Pacific Northwest PT School Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheIron

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I thought I would start a thread for those of us waiting on schools in the northwest. The waiting game is nearing the end and it would be cool to share my anxiety with other applicants :)

I applied last year to 2 schools in WA. I heard back from UW on Feb 15 and UPS on Feb 10, so hopefully that is when we will hear back this cycle.

Also, interview invites for George Fox are supposed to be sent "early January"... Anybody heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to UW and EWU. From what I understand they are both pretty competitive, especially for an out of state applicant such as myself. Although I did live in Spokane for 5 years while stationed at FAFB. The waiting game is rough...

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to UW and University of Puget Sound. I couldn't get the upper level biology classes completed in time to apply to EWU, though I visited a couple of years ago and really liked what I saw of the program. I suppose if I don't get in this cycle, I will be able to make it happen next time around.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email from Christina from GFU:

I know there is much anticipation and anxiousness in waiting for an Invitation to Interview. The original timeline was to send the invitations by the end of this week. I'm afraid that I will not have the finalized list of interviewees until Tuesday. The admissions committee has been hard at work reviewing and re-reviewing the increased amount applications received this year and needs more time.

Interview Invitations with dates and details will be confirmed Tuesday, January 13th.

Happy Waiting!
Cristina

So close to knowing....

I guess we will hear later today about any decisions on George Fox.

Reactions: 1 users
Check your emails if you're waiting for George Fox!

Got an email saying EWU will not send decisions until Friday 1/30. They said they got 13% more applications this time around and didn't want to rush the decision!

This waiting is seriously killing me!! This is going to be the longest 3 weeks of my life...

At least I have the super bowl to look forward to. Go Hawks!!

This waiting is seriously killing me!! This is going to be the longest 3 weeks of my life...

At least I have the super bowl to look forward to. Go Hawks!!

Yeah!! That game yesterday was intense, I usually listen rather than watch, which is good as it might have killed me otherwise.

I got an email from UPS that admissions decisions will be emailed first week of February. Were the UW decisions last year email or actual mail?

Yeah!! That game yesterday was intense, I usually listen rather than watch, which is good as it might have killed me otherwise.

I got an email from UPS that admissions decisions will be emailed first week of February. Were the UW decisions last year email or actual mail?
My denial was sent via email and I believe acceptances/waitlists were snail mail. Some of those accepted could "peek" and check the status of their UW grad application to see the decision before they got their letter in the mail. Here is the thread from people hearing back last year:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/dpt-university-of-washington.1054630/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I applied to UW, UPS, EWU, Idaho State U, and University of Mary. I also heard about EWU delaying.. but just 10 more days left! I realized that out of all the schools I applied to, U of Mary is the only that requires an interview. I'll be having mine this Friday through Skype :nailbiting: (first interview ever so I'm a little worried)

Anyone heard from Pacific yet? I'm not really expecting to hear before the end of January, but the wait is killing me, especially since I've already heard from George Fox.

For those of you that applied to Montana, I know someone that got their interview invite two days ago. I still have not heard anything, but keep your eye out for an email from them.

Anyone heard from Pacific yet? I'm not really expecting to hear before the end of January, but the wait is killing me, especially since I've already heard from George Fox.
I just got an email from Pacific University today around noon notifying me that I'm on the Tier 1 waitlist! Check your inboxes and junk mail folders!

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite at 5pm today! It's a full day event. Time to prepare for the writing sample.
Interview Day Events

Registration

Program & Admissions Overview

Writing Sample

Lunch with Current Students

Interviews

Anyone ever done the writing ample before??

My response is required by January 30th (I'm going to attend the interview), so I imagine a wave of additional invites may go out this coming Monday. Also, my interview date is February 21st. Just FYI.

Anyone else really excited/nervous to hear back from Eastern tomorrow? I know I am, as they said it was much more competitive this cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm getting nervous for next week!! UPS is supposed to email decisions the first week of February!

It's a close 2nd to UW!! Is it yours?
Yeah I think it is. I would want to visit the area first before deciding though since they don't interview. I've been to Seattle to visit my cousin before, so I know I like the city. But I didn't get a chance to visit Puget Sound while I was there. I like UW a lot too, but their OOS tuition is pretty expensive. I would still consider it though since it's a really good school.

Puget Sound would actually be $50,000 cheaper for me.:greedy:

Anytime now Eastern...

I applied to UW and EWU. From what I understand they are both pretty competitive, especially for an out of state applicant such as myself. Although I did live in Spokane for 5 years while stationed at FAFB. The waiting game is rough...

Ditto here, I'm out of state although my family is all in Washington now. I've seen some of the stats for applicants and it looks like I could qualify, but I'm not sure where I stand since I'm out of state.

I'd love to hear when you hear back!

Hey everyone! I thought I would start a thread for those of us waiting on schools in the northwest. The waiting game is nearing the end and it would be cool to share my anxiety with other applicants :)

I applied last year to 2 schools in WA. I heard back from UW on Feb 15 and UPS on Feb 10, so hopefully that is when we will hear back this cycle.

Also, interview invites for George Fox are supposed to be sent "early January"... Anybody heard anything yet?

I got waitlisted for an interview spot. Anybody else in that boat? They said I was #5 out of thirtysomething. I guess that saves me travel expenses if they're not interested, but I haven't heard of waitlisting for an interview spot. Is that normal? Anybody get off the waitlist yet?

I'd love any info.

Got an interview at GFU! Woot Woot!

Got waitlisted for an interview. What was scheduling process like for you? I'd love to hear about your experience when you're done. I'm not sure what waitlisted for an interview spot means, but I'm hoping I make the cut :/

Any info helps, thanks.

When you are waitlisted for an interview it usually means that you will get an interview if enough people decline their interview invite. So if you are #5 on the interview waitlist, you will get an interview as long as 5 people decline to come to their interview. So the only question is how many GFU applicants have other offers. If they have other offers they are more likely to decline their interview.

EWU is taking a bit too long.. haha, I've been obsessively checking my e-mail D:

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah Eastern is making me really antsy haha. I check my email like every two minutes...the definition of insanity haha.

Reactions: 4 users
Count me into the crazy EWU e-mail/thread refreshers. I keep trying to remind myself that it's not quite 2pm there but I am getting SO antsy!!

Count me into the crazy EWU e-mail/thread refreshers. I keep trying to remind myself that it's not quite 2pm there but I am getting SO antsy!!

Oh, did they say they would let us know at 2pm?

Oh, did they say they would let us know at 2pm?

No, I'm just thinking that it's only 2 there so it's still awhile before the business day ends. But to be fair, communication could really come at any time. I'm just over thinking things :)

Just got my acceptance from EWU!!!!! Hope there is good news coming for the rest of you!

Just got my rejection email from EWU. They weren't my top choice and I'm not really super surprised. My fingers are still crossed for GFU!

Got waitlisted for an interview. What was scheduling process like for you? I'd love to hear about your experience when you're done. I'm not sure what waitlisted for an interview spot means, but I'm hoping I make the cut :/

Any info helps, thanks.

I am dropping my interview at George Fox next week... hope you get a phone call soon! Best of luck

Waitlisted:/ There really must have been a lot of extremely competitive applicants this year. If you decide to not attend and are accepted, please decline for us who really want to go!! Lol For EWu that is..

Last edited:
Waitlisted... :/ Ugh.. Frustrating.

Last edited:
HI all,
I received an interview invite to Pacific University for the 13th. I also applied to EWU and UW. I got accepted to EWU today and am waiting to hear still from UW. Super excited about my acceptance to Eastern. I have a few other options too but I am leaning toward Eastern so far. :)

I got rejected.. :(

But, I'm not too surprised. I'm hoping the other WA schools go alright though :)

Has anyone gone through and added up the total program cost at George Fox?

Yeah I think it is. I would want to visit the area first before deciding though since they don't interview. I've been to Seattle to visit my cousin before, so I know I like the city. But I didn't get a chance to visit Puget Sound while I was there. I like UW a lot too, but their OOS tuition is pretty expensive. I would still consider it though since it's a really good school.

Puget Sound would actually be $50,000 cheaper for me.:greedy:

Wow, that out of state tuition is steep! I'm a WA state resident, so UW is about 25K cheaper for me. I went to UW for my undergrad, so UPS is appealing just to attend a different school, and I also really like that they have that onsite clinic.

Does anyone have an idea what the writing sample would be for Pacific University's interview process, by any chance? I'm really curious. ... Thanks!

Has anyone gone through and added up the total program cost at George Fox?
I want to say ~ $27,000/year is what they said at the open house. I remember it being cheaper than Pacific U but not cheap by any means. Especially considering that they are new and are only provisionally accredited.

Last edited:
Did anyone else just receive an e-mail from UPS about setting up a myPugetSound account?

Hmm I'm not sure what the point of that e-mail was. I set up my account but it didn't provide anything else. I'm gonna be checking e-mail non-stop this week :smack: