General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2019-2020 MOT Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything from UIC?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
My friend got accepted back in November, I personally haven't heard anything though. The only timeline info they have is that everyone will know by March 15

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just decided I am planning on attending Drake University’s OTD program starting in the fall! anyone else going to as well?

Does anyone have advice for Elmhurst interview
?

Hey guys! I need some quick help. Last week I started a new job as a RBT and through my company I will be getting my RBT certification. I definitely want to add this to my OTCAS applications and update it because the job is very relevant to OT, but I haven't gotten my certification yet... still waiting to take the exam. Do you guys recommend waiting to take the exam before updating OTCAS or just to go ahead and put it in my applications? Not sure when I'll be taking the exam it could be weeks from now! Thanks!

Has anyone applied to Findlay’s OTD or MOT weekend program?? I also applied to ketterings program. I already had my interview for Findlay and got placed on the alternate list. I also have my interview for kettering next Friday and I’m not sure what to expect!

For anyone who has been accepted and put their deposit down for Temple university, have you received any additional information regarding the dates of orientation or the first day of class?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, one of my programs is asking "Does your academic record accurately reflect your capabilities? If no, please explain." When I first took Anatomy and Physiology I and II, I did poorly (D/C grades, although I hate to blame the professor, she was insanely difficult - I would of course never mention this in an essay or to admission programs). When I retook it at a community college a year later, I got an A in both semesters. My professor also ended up writing one of my letter of recommendations! Anyway, is this worth explaining/how should I explain this? Or should I leave it blank?

Hey guys, one of my programs is asking "Does your academic record accurately reflect your capabilities? If no, please explain." When I first took Anatomy and Physiology I and II, I did poorly (D/C grades, although I hate to blame the professor, she was insanely difficult - I would of course never mention this in an essay or to admission programs). When I retook it at a community college a year later, I got an A in both semesters. My professor also ended up writing one of my letter of recommendations! Anyway, is this worth explaining/how should I explain this? Or should I leave it blank?

I definitely think you should explain this as Anatomy and Physiology is a core Pre-req for most programs. I am pretty sure most programs will see this as a good thing as you made a significant improvement. Just my opinion :)

I think it is worth it to explain! Do your best not to bash your old professor but explain once you were given the necessary tools and help that you were able to succeed.

For anyone who has been accepted and put their deposit down for Temple university, have you received any additional information regarding the dates of orientation or the first day of class?

Thanks in advance!
I just decided I am planning on attending Drake University’s OTD program starting in the fall! anyone else going to as well?
Has anyone applied to Findlay’s OTD or MOT weekend program?? I also applied to ketterings program. I already had my interview for Findlay and got placed on the alternate list. I also have my interview for kettering next Friday and I’m not sure what to expect!

I also am on Findlay’s alternative list and am interviewing at Kettering next week. Hoping to hear back from Findlay soon!

Hello!

Has anyone who got accepted to the OT program for USC heard about something called "Phase II"? Also, would anyone who got accepted recently mind sharing when they submitted? Was it through early admission?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

Has anyone who got accepted to the OT program for USC heard about something called "Phase II"? Also, would anyone who got accepted recently mind sharing when they submitted? Was it through early admission?

I was accepted on December 19th. I applied on November 11th. I had indeed heard about phase 2 but for whatever reason, I was accepted without being asked to do it. My understanding of phase 2 is that they’ll send a question that you have to answer via a 1 minute video response. Prior to getting accepted, I asked about it and they said they were hoping to reach out to all applicants by mid January about phase 2.

I also am on Findlay’s alternative list and am interviewing at Kettering next week. Hoping to hear back from Findlay soon!
I am hoping that we hear back soon. Did you apply to Findlay’s MOT weekend as well?

I have been accepted at SUNY Downstate, Temple, and Pitt thus far (still waiting on NYU and Columbia but won't hear back until late Feb/March) and I am very unsure of where to accept. I'd love to hear some thoughts from anyone who will be attending any of these programs/ anyone who currently is in any of these programs. Thanks :)

I definitely think you should explain this as Anatomy and Physiology is a core Pre-req for most programs. I am pretty sure most programs will see this as a good thing as you made a significant improvement. Just my opinion :)
I'm going to go ahead and do it, thank you so much for your help :)

I think it is worth it to explain! Do your best not to bash your old professor but explain once you were given the necessary tools and help that you were able to succeed.
yes of course!! thank you so much for your help!

Anyone receive an interview invitation to Pace university? Has anyone heard about this program?

Thanks in advance!
Not yet! I placed my deposit and just got an email confirming. I think the first day of class is June 23

Anyone receive an interview invitation to Pace university? Has anyone heard about this program?

Hello! I received an interview for late Jan but will be declining it because I already got accepted to my top choice! Good luck.

Has anyone heard from SMU? They were suppose to send out decisions yesterday

I have not heard from PACE. I applied in early December. Did you receive an interview?
Yes, I did receive an interview last week. But I cannot go to it because I am still in my undergrad and have classes during the day. I applied in October so maybe it is in chronological order!

This was my first time applying! I graduated Undergrad in May. I decided on Brenau University. It is closest to home, and is well respected in the OT communtiy, especially in the Southeast. Here were my stats:

Applied: Brenau University, Georgia State, Wingate University, Emory & Henry, Medical University of SC, Milligan College, Mary Baldwin University

Interviews: Wingate (Oct. 26), Brenau (11/30), Georgia State (12/3), Mary Baldwin (Declined), Medical University of SC (1/29), Milligan College (2/22), Emory & Henry University

Acceptances: Brenau University, Wingate University

Waitlist: Wingate, Georgia State, Brenau University, Medical University of SC, Milligan College, Emory & Henry University

Rejections: Georgia State after waitlist filled up

------------------------------------------------------------

University: University of North Georgia

Major: Kinesiology

Graduated: May 2019

Overall GPA undergrad: 3.61

Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.4 Depending on Requirements for Schools

GRE: 149Q, 145Q, 4.0AW

Applying to: Georgia State, Brenau, MUSC, Wingate, Mary Baldwin, Emory & Henry

Observation Hours

10 Inpatient: Cardiovascular, Oncology, ICU

18 Inpatient: Neuro

268 Outpatient Pediatrics (Summer intern)

28 Skilled Nursing/Geriatric

1200+ Working as a Unit Secretary at a Skilled Nursing Facility

Extras:

40 hours in as an assistant Autism Feeding Disorder research study

President of UNG Occupational Therapy Club

Member of 2 National Honor Societies- Lambda Theta Alpha, Mu Epsilon Delta

Member of Kinesiology Club, Medical Outreach club

Dean's list x 6 semesters

Letters of Rec:

OT Supervisor at Pediatric Clinic I interned at

OT I shadowed at the SNF that I work at

A professor who served on the PT board at my school, whom I have also taken classes with
Hi there! Curious to know if you interviewed at GSU and when you heard back? I had an interview on January 10th and I know that was the last round of interviews. Just curious what you meant when you said rejections after GSU waitlist filled up? Thanks!

Hi there! Curious to know if you interviewed at GSU and when you heard back? I had an interview on January 10th and I know that was the last round of interviews. Just curious what you meant when you said rejections after GSU waitlist filled up? Thanks!

Hey! I found out that I was waitlisted about 3 weeks after my interview. About 1.5 months of being waitlisted they filled up their cohort and denied the rest of us on the waitlist!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey! I found out that I was waitlisted about 3 weeks after my interview. About 1.5 months of being waitlisted they filled up their cohort and denied the rest of us on the waitlist!

Thanks so much for your response! That is interesting. You applied for the cohort beginning in 2020 correct? It's odd that they would continue to do interviews if they had denied a waitlist group.You said you interviewed on December 3rd?

I was just accepted off the waitlist for Indiana State! I will be accepting, but if I have an acceptance from Carroll University - this is where I would attend. I am currently highly ranked (according to the academic counselor) at Carroll on their waitlist.

I just got invited to interview at Dominican University of California!! Anyone else?!

Omg when did u get an email?
I got it about an hour ago, the interview dates are Feb 7th and 8th. I wasn’t expecting to hear from them so soon, their website says they would notify of interviews the first week of Feb!

Does anyone know how Many applicants they admit at Dominican? I’m trying to find out on their website but I’m not seeing.

Thanks so much for your response! That is interesting. You applied for the cohort beginning in 2020 correct? It's odd that they would continue to do interviews if they had denied a waitlist group.You said you interviewed on December 3rd?

I applied for last years cohort that started in 2019! They were done with interviews at the time of me being on the waitlist

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker for a few years but now that I've actually applied I'm so nervous about hearing back!!

University: CU Colorado Springs
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.65
Last 60 credit hour GPA: 3.57 :(
Post-Baccalaureate: 4.0
GRE: Quant: 156, Qual: 156, A: 4.0

Extra-Curric: Alpha Lambda Delta (First-year honors society), Worked as Speech Language Pathology Aide/Receptionist at an outpatient pediatric clinic for 2 years, barista for 2 years, Chancellor's Award (award for first-year college success), Dean's List one semester, First-Aide/CPR/AED Certification, HIPAA Certification

Shadowing: TA, observed at a pediatric outpatient clinic (48 hrs), Acute Rehab observation (24 hrs), Post-Acute Rehab Center (21 hrs), Skilled Nursing Facility (21 hrs)

Recommendation Letters: Anatomy Professor I TA'd for, an OT that I shadowed for 48 hours, and my supervisor at my Speech Therapy Aide job

Volunteer: Human Anatomy Lab, 7 Cups (online "listening" service), Smithsonian Digital Volunteer (transcribing documents and audio logs), and my local Action Center (A grocery store that is free of charge)

Applied: Eastern Washington University, Colorado State University, Davenport University, University of Washington, Carroll University

Waitlisted: Carroll University

Rejected: Eastern Washington

I worked really hard on my personal statement and essays, I went to several tutors at my school who were in grad school and just had lots of eyeballs to look at them. I would really like to know my likelihood that I'll get off the waitlist for Carroll or how people's stats were to get accepted into these schools. I'm reallllyyy hoping I won't have to wait until next round. Thank you for your time!! Hopefully I'll be classmates with some of you!

The only program we both applied to was Carroll university. I’ll post my stats if you’re curious.

ere are my stats:

Major: Human Development

Minor: Psychology

GPA: 3.85

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

GRE: verbal 150, quantitative 153

Extracurricular: Phi Eta Sigma (honors society)

Work experience: childcare 4 years, nanny 6 months, children’s tennis coach

Volunteer experience: 25 hours front desk hospital volunteer, 35 hours camp for individuals with disabilities, 15 hours ESL tutor, 100 hours special olympics

Observation experience: 200 hours VA hospital, 100 hours nursing facility, 20 hours Peds clinic, 40 hours PT and OT rehabilitation clinic

I was accepted at Carroll December 20 and I’ve seen some others on this thread accepted January 3 and a friend accepted Dec 19 so I think they’ve already sent out a few rounds of acceptances. However, this is the first school I’ve heard back from so I’m sure there are others that could still be waiting to hear back from their top schools. I would stay positive because you could easily be accepted off the waitlist until March or later when others are still making decisions on their programs. I’m sending good vibes your way as you wait to hear back from your programs!!

Thank you!! That's encouraging. Thanks for sharing, I see why you got in :) Congrats!

I was just accepted off the waitlist for Indiana State! I will be accepting, but if I have an acceptance from Carroll University - this is where I would attend. I am currently highly ranked (according to the academic counselor) at Carroll on their waitlist.
Congrats, that's awesome! I'm also waitlisted at Carroll. Do they give specific rankings of the waitlist? Or did you just ask and they gave you a general idea?

Anyone else get an invite for phase two for USC?

Just got accepted Carroll - honestly really unsure about what program I want to go to now. I really liked Indiana State but I loved Carroll! But Indiana State has less expensive in state tuition. Now I’m just all confused

Congrats, that's awesome! I'm also waitlisted at Carroll. Do they give specific rankings of the waitlist? Or did you just ask and they gave you a general idea?

They put in bold letters of my waitlist letter that I am “very highly ranked on the waitlist.” I guess it’s true because I just got in!

Does anyone know when we will hear back from Elmhurst College?

I got invited to do phase 2 for USC. As I move farther in the process, I am starting to wonder if the tuition is worth it? I am not sure if going into 140k debt is the smartest thing to do, even though I love USC and their program. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice about high tuition/ if it is worth it?