General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Personal Statement Length

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OThereicome

Reaction score
I am really struggling with my personal statement and have like 3 versions. I am so confused on the length. The OTCAS website states "You are limited to approximately 1 page (7500 characters, including spaces)." Clearly 7500 characters is not 1 page so that makes no sense. I sent them an email and was told "please keep it max up to 1 and half pages." but a friend send a message also and they said just stick to the 7500 character limit but if I do 7500 characters single spaced it's 2 full pages. If I double space it becomes 3 1/2 page. Can anyone give any insight into how long the essay should be? Did you single space or double space?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am really struggling with my personal statement and have like 3 versions. I am so confused on the length. The OTCAS website states "You are limited to approximately 1 page (7500 characters, including spaces)." Clearly 7500 characters is not 1 page so that makes no sense. I sent them an email and was told "please keep it max up to 1 and half pages." but a friend send a message also and they said just stick to the 7500 character limit but if I do 7500 characters single spaced it's 2 full pages. If I double space it becomes 3 1/2 page. Can anyone give any insight into how long the essay should be? Did you single space or double space?
I am going through the same thing right now and decided to just use it at 1.5 instead of double spaced and it should come out to 2pgs max. I hope this helps.

I had one school that was very specific about the personal statement. The school wanted 2 pages double spaced max, so that's what I went with. I just wrote one personal statement and uploaded it to the main section. I would say try and keep it at 2 pages.