P/CC Reading List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emt30119

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scenario: Interested in P/CC. 2 weeks vacation just prior to pulm clinic rotation. Lots of passenger hours ahead on family road trip. I have been very deficient in the reading department lately (ok, forever).

Need: List of articles to read on tablet while on the road. I'm thinking, latest comprehensive reviews on COPD, Asthma, restrictive disease, PFT interpretation, etc. As well as recent landmark studies. I'll be doing my own searching as well, but thought I would open it up to SDN community to augment my searching abilities as well as serve as a reference list for those in the future. Maybe just have a running list of good articles.

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to look especially baller . . . know your way around ILD some

1. American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society international multidisciplinary consensus classification of the idiopathic interstitial pneumonias. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2002;165:277-304.

2. An official ATS/ERS/JRS/ALAT statement: idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: evidence-based guidelines for diagnosis and management. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2011;183:788-824.

3. Idiopathic nonspecific interstitial pneumonia: report of an American Thoracic Society project. Am J Respir Crit Care Med; 2008;177:1338-47.

4. Diagnosis and Treatment of Connective Tissue Disease-Associated Interstitial Lung Disease. Chest March 2013, Vol 143, No. 3

Don't dispair, it a tough subject even for the experts, but just showing that you're even thinking about these entities put you in step above.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this goes for all residents, I am certainly guilty of it myself and I am going pulm/CC. Residency as so much CC ant not enough pulm. Outpt and diagnostic pulm is very weak in the typical IM resident. Everyone wants to impress with their CC knowledge yet no one can manage outpt asthma. Spend some time learning pulm.

Thanks again for all the input. For future people in my shoes, here is a great resource I stumbled upon while looking for good articles. 2012 ATS Reading List