General Admissions & OTCAS OT Texas schools 2015 entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, I got my email from Liza saying that my app was complete at the end of September. Maybe a week or two after I submitted my app. I have yet to hear anything back from them about interviews or rejection. Who knows? At this rate, you and I could hear back at the same time.

Members don't see this ad.

I was contacted by an advisor last week and received an interview invitation yesterday! I was worried that I was never going to hear from TTU but I am so happy to have an interview now!

I was contacted by an advisor last week and received an interview invitation yesterday! I was worried that I was never going to hear from TTU but I am so happy to have an interview now!

Congrats on your interview! But what did the advisor contact you about?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else that applied more towards the deadline hear anything from Tech yet?

Has anyone else that applied more towards the deadline hear anything from Tech yet?
I applied just before the deadline. Like I said earlier, I was getting worried that I had not heard anything. I called them last week to ask about the timeline. They checked on my application and said it had not been reviewed yet. But, a couple days later I received the e-mail from an advisor! I'm not sure but calling may have helped. It wouldn't hurt to call and check up on your application to make sure they have it and can give you some info about the status of everything! I hope you all hear back soon.

I applied just before the deadline. Like I said earlier, I was getting worried that I had not heard anything. I called them last week to ask about the timeline. They checked on my application and said it had not been reviewed yet. But, a couple days later I received the e-mail from an advisor! I'm not sure but calling may have helped. It wouldn't hurt to call and check up on your application to make sure they have it and can give you some info about the status of everything! I hope you all hear back soon.

Thank you for your response! Did you call the allied health office?

I submitted my application to TTUHSC right before the early admission deadline. I received my interview invitation about a week ago.

Last edited:
I submitted my application to TTUHSC right before the early admission deadline. I received my interview invitation about a week ago.

Congrats! When will you be interviewing?

I called today. I submitted my application the last week of September & the status of my application is "awaiting review."

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to TWU, and I have turned in most of my stuff (transcripts, recommendations etc.) for Texas Tech but haven't completed the online application (that essay!). I know the last deadline is December, so I assume if I complete my application before then they still will offer interviews if they have open spots left at that time? I know I'm so behind the game. Texas Tech is my back up for TWU Dallas, so it was more of a last minute venture :)

Hello everyone!
quick question about the kines/physics class required by UTMB. Can it be any kinesiology course? Or specifically like a human movement-the four year institution I'm looking at calls it motor learning...I'm guessing that's okay?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks!

Hello everyone!
quick question about the kines/physics class required by UTMB. Can it be any kinesiology course? Or specifically like a human movement-the four year institution I'm looking at calls it motor learning...I'm guessing that's okay?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks!

Hi,

My school calls a class that is equivalent to neurophysiology "Motor Control & Learning" it is a Kinesiology course. My professor says it is a "neurophysiology" course just our university calls it something different. If they have an issue have your professor provide a letter and attach a course syllabus. That is what I did!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there!! So I was just e-mailed by Texas Tech notifying me that I was accepted for admission! Has anyone else been accepted yet?!
Devin,
Do you have any advice for the interview process? I have one this Saturday? How was it? Did it take the whole 4 hours?

YAY congrats to you, as well! I did accept the admissions offer :) I was really surprised to hear back from them so soon; it was only 3 days after my interview!
Hi,

Just curious about your stats for Tech?

I know how you guys are feeling I was in the same position. I was accepted to UTHSCSA and I am almost done with my second semester, if you have any questions or need positive advice just let me know. I rarely check this btw but I will try my best to respond. Don't stress be blessed.

Hi,

Just curious about your stats for Tech?

Hi! I did my interview with Tech via video/phone and it was actually very comfortable and relaxed! The interview took around 45 minutes or so to complete, including time for me to ask the interviewers any questions I had. It started with them telling me about the program. Next, I was asked about 4 or 5 questions during the interview from a current student and two faculty members. As far as advice.. I would say just be sure to know why you want to become an OT and why you think you would be great at it! Also, be sure you are able to accurate define and describe what an OT does. Be confident, make sure they know you are prepared and excited for graduate school, and be conversational during your interview (interpersonal skills are key for OTs!) Good luck :)

My stats:
Last 60 GPA: 3.98
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
Overall GPA: 3.8
Observation hours: 45

Reactions: 1 users
Does everyone who has applied to multiple schools mind saying their rankings of schools they've applied to? (first choice, second choice, etc...) thanks!

I know how you guys are feeling I was in the same position. I was accepted to UTHSCSA and I am almost done with my second semester, if you have any questions or need positive advice just let me know. I rarely check this btw but I will try my best to respond. Don't stress be blessed.

Hi! Thank you for your post! I was wondering if you could share the stats you applied with :)

Hi! I did my interview with Tech via video/phone and it was actually very comfortable and relaxed! The interview took around 45 minutes or so to complete, including time for me to ask the interviewers any questions I had. It started with them telling me about the program. Next, I was asked about 4 or 5 questions during the interview from a current student and two faculty members. As far as advice.. I would say just be sure to know why you want to become an OT and why you think you would be great at it! Also, be sure you are able to accurate define and describe what an OT does. Be confident, make sure they know you are prepared and excited for graduate school, and be conversational during your interview (interpersonal skills are key for OTs!) Good luck :)

My stats:
Last 60 GPA: 3.98
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
Overall GPA: 3.8
Observation hours: 45

Thank you! I appreciate your advice :)

I applied to both UTSAHSC and TWU and finally got a letter in the mail from UT for an interview for December 15th. Yay! Nothing back from TWU yet

Completed UTMB and TTU interviews within the last 2 weeks. Now the true waiting game begins! :happy:

Anyone else apply to University of St. Augustine in Austin? I applied and just received an e-mail inviting me to an interview next month. I am nervous about them not having their full accredidation yet, although I'm sure they will get it...well that and the price. lol

I had my interview with TTUHSC last Friday, and was notified yesterday that I was accepted!
Wooo!

Hi! I received an invite for UTHSCSA's interview and I'm stoked. But nervous. Any advice on how to prepare? How is the whole 3 hr process? Should we bring anything (resume, paper to jot notes)?

Thanks!!!

I had my interview with TTUHSC last Friday, and was notified yesterday that I was accepted!
Wooo!
Hey,

Congratulations! When did you turn in your application? Also, when and how did you hear about the interview ? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know because I applied to and I haven't heard back yet. Thanks

Hi! I received an invite for UTHSCSA's interview and I'm stoked. But nervous. Any advice on how to prepare? How is the whole 3 hr process? Should we bring anything (resume, paper to jot notes)?

Thanks!!!
Congratulations! When did you hear from UTHSCSA? Also, when did you turn in your application?

Congratulations! When did you hear from UTHSCSA? Also, when did you turn in your application?
Thanks!!! I received their letter in the mail on Nov 17, but their letter was dated Nov 14. I turned in my apps really early, like in mid Sept (maybe that's why I heard back from them early?). I'm also still finishing one prereq this semester (KIN).

Hey,

Congratulations! When did you turn in your application? Also, when and how did you hear about the interview ? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know because I applied to and I haven't heard back yet. Thanks

I know this wasn't directed to me, but I figured I could help. I turned in my application around the end of August. I was notified in early October via e-mail that my interview would be held late November. I was given the option for phone interview or on campus.

Hey,

Thanks!
I basically had the same experience as breezy. I submitted my application pretty close to the early admission deadline of October 1st, and received an email in late October inviting me to either an onsite or phone interview in late November.

It seems like they took around a month to send out the interview emails for both of us.
We both submitted our applications prior to the early admission deadline of October 1st though; it wouldn't surprise me if things were different during the traditional application period.

Last edited:
I am wait-listed at TTU and have not yet heard back from UTMB. So nervous! Anyone else waiting on these schools?

FYI, for those that are waiting on UTMB, they are going to let you know more than likely right before Christmas (Literally). We are about to start finals so I am sure it's not going to be anytime soon. :)

I have an interview with UTHSCSA on December 15th as well. Super excited I wonder how many interview sessions there are and how many students are accepted each interview session.

I know we should be hearing back from UTMB around the 23rd, but the wait is killing me!

For those of you who will be interviewing at UTHSCSA, I would recommend bringing plenty of quarters for the parking lot meters. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you on Monday!

Hi everyone! Just joined this thread today. I have officially been waitlisted at UTMB and I was curious if anyone knew how many people were placed on the wait list this year. Is it just everyone who interviewed and weren't accepted?

Welcome to the thread! Oh my, you already found out? I have no idea about how the wait list works, I'm just nervously awaiting their response. Do you know when you received your email?

I got word today at about 1:30 that I am accepted into UTMB! :)

I also got an email around 1:00 with an acceptance to UTMB. :)

Me too! Congrats everyone! Wishing all of you out there the best!

I got accepted to UTMB as well, but I will be turning it down since I got accepted to Texas Tech, so this will free up a spot for someone that was wait listed. Good luck everyone!!

Hi, I was just wondering if there are others who have not heard anything back from UTHSCSA? I emailed a few days ago and the reply I got was that all interview invitations have been sent out for this cycle.

Hi everyone! Just joined this thread today. I have officially been waitlisted at UTMB and I was curious if anyone knew how many people were placed on the wait list this year. Is it just everyone who interviewed and weren't accepted?
Hi! I to was waitlisted at UTMB. I think they took 60 and put 40 of us on the waitlist. They interviewed like 130 I think?