Owl's found a new home

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by OwlMyste
You're drunk womansurg...and have diarrhea of the mouth.

My dear OwlMyste, womansurg has never used expletives and words unbecoming of a lady and a sur -- I mean, a physician. :) ('Cause we all know surgeons are the Kings of Cussin') You, on the other hand, have shown us several times that you indeed have quite the potty-mouth.

Originally posted by Geek Medic
Funny you should mention it, but I'd like to see a few of the nurses at my hospital wearing nothing but saran wrap. :cool:

Well, I can already tell you've never done a rotation in a hospital in New York City. :)

Originally posted by odoreater
While I must admit that owlmyste is quite annoying and sophmoric with her ever changing careers and very poorly refrenced "research" those of you who are attacking her are just as *****ic as she is......it is quite enjoyable to watch residents in all specialites go back and forth with a high school kid and at the same time it is quite pathetic (I'm looking at you womansurg and GI guy)..............although you are entertaining me vastly you all did seek her out and bring her back to this forum when she was posting somewhere else..........

So if the drunk surgeon (ahem/excuse me surgical RESIDENT) wants to show off her sdn chops by contiuing to pick on the whipping barnyard animal of the group then let her do so.........just realize how sad it looks to those of us who don't say anything :D

I'm willing to bet that this is Earl who's just trying to protect her.

I'd like to correct you on just one thing: GI Guy and most of the others here, including me, are fourth-year medical students who have either already graduated or are going to graduate within the next two weeks.

But you're right, I don't know what womansurg's problem is... :p

Owl,

If this is just a taste of what you're life is like in the real world, then i can understand why you keep coming to a forum for medical graduates looking for attention and some bizzare form of human interaction. Anyone else with a sense of self-esteem would dump this nick Owlmyste as a lost cause and post under another name if you just wanted to get and share info which is what this site is about.

People like you end up shooting up highschools and go off on rampages with semiautomatics. I really do pity you :(.

Originally posted by GeneralTso
People like you end up shooting up highschools and go off on rampages with semiautomatics. I really do pity you :(.

You know, it's pretty uncool for you guys to be saying stuff like this, disseminating your crazy ideas, shaping impressionable minds, and I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO POSTS UNDER HIS REAL FRIGGIN' NAME.

Can we stop writing stuff like that? I am becoming more and more concerned.

Thank you.

Originally posted by ******
You know, it's pretty uncool for you guys to be saying stuff like this, disseminating your crazy ideas, shaping impressionable minds, and I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO POSTS UNDER HIS REAL FRIGGIN' NAME.

Actually, that's not true. I just remembered that:

ANDREW DOAN, MD, PhD who posts under the name "Ophtho MudPhud" also uses his real name. Cool.

At least I won't be the only victim of senseless violence.

ANDREW DOAN, MD, PhD who posts under the name "Ophtho MudPhud" also uses his real name. Cool.

Well, you don't exactly have to be Sherlock Friggin' Holmes to figure out who I am. As multiple people in my class, residency, and on the interview trail pointed out . . .

mike

Is that really OwlMist's picture? I think she's so cute!

Let's go easy on her, ok gang?

Nemo

Yeah, and if the real pic wasn't hideous enough, she posted a pic in several forums of a fungus growing on her foot.

Great... thanks for pulling me in too. :)

But I think I'm safe from Owl's wrath when she decides to go postal because I never pick on Owl and indulge her ever shifting curiosity.

Sadly, I still post from that very secure world I like to call anonymity.

Maxheadroom knows my real name, though, and one person is more than enough to keep me in check.

[light bulb goes off]

I just heard the recent news, and I think it will solve all of our problems.

Ari Fleischer, the President's press secretary, will be resigning this summer.

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong), OwlMyste would be an EXCELLENT replacement for Ari.

She knows her politics, and she's well-suited to speak about things with which she has NO EXPERTISE.

This may be perfect.

She could easily handle the press with her "quick wit."

"No Wolff, you're below ME... By the way, you're rubber, I'm glue..."

"Whatever, Helen Thomas, you're an old bag of bones...what? What did you just call me? Well, I know you are, but what am I..."

"Hey, Jim Angle, PM me and I'll tell you the real reason I'm not answering your question..."

etc....etc....

This thread is hilarious. :laugh:

Good to see you're still lurking, GI Guy. I'll miss your lounge-time. No one tells a better "Neurologists are idiots" story than you. Hope that all's well as you make the move. I just came back from the ball game with JW, CH, & MW. Good to see a win, unlike last week.

Keep truckin', Owl. All of us new MDs have a few weeks to have fun with your next line of questioning.

To quowe Owl:
I turn 20 on december 28.......I don't know whether my being 20 then would earn me any respect from SDN, Geek....

Well, Owl, perhaps it's time you realize that one does not gain respect from achieving a certain chronological age. One gains respect (or gains no respect) on the basis of one's behavour. And your behaviour, my dear, has from your first post on this forum, generally been that of a whining, spoiled. bratty teenager. Unless you reform you ways, you are unlikely to gain the respect you crave from this forum no matter what your age.

Originally posted by LSUMED2006
Yeah, and if the real pic wasn't hideous enough, she posted a pic in several forums of a fungus growing on her foot.

This coming from a college dropout? for all of you that don't know, it reads "college dropout" on his profile. I think I will not take any advice from someone who hasn't yet earned their Bachelor's Degree, and is a supposed med student...........

This coming from a college dropout? for all of you that don't know, it reads "college dropout" on his profile. I think I will not take any advice from someone who hasn't yet earned their Bachelor's Degree, and is a supposed med student...........

I'm sure LSUMED was being facetious.

Dear friends,

This thread has become contaminated. I'm afraid that there's

a fungus, among us......

SDN EXCLUSIVE.....OwlMyste's Foot:

img0031.jpg

That photo is from a University in Germany. Are you in Germany, OwlMyst?

Nemo

Break out the Tough Actin' Tinactin.

Nemo,

I got the impression that it was Denmark. Does "www.de" stand for Germany? Who knew?

Regardless, OwlMyste has achieved worldwide notoriety for her fungus.

Speaking of fungus.

A mushroom is complaining to his friends:

"I don't know why people don't like me. I'm a FUN-GUY"

Ahhh...the laughs keep on comin with that one.

GI:
de Indeed stands for deutschland/germany. Believe dk is the appropriate suffix for Denmark. Regardless, this is quite an interesting thread. Methinks the nocturnal bird of prey really isn't a young woman at all, perhaps an older individual.

Originally posted by Nemo
That photo is from a University in Germany. Are you in Germany, OwlMyst?

Nemo

no I was born in and have lived my entire life here in the USA.....

Originally posted by Imhotep
Regardless, this is quite an interesting thread. Methinks the nocturnal bird of prey really isn't a young woman at all, perhaps an older individual.

It is those that have gender identity issues themselves that make the habit of questioning others gender. I am in fact, FEMALE, 100%. some of you doctors just can't handle that.

Methinks that the implication was that you in fact may be an older woman as opposed to a young one; but your defense is a little too reactionary. Anything you want get off your chest?

Originally posted by CycloneDub
Methinks that the implication was that you in fact may be an older woman as opposed to a young one; but your defense is a little too reactionary. Anything you want get off your chest?

well, I am in fact 19. I am no younger than 19, and I am no older than 19. I turn 20 on December 28th. Some people here just don't seem to get that..........

well, I am in fact 19. I am no younger than 19, and I am no older than 19. I turn 20 on December 28th. Some people here just don't seem to get that..........

I think that is true. Some people just don't get it at all.

Originally posted by odoreater
....it is quite enjoyable to watch residents in all specialites go back and forth with a high school kid and at the same time it is quite pathetic (I'm looking at you womansurg and GI guy)..............
Now why can't you see the positive side of things? Think of all the enjoyment brought to so many lives.. you admit it yourself.

Truth is, like most people, I first picked on Owl because I was under the impression that 'she' was a probably-male, probably-older, very clever troll who was purposefully manipulating us for entertainment. And like most people, I've come to no longer believe that. But, as generalTso has pointed out
Originally posted by GeneralTso
If this is just a taste of what you're life is like in the real world, then i can understand why you keep coming to a forum for medical graduates looking for attention and some bizzare form of human interaction. Anyone else with a sense of self-esteem would dump this nick Owlmyste as a lost cause and post under another name if you just wanted to get and share info which is what this site is about.
She obviously derives some sort of odd masochistic pleasure from these interactions, as it would be so very simple on her part to make it all different. So it is a game that I, GIGuy, as well as many, many others - including Owl - continue to play, and apparently enjoy.

So, it feels good to be a savior, I realize. I'm just not sure that anyone here wants to be rescued.

Womansurg,

So, get this crap. I'm doin a little "OwlMyste" research online, and I decide to look up the word "dweeb..." because I think you called her a "dweeb" in a previous forum.

As you might imagine, OwlMyste's response was something unoriginal like, "Uh...what are you, like 3 years old?"

Anyway, so I'm lookin' up the word "Dweeb," and this is what I find:

A person regarded as socially inept or foolish, often on account of being overly studious

So, the socially inept and foolish thing I can see with OwlMyste, but overly studious (19 years old--almost 20--still in High School), I don't think so.

So I read further.

Turns out, there's a "Computer Lingo" definition of Dweeb:

An even lower form of life than the spod, found in much the
same habitat as the former. though more prevailent on talker
systems. Unlike spods, upon receiving the desired response
to the question "Are you male or female?", dweebs will then
engage upon a detailed description of themselves and how
wonderful they are, often in the hopes of truly impressing the
other with their "charm" and "wit". Nearly all dweebs are
male, but very few actually live up to the image that they
present. Dweebs, unfortunately, are often the cause of
ill-will, and may well bring a bad reputation to the system in
question. They are often, however, easy to wind up and can be
the source of great mirth to the seasoned user.

"Talker Systems" is like an online chat program or, something like SDN for instance.

A Spod (which I never heard of) means:

One who spends an inordinate amount of time exchanging remarks in computer chatrooms or participating in discussions in newsgroups or on bulletin boards.

Bingo!!!!

So, turns out, Womansurg was right on the money when she described OwlMyste as a "Dweeb."

Thought you might find this interesting.

My "resource" is primarily: http://www.dictionary.com

Especially remarkable, in that I don't think I have ever used the 'dweeb' before in my life. It just came to me, like in a dream.

O wow.

Originally posted by Future GI Guy
I got the impression that it was Denmark. Does "www.de" stand for Germany? Who knew?

Uh, yeah, dude. Like everyone knows that.

So how about this one? www.ch?

Technically, though, you should be older than 19 but younger than 20. You're not exactly 19 years of age since today is, in fact, NOT December 28th.

Originally posted by womansurg
Especially remarkable, in that I don't think I have ever used the 'dweeb' before in my life. It just came to me, like in a dream.

I read that's how Schroedinger came up with the idea for how electrons flow in molecular orbitals.

Or was it that the idea came to him as he was gearing up for a hot affair with his mistress? I forget.

So how was that physicist who came up with some stupid idea for something while he was dreaming about snakes chasing each other around?

Originally posted by Future GI Guy
Womansurg,

So, get this crap. I'm doin a little "OwlMyste" research online, and I decide to look up the word "dweeb..." because I think you called her a "dweeb" in a previous forum.

As you might imagine, OwlMyste's response was something unoriginal like, "Uh...what are you, like 3 years old?"

Anyway, so I'm lookin' up the word "Dweeb," and this is what I find:

A person regarded as socially inept or foolish, often on account of being overly studious

So, the socially inept and foolish thing I can see with OwlMyste, but overly studious (19 years old--almost 20--still in High School), I don't think so.

So I read further.

Turns out, there's a "Computer Lingo" definition of Dweeb:

An even lower form of life than the spod, found in much the
same habitat as the former. though more prevailent on talker
systems. Unlike spods, upon receiving the desired response
to the question "Are you male or female?", dweebs will then
engage upon a detailed description of themselves and how
wonderful they are, often in the hopes of truly impressing the
other with their "charm" and "wit". Nearly all dweebs are
male, but very few actually live up to the image that they
present. Dweebs, unfortunately, are often the cause of
ill-will, and may well bring a bad reputation to the system in
question. They are often, however, easy to wind up and can be
the source of great mirth to the seasoned user.

"Talker Systems" is like an online chat program or, something like SDN for instance.

A Spod (which I never heard of) means:

One who spends an inordinate amount of time exchanging remarks in computer chatrooms or participating in discussions in newsgroups or on bulletin boards.

Bingo!!!!

So, turns out, Womansurg was right on the money when she described OwlMyste as a "Dweeb."

Thought you might find this interesting.

My "resource" is primarily: http://www.dictionary.com

for your information Jackass, I will be graduating from High School on May 23.

you (and your wife) aren't not even worth the **** on the bottom of anyone's shoe......you obviously have too much time on your hands, and waste my time......I have a job to go that I just got. It is a volunteer job at a Wildlife Center. Yeah, I am helping out my community, as I have done before. But you're too busy caught up in yourself to try to make fun of others to make yourself somehow sickingly look better, which is in and of itself pathetic. It is you that truely have the problem. Have you volunteered at a wildlife center? more than likely not. Well let me tell you something....If you have not stared a live gator in the eyes, if you have not petted a cougar, or a male lion, If you have not stared death in the face as 1000+lbs of fury of a horse coming straight for you, If you haven't taken the time to nurse a sick duck back to health, then you, by far, haven't yet lived.

Technically, though, you should be older than 19 but younger than 20. You're not exactly 19 years of age since today is, in fact, NOT December 28th.

well you know what I mean!:p
:p smart ass :p

you (and your wife) aren't not even worth the **** on the bottom of anyone's shoe......you obviously have too much time on your hands, and waste my time......I have a job to go that I just got. It is a volunteer job at a Wildlife Center. Yeah, I am helping out my community, as I have done before. But you're too busy caught up in yourself to try to make fun of others to make yourself somehow sickingly look better, which is in and of itself pathetic. It is you that truely have the problem. Have you volunteered at a wildlife center? more than likely not. Well let me tell you something....If you have not stared a live gator in the eyes, if you have not petted a cougar, or a male lion, If you have not stared death in the face as 1000+lbs of fury of a horse coming straight for you, If you haven't taken the time to nurse a sick duck back to health, then you, by far, haven't yet lived.

YO! :eek:

Calm down. I think you may have a problem with anger management.

YO! :eek:

Calm down. I think you may have a problem with anger management.

well, if you were getting sliced and diced mercilessly like I am, then you would know how I feel........

If you have not stared a live gator in the eyes, if you have not petted a cougar, or a male lion, If you have not stared death in the face as 1000+lbs of fury of a horse coming straight for you, If you haven't taken the time to nurse a sick duck back to health, then you, by far,haven't yet lived.
Owl, am I like a live gator to you? Is that what this is? GIGuy is '1000+lbs of fury' coming straight at you?

It's all making sense.

Originally posted by womansurg
Owl, am I like a live gator to you? Is that what this is? GIGuy is '1000+lbs of fury' coming straight at you?

It's all making sense.

lol no...you're far from a gator to me...you and gi guy are harmless ducks. besides I think he would take insult to being referred to 1000+lbs of fury.....I was talking about the WILDLIFE I saw at the wildlife center.....(where my new job is at...)......not to mention past experiences I have had.......

If you haven't taken the time to nurse a sick duck back to health, then you, by far, haven't yet lived.

This about sums up every Owlmyste post I've ever read... You realize you are lecturing people who nurse ACTUAL PEOPLE back to health for a living, right? I think they've got you beat, your affinity for farm animals notwithstanding.

Wrigley

Originally posted by Wrigleyville
This about sums up every Owlmyste post I've ever read... You realize you are lecturing people who nurse ACTUAL PEOPLE back to health for a living, right? I think they've got you beat, your affinity for farm animals notwithstanding.

Wrigley

yeah, and they put in overloads of hours at work, miss valuable family time, and then come home and drink beers and such, and complain about how a bitch their day has been. Now tell me...is that the kind of people that you would want working on you, nursing you back to health???

Uh, yeah, dude. Like everyone knows that.

Timmy,

I don't exactly spend my time looking at German websites. I'm certain they have just as much to offer Americans as the German military does.

OwlMyste...you can yell at me all you want, and you can even bring my wife into it. She enjoys your posts just as much as the next guy.

I think you've probably made her day.

As for your barnyard friends, I'm certain you take this opportunity very seriously, since you've been so gung ho about animal medicine for so long.

What's it been, like 2 weeks now?

Most of us, Tim Wu, Max, Womansurg, we've spent a lifetime making ourselves worthy of even becoming a medical student. Now, with those two little letters behind our name, we actually have been entrusted by higher institutions and state medical boards to take care of people.

It is an awesome responsibility, and last time I checked, it WAS NOT on par with volunteering at a wildlife refuge.

Good luck with that. I hope the animals appreciate you more than we do.

GI Guy

well, if you were getting sliced and diced mercilessly like I am, then you would know how I feel........

I think if I were you, I would've quit while I was ahead a while ago and take some of the suggestions my seniors have passed on to me.

Man I'm gonna make a great intern! :)

yeah, and they put in overloads of hours at work, miss valuable family time, and then come home and drink beers and such, and complain about how a bitch their day has been. Now tell me...is that the kind of people that you would want working on you, nursing you back to health???

Physicians and surgeons put in these un-Godly hours because it's a job that they've come to care deeply for and respect a great deal (anesthesiologists, radiologists, and dermatologists notwithstanding -- but we love you guys anyway). Without tooting my own horn, it's probably the greatest and noblest job on the face of the earth.

Do we bitch? Yeah we bitch, but that comes with the burden of carrying human lives on your shoulders every day.

I would not want anyone BUT a physician or surgeon, the very people you describe, to nurse me back to health.

Dear OwlMyste,

May I suggest that since you are no longer planning on a career as a medical doctor (MD or DO) that you refrain from even looking at this forum or any others that don't relate to your immediate interests. Thus, you will avoid the ripping and flaming that you so vehemently disdain. If you refrain from posting you can be assured that you have established an SDN legacy heretofore unequaled. Please don't feel compelled to respond to this post.

:) :D :confused: :rolleyes: ;) :( :p :mad: :)