Our boy Rex had all charges dropped

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrOwnage

Attending
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

In agreement for his testimony

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow.

"Meeker agreed to surrender his license in December 2021, after the state nursing board determined Meeker had an independent duty to call 911 regardless of what Kim wanted."

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow.

"Meeker agreed to surrender his license in December 2021, after the state nursing board determined Meeker had an independent duty to call 911 regardless of what Kim wanted."
Exactly this. Which makes it puzzling why he doesn’t get charged with something, even if he testified against the doc (of course he would). Btw, I don’t believe the nurse’s version of events one iota.

Reactions: 2 users
So there I was... delivering babies with one hand while inserting the epidural with the other and advocating for my patients with my third. Suddenly, my CRNA senses picked up on something... An ASA1 patient in a surgi-centre nearby...

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Not calling 911 was practicing at the middle of his license.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Should plaster this all over the places….. this is what you proceduralists sign up for, holding the malpractice bag, when your nurse fuked up.

Truth is somewhere in the middle, but zero accountability? That’s rough.

Prosecutor really wants to nail Kim and that means striking a deal with Rex. I get it. This sort of deal happens all the time in the courtrooms.

Rex committed the malpractice. He deserves to be stripped of his license and never allowed to harm anyone else. But Kim committed negligent homicide by obstructing and preventing help that Emmalyn needed.

Reactions: 2 users
im a bit confused, i thought CO is a opt out state. article says

"
Kim is accused of ordering his staff not to call 911 for more than five hours after Nguyen lost consciousness while undergoing a breast enhancement procedure." "The nurse anesthetist, who had worked alongside Kim for 10 years as an independent contractor, said Kim waited more than five hours before he finally agreed to let Meeker call 911."

but Kim isnt responsible for supervising Rex since its opt out state. They should be equally liable for not callling 911? And the nurse is an independent contractor.

Rex gave in his license to do anesthesia, but hes like 72 years old?

How can crna just say surgeon didnt let me call 911? Rex is an independent adult. State is opt out state. Surgeon can say that but if Rex followed, then hes an accomplice

This case should be posted in all the surgical forums i feel. ridiculous

Reactions: 4 users

"
Kim is accused of ordering his staff not to call 911 for more than five hours after Nguyen lost consciousness while undergoing a breast enhancement procedure." "The nurse anesthetist, who had worked alongside Kim for 10 years as an independent contractor, said Kim waited more than five hours before he finally agreed to let Meeker call 911."

but Kim isnt responsible for supervising Rex since its opt out state. They should be equally liable for not callling 911? And the nurse is an independent contractor.

How can crna just say surgeon didnt let me call 911? Rex is an independent adult. State is opt out state. Surgeon can say that but if Rex followed, then hes an accomplice

I'm guessing the DA or whoever wants a conviction and doesn't care about medical malpractice settlements.

Members don't see this ad :)
“Meeker was said to have been sued in 2009, after a woman sustained brain damage and died while undergoing breast implant surgery. Meeker was the nurse anesthetist in that case. It was settled in 2012.”

Good lord.

There is malpractice and there is criminal action

The cover up is always worst than the original action.

There is malpractice and there is criminal action

The cover up is always worst than the original action.
Seriously, if that idiot surgeon had done the right thing in the 2nd place (calling an ambulance and getting her transferred to an ED), he be settling the lawsuit instead of facing criminal chargers. If he had done the right thing in the first place, then he wouldn't have hired 007.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

"

Someone can correct me, but I thought a state's "opt-out" status refers only to whether the CRNA is legally allowed to bill Medicare directly, without being medically directed or medically supervised by a physician. What the CRNA is actually allowed to do, aside from that one aspect, is based on the bylaws of the facility.

Someone can correct me, but I thought a state's "opt-out" status refers only to whether the CRNA is legally allowed to bill Medicare directly, without being medically directed or medically supervised by a physician. What the CRNA is actually allowed to do, aside from that one aspect, is based on the bylaws of the facility.
Opt out has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

Reactions: 4 users

Dude got less jail time than I would imagine a charge such as this to carry. Ladies who steal diapers or makeup from a department store could reasonably spend more time in jail than this fella. Sick.

• Angry

Dude got less jail time than I would imagine a charge such as this to carry. Ladies who steal diapers or makeup from a department store could reasonably spend more time in jail than this fella. Sick.

This is not justice. He deserved years jn prison.

• Angry