General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2019-2020 MOT Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you heard anything back yet? What stage of the process are you in? I did the zoom interview a week ago, but am just waiting to hear back!

I just did the interview Friday and the woman told me at the end before we were done they would be in touch soon so I hope soon means like 1 week! Have you heard yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied in October and I still have not heard back from Midwestern Downers grove. I mean I guess it’s good that I haven’t been rejected lol but it still says under consideration.

Same here. I applied to both Midwestern IL and AZ but have not heard of an interview invitation yet. Midwestern AZ placed my application on hold for a potential interview.

I applied in October and I still have not heard back from Midwestern Downers grove. I mean I guess it’s good that I haven’t been rejected lol but it still says under consideration.
Their admissions process is slow from what I've heard. Also where are you seeing your status that is says "under consideration"? Is that on the applicant portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Their admissions process is slow from what I've heard. Also where are you seeing your status that is says "under consideration"? Is that on the applicant portal?
I'm not sure! Isn't it on OTCAS? I haven't really been able to see anything about updates since I interviewed... maybe I'm just confused haha

No same here. I just logged back into the student portal (that I used to schedule my interview) and it doesn't say anything. And OTCAS doesn't say anything either. I guess I just have to rely on mail/email haha
Are you referring to Lenoir Rhyne? They just told me when my interview was, I didn't get to schedule it!

@melsztle, Did you apply to the MSOT or OTD? I just received an email from WCU that my requirements have been met and I am a qualified candidate, but they are still in the works of selecting candidates for interviews so I haven't gotten one yet!

Hi! Just curious to know when you submitted your application to WCU? I received an email notification that my application was in queue.

Oh it’s not in the portal. I emailed admissions and they told me my application is still under consideration

Same here. I applied to both Midwestern IL and AZ but have not heard of an interview invitation yet. Midwestern AZ placed my application on hold for a potential interview.
I had an interview at Midwestern AZ back in December and was told I was going to hear back feb 8th and I still have not heard back.

Has anyone else been invited to the interview for Oregon? (Pacific University)

Hi! Just curious to know when you submitted your application to WCU? I received an email notification that my application was in queue.

Hey Allison,
I submitted my application to WCU on 1/26 or 1/27 and submitted my supplemental application before 1/31 and received my email saying that I’ve met the admission requirements, but it wasn’t an interview date. I haven’t found anyone here who has already gotten an OTD interview? So I’m curious if they just are doing OTD interviews later? When did you apply?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

If anyone applied to Maryville in STL, I was told they hope to have admit decisions out by the end of this week!

Has anyone heard from Pace University, or had an interview with them? I have an interview on March 5th and curious about what to expect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from USC after being invited for Phase 2? Or do you guys know when the admissions team will be letting us know about final decisions?

Has anyone heard back from USC after being invited for Phase 2? Or do you guys know when the admissions team will be letting us know about final decisions?

I have not heard anything! I received an email stating they needed additional stuff to process my financial aid. Did you also receive this email?

Did anyone else receive an email from USC stating that they needed additional information and documents for your financial aid? I have not received a decision status yet so I am confused.

I have
Did anyone else receive an email from USC stating that they needed additional information and documents for your financial aid? I have not received a decision status yet so I am confused.

I have not received that email. When was it sent?

I was just accepted this morning at Nebraska Methodist College. I declined this morning! Good luck everyone

I have not heard anything! I received an email stating they needed additional stuff to process my financial aid. Did you also receive this email?

No I haven't received an email about financial aid.

Anyone hear back from Stanbridge after submitting your OTCAS? If so, how long did it take? Or did you have to contact them directly to ask if your application has been received?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just heard back from Midwestern AZ! Did anyone else get a call today?

Has anybody heard anything from UW ??

I believe they won't let us know until first week of March. That is when I got notice last year of my rejection. Hopefully second time is the charm. :)

Good luck!

I believe they won't let us know until first week of March. That is when I got notice last year of my rejection. Hopefully second time is the charm. :)

Good luck!
Ah shucks ok haha. Thank you!! the waiting game sucks haha.. I got into a school but I'm hesitant to commit without knowing where i stand with the other schools.. Ah round 2! rooting for you, good luck!! :)

I got an email for a Skype/Zoom interview but I am confused because I thought they do in person interviews?
Oh that is odd, I thought they were in person interviews too. An invite is better than no invite! I just received an email, I didn't get an interview. Best of luck to you!

Hey Allison,
I submitted my application to WCU on 1/26 or 1/27 and submitted my supplemental application before 1/31 and received my email saying that I’ve met the admission requirements, but it wasn’t an interview date. I haven’t found anyone here who has already gotten an OTD interview? So I’m curious if they just are doing OTD interviews later? When did you apply?

I applied 1/13! So I am aware that the February interview date has both MSOT and OTD candidates, but I'm not sure if the March date is both as well. Did you apply to both programs, or only OTD? I am so curious to know what their process is for reviewing/selecting interviews haha - like does the program(s) you apply to determine your interview date or review process, etc.? This waiting game has me formulating different explanations and thoughts :oops:

I did as well!! Congrats!! Just waiting for the email to make it really official - hope they send it soon!!
Congratulations! I checked the portal and if you under accept material or check list I forgot what it says exactly you can see all the things they require.

Oh that is odd, I thought they were in person interviews too. An invite is better than no invite! I just received an email, I didn't get an interview. Best of luck to you!
Thank you!

UPDATED:

This is my second time applying. Below are my stats!

University: UC Irvine
Major: Public Health Sciences
Minor: Accounting
Overall GPA: 3.38 (according to OTCAS this is including Post Bac)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.71-3.80 Depending on School
GRE: V: 155 Q: 149 W: 4 (Not my strong suit)

Volunteer Hours
-80 Research Lab (Shadowing OT)
-100 Neurofeedback Tech (During Undergrad Practicum)
-121 Pediatric Clinic
-25 Animal Assisted Therapy
-112 Hand Therapy Clinic

Applying to: UW, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), SJSU, University of New England, Stanbridge
Interview: St Augustine (11/12), UNE (12/6-Declined), Stanbridge (2/7)
Acceptance: St. Augustine (11/18), Stanbridge (2/14)
Decline: Stanbridge (I felt University of St. Augustine was a better fit for me)

UPDATED:

This is my second time applying. Below are my stats!

University: UC Irvine
Major: Public Health Sciences
Minor: Accounting
Overall GPA: 3.38 (according to OTCAS this is including Post Bac)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.71-3.80 Depending on School
GRE: V: 155 Q: 149 W: 4 (Not my strong suit)

Volunteer Hours
-80 Research Lab (Shadowing OT)
-100 Neurofeedback Tech (During Undergrad Practicum)
-121 Pediatric Clinic
-25 Animal Assisted Therapy
-112 Hand Therapy Clinic

Applying to: UW, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), SJSU, University of New England, Stanbridge
Interview: St Augustine (11/12), UNE (12/6-Declined), Stanbridge (2/7)
Acceptance: St. Augustine (11/18), Stanbridge (2/14)
Decline: Stanbridge (I felt University of St. Augustine was a better fit for me)
Congrats again! Did you apply to the same schools first time around?

Congrats again! Did you apply to the same schools first time around?

First time around I applied only to CSU, UW and USC. Since I did not get enough volunteer hours and could not get letter of recs from OTs, I could only get letters from my work.

I think that significantly lowered my chances and I know my GRE and GPA aren't exactly the highest. So I took some time off to work on my Pre Req GPA and retake certain classes to make sure I get an A.

Also, I think retaking my GRE also helped a ton. My writing score the first time around was 3.5 so with a 4, I am sure it better my chances. :)

Diversifying my volunteer areas also helped as well.

First time around I applied only to CSU, UW and USC. Since I did not get enough volunteer hours and could not get letter of recs from OTs, I could only get letters from my work.

I think that significantly lowered my chances and I know my GRE and GPA aren't exactly the highest. So I took some time off to work on my Pre Req GPA and retake certain classes to make sure I get an A.

Also, I think retaking my GRE also helped a ton. My writing score the first time around was 3.5 so with a 4, I am sure it better my chances. :)

Diversifying my volunteer areas also helped as well.
Wow! That's great progress! Your hard work has paid off! Thank you for sharing!

Wow! That's great progress! Your hard work has paid off! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you and happy to do so! I remember how nice everyone was to me the first time around, which inspired me to try again. I would like to do the same second time around. :)

Does anyone have any input on NYU vs. Downstate? I’m struggling to decide between the two.

Congratulations! I checked the portal and if you under accept material or check list I forgot what it says exactly you can see all the things they require.
Thank you! I see it now - Thanks!

I applied 1/13! So I am aware that the February interview date has both MSOT and OTD candidates, but I'm not sure if the March date is both as well. Did you apply to both programs, or only OTD? I am so curious to know what their process is for reviewing/selecting interviews haha - like does the program(s) you apply to determine your interview date or review process, etc.? This waiting game has me formulating different explanations and thoughts :oops:

I got the Feb interview date and I only applied to the OTD program :) Don’t stress out too much about that and just have fun haha. I wish you the best!!

Yes! Do you plan on accepting their offer?
I'm not sure. I already put a deposit down at another school, and I don't know much about Maryville. I'm going to try to visit sometime this week before acceptances are due!
What about you??

Anyone hear back from Stanbridge after submitting your OTCAS? If so, how long did it take? Or did you have to contact them directly to ask if your application has been received?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I called the school about 4 weeks after my application had been verified through OTCAS, when I called they said they were unable to find my application but they would get in contact with OTCAS. About a week or two later I got a call that they had found my application and was invited for an interview! I would definitely call and follow up if it has been a while since you submitted your application and haven't heard back yet