

hi guys!!

i finally got my copy of the score report today!! i have an "H" on all except operative dentistry. am surprised i got H on case-based since i felt i had done really really badly.

toothmail said:
hi guys!!

i finally got my copy of the score report today!! i have an "H" on all except operative dentistry. am surprised i got H on case-based since i felt i had done really really badly.

connnngratazzzzzz!!!!.....well done! n all da best for ur future

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!, hey but i wanted to know how they grade and what u mean by "H".

hey toothmail..
its wonderful to know u got all H's in ur paper.

i think "h' stands for higher than average.
Am not absolutely sure abt it.

Hi toothmail,
Congrats on u r gr8 score & H on all.So, ur hard work did pay u.Party time.Good luck in the future for admissions.

:confused: hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
just saw your amazing scores. I am giving d part2 cbt this July.

i have gone thru d dental decks n d previous years ques papers.

exams due next week. :scared: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee give me last minute tips to crack it.

pls reply to boost me up

counting on u all

thanx a ton

Hi cleo,
Best of luck for u r exam .Do ur best & never think of negative.Be positive.Believe in u r self .Do u r exam with full confidence & rest pray to GOD for helping u doing u r exam well.

dear Cutie pie,

thanx for boosting up my confidence.............really needed it.

Cleo said:
:confused: hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
just saw your amazing scores. I am giving d part2 cbt this July.

i have gone thru d dental decks n d previous years ques papers.

exams due next week. :scared: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee give me last minute tips to crack it.

pls reply to boost me up

counting on u all

thanx a ton
HI CLEO, I THINK YOU CAN REST ASSURED YOU HAVE GIVEN A GREAT EFFORT IN THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS, TAKE YOUR TIME TO REVIEW WHATEVER YOU FEEL WEAK IN, BUT FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR SCORE DONT PANIC, ACTUALLY TRY TO BE THE MOST RELAXED YOU CAN, AND FACE THE EXAMINATION WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN MIND, AND YOU WILL DO JUST GREAT.

MY BEST WISHES

Hi cleo,
WISH U GOOD LUCK and give ur best shot.

sree.

1) A drug has half life of 4 hrs. If 2 grams of drug are given every 4 hrs what will be the amount in grams in body after 3rd doze.

Answer is 3.5

can somebody explain how??

2) The drinking water supply of town has natural flouride level of .6ppm if raised by .4 ppm tooth decay among grade school children is expected to decrease by approx what percentage after 7 yrs.

Ans 40 %

dentyst said:
howz ur prep goiinnnn???? good luck sree......

Hi dentyst,
Honestly, I myself donot know where I am :scared:

goodluck to u too.
sree.

jackie25 said:
1) A drug has half life of 4 hrs. If 2 grams of drug are given every 4 hrs what will be the amount in grams in body after 3rd doze.

Answer is 3.5

2) The drinking water supply of town has natural flouride level of .6ppm if raised by .4 ppm tooth decay among grade school children is expected to decrease by approx what percentage after 7 yrs.

Ans 40 %

Ok I can Help with the first one Jackie.
The meaning of half life is more and less the time the body takes to clear half the plasma levels of a given drug, so using this simple rule we can work it out this way:

First dose at time "0" Zero, (lets suppose at time 0 the drug has been completely absorbed and we have 2gm in plasma) after 4 hours the concentration declines to half the initial amount say 1gm.

Second dose at 4 hours, 1gm remaining after the first dose plus 2gm makes 3gm at the begining of the second dose, at the end of the second half life we will have only half the initial dose again, and that would account for 1,5gm.

Third dose at 8 hours, we have the remainder of 1,5gm plus the 2gm dose, there is your answer. 3.5gm

About the Fluoridation effects, I suppose you would have to go through the statistics of the epidemiological studies wich wouldnt render ahigh yield learning, I just assume that this has been their results after studying the beneficial effects of water fluridation. plus dont forget tha a water level above 2ppm begins to show mottling.

If you need any help do not hesitate.

Thanxs buddy,
Hi had some more questions plzzzzzzzz help me solving them
1] Relation between REM and millirem
2] Using "B" speed film exposure to patient at 3 feet is 1 roentgen. What would exposure be with "D" spped film at 6 feet
answer} 1/8 R
3]If intensity of a beam of radiation is 12 at a point 12 inches from the target , the intensity of beam at 24 inches is?
ans} 3
4] An exposure of 2 roentgens is recorded at 8 inches from target of Xray machine.In same machine beam, exposure at 4 inches would be?
ANS} 8R

5] Hey I also wanted to know , how much bone shuld be present for implant to be effective.

6} In asda they have shown a pano and there is unerupted premolar covered by bone and they ask how long will it take for the premolar to erupt?{ so how u calculate this depending on the thickness of the bone covering the unerupted premolar}

7] ALso plzz just wanted to be sure , on 1st day of CBT part 2 we will have how many questions and on 2nd day how many questions we will have?

Thanxs a lot .............

jackie25 said:
Thanxs buddy,
Hi had some more questions plzzzzzzzz help me solving them
1] Relation between REM and millirem
2] Using "B" speed film exposure to patient at 3 feet is 1 roentgen. What would exposure be with "D" spped film at 6 feet
answer} 1/8 R
3]If intensity of a beam of radiation is 12 at a point 12 inches from the target , the intensity of beam at 24 inches is?
ans} 3
4] An exposure of 2 roentgens is recorded at 8 inches from target of Xray machine.In same machine beam, exposure at 4 inches would be?
ANS} 8R

5] Hey I also wanted to know , how much bone shuld be present for implant to be effective.

6} In asda they have shown a pano and there is unerupted premolar covered by bone and they ask how long will it take for the premolar to erupt?{ so how u calculate this depending on the thickness of the bone covering the unerupted premolar}

7] ALso plzz just wanted to be sure , on 1st day of CBT part 2 we will have how many questions and on 2nd day how many questions we will have?

Thanxs a lot .............

1)REM:
An acronym for Roentgen Equivalent Man. A unit which measures radiation in terms of the energy involved (the same as RAD), weighted by a factor related to the type of radiation. For the types of radiation used in radiologic procedures this factor is equal to one, so the REM is equivalent to the RAD.

REM =10 to the power of -6 milli REM.

2) they r related inversely and square times.
so E1/E2=d2/d1 whole square
1/E2= (6/3)(6/3)
E2=1/4 is the answer
I think the answer is wrong.....please if I am wrong correct me.

3) I1/I2=d2/d1 square times
(twelve)12/I2=(24/12)(24/12)
I2=3
4) same formula as answer 2 and u will get the correct answer 8R

5) I am not sure about the exact amount if someone know please let us know.

6) when u r given a pano u can see all the adjacent tooth position and guess the age of patient and cane expect how long will it take for the eruption.
If all r erupted and its impacted,I think u have to guess :D
Hey if anyone know any info about this please let us know

7)First day of exam 400 questions and 2nd day will be 100 questions.

Friends I too have a doubt....
In CPR,how many compressions do we actually have to do per minute???
Decks its 80 to 100 per minute and in asda papers its 60(one per second)per minute... :confused:

goodluck jakie.

hi everyone!!!

I dont know the answer to this ques:

The amount of bone loss around an implant is-
a) 1mm in the first year and 0.1mm annually
b)1mm in the first year and 0.4 mm annually
c)2mm in the first year and 0.2mm annually
d)2mm in the first year and 0.4mm annually

kindly send in your answers

thanx

thanxs,
for CPR what i read said 60 in 1min.
So when r u planning to appear.
Goodluck .

Hi can anyone clarify these:
1) difference of acute apical abscess and acute apical periodontitis
2) difference of chronic apical abcess and chronic apical peridontitis.
I know that chronic apical periodontitis same as suppurative apical periodontitis and phenix abcess is exacerbation of chronic apical abcess.
The questions in asda papers r quite confusing.

I donot have my Grossman handy and so couldnot refer.

thanks in advance.

1.acute apical abscess/acute periapical abscess/acute apical pericementitis/phoenix abscess

loacalised collection of puss in the alveolar bone at the root apex of a tooth following death of the pulp ,with extension of the infection thru the apical foramen into the periapical tissue.

acute apical periodontitis
AAP is a painful inflammation of the periodontium as a result of trauma,irritation or infection thry the root canal ,regardless of whether the pulp is vital or non vital.
D/D :acute alv abscess
2 chronic alveolar abscess/chr suppurative apical periodontitis
CAA is a long standing ,low grade infection of the periradicular alveolar bone.the source of infection is in the root canal.

there is no pathology by name chr apical periodontitis (i cdn't find one!)
So i gess chr alv abscess & chr apical periodontitis are the same as there is the intermediate term chr suppurative periodontitis.
all the definitions are from Grossman.

the impalnt qn:
Carranza says-the initial bone redmodelling results in 1-2 mm bone loss after that the bone level is relatively stable.

so i think the answer is 1.

Hi pearl,
can u check the asda question in endo-perio
booklet-C and question 13?????

If CAP & CAA r one ans same then the answer must be wrong....what do u say????

Cleo said:
hi everyone!!!

I dont know the answer to this ques:

The amount of bone loss around an implant is-
a) 1mm in the first year and 0.1mm annually
b)1mm in the first year and 0.4 mm annually
c)2mm in the first year and 0.2mm annually
d)2mm in the first year and 0.4mm annually

kindly send in your answers

thanx

hi
ans is choice b...
0.8 mm firt yr and 0.1 mm each yr after...

Hi dentist
u r saying its .8mm loss then how will it be b :confused: ???