Part 1 in Aug

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr37

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have my exam in Aug first week. I have done NBD First Aid once and refered Kaplan in b/w..As of now my biggest problem is Micro, biochem..can't seem to remember it enough :eek: now doing decks.. and will do past papers afterwards..

Any suggestions?? Anyone taking exam during Aug ??

Members don't see this ad.

hey

im taking the xam in 2nd week of aug..will be completing patho in by Thursday...i got first aid pretty late...so read most of the stuff frm usmle notes, but doin path frm frst aid...
after path il start revising biochem as i did tht long timeback..

good luck to u....

count me in too.im also taking exam in 2nd week of august. i ll b starting anatomy today.done with decks once,doing first aid as well.micro patho n biochem is really hard to remember.im using usmle first aid as well for some mnemonics.good luck to both of u

hey

whr have u guys done patho frm?

i was goin thru the review book, every book has somethng extra..:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I hv done microbiology from first aid n decks once.n for patho I studied frm first aid n decks.I used usmle first aid for some mnemonics.

Hi friends, how's it going with you? I am freaking out.. seeing the huge pile of decks and papers.. i am like..will i be able to do it?

and Goyal, dnt worry abt different sources, study from whrever u feel comfortable..every book has some differences, so look for what goes well with u.. i have kaplan dentessentials too..but i like first aid way better..so i m doing first aid, decks and papers.. occasional glimpse here n there to kaplan review book.

hey

dr37

ya u r rite, i shud stick to one source....giving two more days to path, n thn i cnnt take mre of pathology...

I agree with dr 37.every book has same stuff presented in a different way.guys,I'm doing anatomy.it seems that I hv forgotten everything about micropatho n biochem.dental anatomy is the only thing i retain. reading anatomy frm first aid for the first time.I hv done it b4 frm decks n netters.any suggestions for anatomy preparation?

i read anatomy long time back..did frm kaplan lecture notes and decks....its vast..keep revising....:)

Remembering Anatomy :eek:
Hmm i did from First Aid and will do decks too in few days..presently doing Micro/Path.. I feel the more u are able to revis the better it is..

n wat about the first aid chapters of general histology n developmental biology.these r important or not?

Hi all,

I have my exam in Aug first week. I have done NBD First Aid once and refered Kaplan in b/w..As of now my biggest problem is Micro, biochem..can't seem to remember it enough :eek: now doing decks.. and will do past papers afterwards..

hey am also giving in aug,tell me what shud we concentrate on

Hi all,

i have it in july last week.....still lot to do.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, just finished decks for micro path..took me longer than what i had thought :-( now will do some papers to see where i am, did two papers last night and got only 60-70% scared to hell :eek: just a month left n i m still getting 60-70 percent right:eek: These viruses are sucking the blood out of me..lol....well, lets see how it goes,, next plan is anat decks and papers,

Today eve is for movie and later 4th of July firewroks :laugh: wnt be able to study at night, so trying to get some studying done now..

what are you guys upto ??

Hi,
How many days you took for finshing Micro and Path???I want to start Micro& Path from Tomorrow.So please tell me how many days you took for it?????Did only decks?????
Thanks a lot.........................
Hi all, just finished decks for micro path..took me longer than what i had thought :-( now will do some papers to see where i am, did two papers last night and got only 60-70% scared to hell :eek: just a month left n i m still getting 60-70 percent right:eek: These viruses are sucking the blood out of me..lol....well, lets see how it goes,, next plan is anat decks and papers,

Today eve is for movie and later 4th of July firewroks :laugh: wnt be able to study at night, so trying to get some studying done now..

what are you guys upto ??

I did first aid before and it took me 4 days to do the decks..

hi.same here,going to enjoy fireworks.2day is my day off,so im relaxing.i am studying 6-7 hrs per day.thats wat i can do with a baby.still doing anatomy frm first aid.then i ll revise decks.best of luck to all of u

Keep Going smile..i knw hw hard it is to manage with baby..thts why want to get done with studies before geting married ;)

Fireworks were so nice..amazing..mesmerized..revived my childhood..hmm..enough of sentiments, will sleep now and hopefully start fresh from morning:xf:

good luck everyone.

Hey all

im back to reality after the long weeknd...although did nt go fr fireworks this year, but got chance to watch transformers...

bk to studiess..
will be starting biochem tomm...

smile hats off to u, i cnnt manage my time being single, wth kid i dnt knw how do u take out time, good luck grl...
good luck to all...

we all can plan out the plan of action fr the mnth ..tht is revising, coz im too confused how to go about the whole thing...

Thank you guys for encouraging me. I ll b starting anatomy decks 2moro.done with first aid.after that I want to do past papers to see where I stand.time is too short but therez still a lot to study:mad:

Hi guys, what are u upto,,i am gonna start DA today..i am freaking out..just 4 more weeks to go....i feel there s vast ocen to remember..is it happening with you guys too or its just me who is going crazy :scared:

hey dr37

dnt freak out..just relax and keep studyn...course is never ending...just keep revising , and try to rad those thngs mre often which u tend to forget more..
ive started reviewing biochem, and its takn so much time..

good luck... to all!

i am also giving exam in aug 2 nd week , i will start patho micro 2 morrow,
i am dooing decks , micro bio sucks , any sugessions to better memorise thse two

NEUROPHYSIOLOGY & NEUROANAT :bang:

almost 5-6 hours later..doesn't sound that bad.. first time ever i could undertsand neuro..may be this is called exm tension..things which never passed the thick cranium are looking better now .. will do more neuro tomorrow..

Last edited:
Hi guys.I hv lost my notebook had written many important things on it for the final review before exam.I'm really worried.but now I can't do anything.trying to focus on studies again.doing past papers now:confused:

hey

how is everyone doin?

how r u ppl going about revising, last one mnth doing questions only or revising theory also?

hey

how is everyone doin?

how r u ppl going about revising, last one mnth doing questions only or revising theory also?

i am revising theory too....but thats just me...coz i tend to forget if i dont rerevise....but the worst thing is i just have a few weeks left and i am still forgetting a lot...i dont know how do people manage to get such amazing scores.....presently they look like superhumans to me....:laugh: with a 100 Iq potential...

hi typhodont.i hv the same feelings for those who hv passedthe exam with gr8 scores.anyway,keep on revising n with that try to do the past papers again.
guys... im hv started pathology n doing past papers as well.still studying for 6-7 hours per day.trying hard to get more time.

hi typhodont.i hv the same feelings for those who hv passedthe exam with gr8 scores.anyway,keep on revising n with that try to do the past papers again.
guys... im hv started pathology n doing past papers as well.still studying for 6-7 hours per day.trying hard to get more time.

i try to study for more hours...but then i would say my output is worth 6...7 hours only...coz i compare my output not to study hours, but the amount i have done....i do get restless in between and i just want to take a break then!!! i am doing da now...still have 50 decks from micro...might do them tonight......

hey all

even im revising theory ..but havnt completed the asda even once, ppl do them twice...
4 mre weeks to go..lets day 30 more days..sounds much better.

me too doin DA..although im reading da fr the 2nd time, im still lost..will be doing few asda papers nw, and will start doing micro frm today dailt fr about 60-90 minutes.

good luck to all!

i am doing patho decks, its going damn slow is there anyone else
in the same boat
not yet.......but i might start patho or physio tommorow.......didnt have the desired output today and i dont know if i would be able to do much tommorow....as i intend to go out for my first wedding anniv....:love: :) but i do want to squeeze in as many hours as i can tommorow....

Hi typhodont.happy anniversary.hv a gr8 day.good luck for the exam. Guys I'm doing pathology frm first aid.I ll do decks afterwards.actually I hv got soft copy of past papers.I don't hv the booklet 1-k.is there anyone who can email me this asda released exam??

Hi typhodont.happy anniversary.hv a gr8 day.good luck for the exam. Guys I'm doing pathology frm first aid.I ll do decks afterwards.actually I hv got soft copy of past papers.I don't hv the booklet 1-k.is there anyone who can email me this asda released exam??

thanks for the wishe...ia m back to the books again:(...started physio....

Hi.I'm still waiting for the response.is there anyone who can email me the asda released exam 1-k?????

HI!! i M APPEARING IN SEP.. I WNNA KNOW WHICH SUBJECT IS GOOD IN NBDE FIRST AID?? IS PATHO GOOD IN IT? AS i HAVE READ IT FROM DECKS ONLY...AND DA IS GOOD IN FIRST AID??

hi,
NBDE first aid is good for Anatomy, histology.You need not to refer anthing except Netter's when u r doing First Aid.But DADH is not good.Do decks, Okeson and Kaplan NBDE review book for DADH.
Pathology-they have covered all the major points in First aid , but it is very hard for u to remeber if u just read first aid.You shuld know the disaese process and underlying concept.So if u have time do decks and look in the wikipedia and Kaplan review for explanation.

This is my opinion.That's what I have figured out in my first reading.Hope this helps....
HI!! i M APPEARING IN SEP.. I WNNA KNOW WHICH SUBJECT IS GOOD IN NBDE FIRST AID?? IS PATHO GOOD IN IT? AS i HAVE READ IT FROM DECKS ONLY...AND DA IS GOOD IN FIRST AID??

hey i am also giving in second week of august......
how much you all are getting in revised papers..........?

I hv also finished micro patho.now trying to start biochem today:mad:

hey guys,

My exam is in first week...how r u all doing?right now i m stuck with phy/bio :( which is the weakest area for me...god as days passes by its really getting hard...but we will have to keep going...:thumbup: any advice for the last one week...