OR Cases Dropping

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nycitygas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice a large reduction in elective cases the last week or so? We have been going full court press all year long but our OR schedules have slowed down considerable the last week and appear slow the next few weeks. One of our GI's told me his clinic is down 50% the last month.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else notice a large reduction in elective cases the last week or so? We have been going full court press all year long but our OR schedules have slowed down considerable the last week and appear slow the next few weeks. One of our GI's told me his clinic is down 50% the last month.
Summer vacation in full force.
Surgeons or patients are not available

Amazing right? Very simple

Reactions: 9 users

Same at my shop. Handful of surgeons taking some summer vacation with the family in any given week definitely lightens things up a bit.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Summer vacation in full force.
Surgeons or patients are not available

Amazing right? Very simple
Yup. Our system is planning on increasing the number of anesthetizing locations and expanding OR access on weekends and evenings.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users