OUWB vs. NYMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OUWB vs. NYMC

• Total voters

pufferfish22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having trouble deciding between these two schools. Any input on the pros and cons would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Which one gives you more $$$ slash which one costs less after 4 years?

Members don't see this ad :)
Which one is closer to home?
Which one did you feel more at home at?
Do you like suburb life or urban life?
Which student body did you like more?
Would you prefer to practice in Michigan or NY? Both seem to have a tendency to match in home state.

Reactions: 1 user
Which one is closer to home?
Which one did you feel more at home at?
Do you like suburb life or urban life?
Which student body did you like more?
Would you prefer to practice in Michigan or NY? Both seem to have a tendency to match in home state.
Both are far from home, so that's not really such a consideration. In terms of location though I would rather be in New York.
Both campuses seem a little isolated.
The atmosphere at OUWB seems like a great and truly unique environment. I didn't get that same feel at NYMC but it could be that it's hard to judge from just one day there.

How is the learning environment at each school? Does anyone have any feedback on how well either school prepared them for STEP 1?

I'd recommend reaching out individually to students at each school and private messaging. It's going to be hard finding ppl who've been to both!

NYMC has a very good match list because they prepare students very well for STEP. Can't comment on OUWB. If you are from CA and hoping to return, NYMC may have more support for that since there are so many people from CA.

And the campus at NYMC is isolated, but the area is not at all. You can volunteer in Harlem every week if you want and you can hop on the bus that goes through campus to go to White Plains or ride down to Yonkers.

I actually think NYMC is a lot better than SDN makes it out to be. I just don't like driving and or the limited research opportunities on campus.

Neither school appears to be a bad choice though (but I know nothing about OUWB)

Edit: I am not a NYMC student, but was accepted there and may end up choosing it over some other "mid-tier" schools