General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS experience help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h0pefully0T

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got a tutoring job but I haven't started working yet because I'm still waiting on confirmation about my tutoring schedule. I'm still in the process of being matched with a student and I'm hoping I'll start next week. Since I'm not sure about my schedule, should I bother to put this job in the experiences section? It does ask how many hours I've done, but since I haven't done any, should I just put the hours I WOULD be doing once my hours are confirmed? I do want to submit my app asap, but this question has been bugging me haha. Or should I not add it, submit my app, and add it later? Will the school be able to see this added entry after submission? Any advice would help!

Also, did any of you list your experiences in a certain order? Did you follow the OTCAS guideline definitions of whether to label something as "Clinical Experience/Internships," "Healthcare Experience," etc. I was a teacher assistant at a community college for a semester, however, the definitions states that I can't label it as a "teaching experience" if I received academic credit (which I did but it was 1 credit) - I don't know what else to label this since it doesn't exactly fit in any category. I didn't particularly teach - I did help students when they had questions, but I mostly helped with grading, set up, and cleaning. It wouldn't feel right to label it was volunteer. Part me just wants to use my own judgment and just label it was a "teaching experience." I could be making this a bigger deal than it has to be honestly.

Please let me know what you guys think and any advice would be great! Thanks =)

Members don't see this ad.

If it were me, I would add the experience after you've begun. They will see it as just a regular part of your application when they review it.