General Admissions & OTCAS OT Texas schools 2015 entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Terrisej

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to TWU this year for the first time with my first choice being Houston and Dallas as my second choice. I also applied to UTHSCSA. Does anyone happen to know if they also just look at the last 60 hours? My last 60 are significantly better than my 3.5 overall gpa.

My stats are:
Last 60 GPA : 3.9
Pre Req GPA: 4.0
Observations hours: 100

My fingers are crossed!! If you don't mind, post your stats and updates about acceptances/ notifications.

Thanks and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!! This is my second time applying. I applied to Texas Tech, TWU, and UTMB

My Stats are not that great, but I'll hope for the best. :)

Last 60 GPA: 3.56
Pre-req GPA (Vary between grad schools): 3.47-3.7
Overall GPA: 3.38
Observation hours: More than enough!

*Fingers Crossed*

Good luck to everyone that is applying or has applied already! I know it is very stressful choosing schools and going through the application process. I got wait listed for UTMB fall 2014 and I ended up getting in! Don't lose hope if everything doesn't work out the way you want it to right away!

Ps. I love UTMB so far. The program is very fast; however, my classmates and professors are so nice and helpful. I know I am truly going to enjoy my duration in Galveston. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone that is applying or has applied already! I know it is very stressful choosing schools and going through the application process. I got wait listed for UTMB fall 2014 and I ended up getting in! Don't lose hope if everything doesn't work out the way you want it to right away!

Ps. I love UTMB so far. The program is very fast; however, my classmates and professors are so nice and helpful. I know I am truly going to enjoy my duration in Galveston. :)

Hey Paige! I was wondering what was your overall Gpa/prerequisites gpa?

For anyone else who applied to UTMB in Galveston:

It is okay that "Final Transcript" is still listed on the to-do list, correct? My application is "incomplete" because of the final transcript, but I wanted to confirm that I just need to send in my final transcript once the semester is over and that my application will still be eligible for review.

For anyone else who applied to UTMB in Galveston:

It is okay that "Final Transcript" is still listed on the to-do list, correct? My application is "incomplete" because of the final transcript, but I wanted to confirm that I just need to send in my final transcript once the semester is over and that my application will still be eligible for review.
Yes it is okay! I called and asked and they said the application will still be reviewed.

Hey guys! I've also applied to UTMB-this is my first go around & hopefully my last! My application still says incomplete...but nothing on my to-do list. Any of you having this issue as well? Also, any idea when we'd hear back for interviews? Do they normally interview several people? Thanks for your insight. Best of luck to everyone :shrug:

Hey guys! I've also applied to UTMB-this is my first go around & hopefully my last! My application still says incomplete...but nothing on my to-do list. Any of you having this issue as well? Also, any idea when we'd hear back for interviews? Do they normally interview several people? Thanks for your insight. Best of luck to everyone :shrug:

I read other forums and also referenced the website. It seems we'd hear something by the end of next week as far as interviews may go. I applied to Texas Tech also and they have already done the first wave of interviews. I was told not to worry that they still were processing applications for the second interview process. Goodluck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Invitations for UTMB interview are suppose to go out today! Has anyone heard anything from them?

Invitations for UTMB interview are suppose to go out today! Has anyone heard anything from them?

I haven't heard anything yet! I'm so nervous! If anyone hears anything please do post!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have applied to TWU, Texas Tech, and UTMB. Have not heard back from anyone yet. I have also been checking my e-mail non-stop! Best of luck to everyone! Keep updating the board, it's great to see the new info :).

Don't be surprised if they are a little late with the interview invitation. They aren't exactly on schedule with what the application says.. Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone, I am also applying this year for my first time. I called UTMB to inquire about interviews and they said they had around 360 applicants so far and 60 spots to give (not sure if the sixty spots are for early admission or overall or what). She said that **most likely** interview invitations will go out on Wednesday via email. Hope that info helped. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for sharing this! I was also wondering when they were going to send out interview invitation.
Hi everyone, I am also applying this year for my first time. I called UTMB to inquire about interviews and they said they had around 360 applicants so far and 60 spots to give (not sure if the sixty spots are for early admission or overall or what). She said that **most likely** interview invitations will go out on Wednesday via email. Hope that info helped. Good luck guys!
m

Hi Everyone!!

So this is my first time applying to MOT programs. I just graduated with my B.A. in Psychology and applied to Texas Tech, TWU, and UTMB! I received an invitation to interview via e-mail for Texas Tech and will be completing in via phone/skype since I currently live out of state. Other than that, I haven't heard from the other schools, although I did just contact UTMB today and they said invitations to interview will probably go out next week. There was some sort of delay with paperwork, I was told. Anyways, here are my stats! Reading through the forums is making me really nervous! It seems like most applications are very well-qualified! Good luck, guys!

Last 60 GPA: 3.98
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
Overall GPA: 3.8
Observation hours: 45

As far as I understand, Texas Tech uses a rolling admissions process. Has anyone who applied just before TTU's early deadline (October 1st) received an interview invitation? It seems as if people that have received interview invitations so far from TTU applied in July through early September. Just curious as to if/when the next round of interview invitations will go out.

Hi everyone!
Thanks for sharing your insight. I just called UTMB and Sharon said she's currently working on the list right now-she will "hopefully" be sending this out by Friday.

Best of luck!!

Hi Everyone!!

So this is my first time applying to MOT programs. I just graduated with my B.A. in Psychology and applied to Texas Tech, TWU, and UTMB! I received an invitation to interview via e-mail for Texas Tech and will be completing in via phone/skype since I currently live out of state. Other than that, I haven't heard from the other schools, although I did just contact UTMB today and they said invitations to interview will probably go out next week. There was some sort of delay with paperwork, I was told. Anyways, here are my stats! Reading through the forums is making me really nervous! It seems like most applications are very well-qualified! Good luck, guys!

Last 60 GPA: 3.98
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
Overall GPA: 3.8
Observation hours: 45

Hello, hi! Congrats on the interview with Tech! When did you receive the invitation?

I got my rejection letter from UTMB.. ;(

I got my rejection letter from UTMB.. ;(
Hey are you sure everything was turned in for your application? I just called UTMB because I had to update my e-mail address and the lady that I talked to also told me that they had received all my reference letters but somehow the third one hadn't been uploaded into my file. So maybe you should call and ask if your application was complete and if they received everything on your behalf. I feel like their system has a lot of glitches! But when/what date did u turn your application and everything in?

Hey are you sure everything was turned in for your application? I just called UTMB because I had to update my e-mail address and the lady that I talked to also told me that they had received all my reference letters but somehow the third one hadn't been uploaded into my file. So maybe you should call and ask if your application was complete and if they received everything on your behalf. I feel like their system has a lot of glitches! But when/what date did u turn your application and everything in?

yeah, i turned in everything. Sharon said I didnt make it in the top 150 although i met the minimum requirements. She also said that combined with my references, i still did not make it to the top 150 people. So im pretty sure i was rejected.

yeah, i turned in everything. Sharon said I didnt make it in the top 150 although i met the minimum requirements. She also said that combined with my references, i still did not make it to the top 150 people. So im pretty sure i was rejected.
I'm really sorry to hear that! We'll have you applied to St. Augustine University in Austin? They are not accredited yet but they have other branches ( Florida and California) that are accredited so I am sure they will get accredited since they are familiar with all the process. They are a private school so tuition is a lot ($80k +) and they require GRE. They're deadline is Dec so If you're okay with the cost and have you're GRE done, I would try to apply there also!

I'm really sorry to hear that! We'll have you applied to St. Augustine University in Austin? They are not accredited yet but they have other branches ( Florida and California) that are accredited so I am sure they will get accredited since they are familiar with all the process. They are a private school so tuition is a lot ($80k +) and they require GRE. They're deadline is Dec so If you're okay with the cost and have you're GRE done, I would try to apply there also!

Thanks OTgirl1990 for the advice. I did apply to TWU and Texas Tech. So I'll keep my hopes up. UTMB was my dream school but also the school that i likely would get rejected from due to my low gpa. So i kinda knew that this was going to happen. I have a better chance at TWU since they look at your last 60hrs. Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks OTgirl1990 for the advice. I did apply to TWU and Texas Tech. So I'll keep my hopes up. UTMB was my dream school but also the school that i likely would get rejected from due to my low gpa. So i kinda knew that this was going to happen. I have a better chance at TWU since they look at your last 60hrs. Still keeping my fingers crossed!
Well my stats are a lot lower than yours so I guess I'll mentally prepare myself for a rejection letter from UTMB as we'll.

Well my stats are a lot lower than yours so I guess I'll mentally prepare myself for a rejection letter from UTMB as we'll.

Maybe your recommendation letters are better than mines. So dont give up hope.

Got an interview invitation with UTMB! Very excited and nervous for this opportunity. I hope to hear back from TTU and TWU as well in the future.

Got an interview invitation with UTMB! Very excited and nervous for this opportunity. I hope to hear back from TTU and TWU as well in the future.
Hey congratulations! Can you please tell me when you got the email for an interview?

Hey congratulations! Can you please tell me when you got the email for an interview?

Yes! I got the e-mail today around 2 pm. I'm sorry to see some rejections got sent out as well :(.

Yes! I got the e-mail today around 2 pm. I'm sorry to see some rejections got sent out as well :(.
Sorry for asking so many questions but when did u have your file completed for UTMB??

Sorry for asking so many questions but when did u have your file completed for UTMB??
That's okay! I am also trying to gather as much information as possible! I think I submitted my completed UTMB application a week before the deadline.

Hello, hi! Congrats on the interview with Tech! When did you receive the invitation?
Hi! I received the e-mail from Tech on September 26! I also just received one from UTMB this Wednesday, Oct 22! So very excited for these opportunities and to be under consideration! :)

Has anyone else heard from UTMB? I haven't heard either way from them.??

Can somebody explain Tech's admissions process? I've interviewed accepted an "alternate spot". Does this mean I won't hear from them again until springtime - once people start declining their acceptances? Or is my app still in the pool while they continue with interviews?

Hey, I got my interview spot from UTMB last Wednesday as well at the same time as jjot11. I am also very curious about Texas Tech. I applied at the end of September but haven't heard anything from them yet, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Hey, I got my interview spot from UTMB last Wednesday as well at the same time as jjot11. I am also very curious about Texas Tech. I applied at the end of September but haven't heard anything from them yet, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I am really curious as to what Tech is thinking as well! I might give them a call today or tomorrow and ask if they will be sending out more interview invitations. Ill post again if I find out any information!

I am really curious as to what Tech is thinking as well! I might give them a call today or tomorrow and ask if they will be sending out more interview invitations. Ill post again if I find out any information!
Yes please let us know! I called the allied health office on friday but they still said they did not know anything about when the next interview dates were set for. Maybe they will have gotten word this week though?

Has anyone received an invitation to interview at UTMB for November 21st? I have an interview between 12:45-2:45 that date and just wondered if anyone else did :)

I was accepted to UTMB right away and I had an overall GPA of 3.075! It's not all about GPA :) But TWU absolutely looks mainly at GPA.

Hey there!! So I was just e-mailed by Texas Tech notifying me that I was accepted for admission! Has anyone else been accepted yet?!

Hey there!! So I was just e-mailed by Texas Tech notifying me that I was accepted for admission! Has anyone else been accepted yet?!

Hey congratulations! I was accepted at the start of last week and just mailed off my deposit a couple of days ago. The whole process went by really fast I still can't believe it. Are you going to end up accepting or are you still waiting for other schools?

I am starting to become impatient with TTUHSC...If we submitted for early admissions and they still haven't contacted us at all (it starts to make you wonder) are they holding on to our applications until the normal deadline? It would be nice to at least know what is going on with the process or how they operate in general when it comes to early admissions applications vs normal deadline! Sorry for my rant...

Hey congratulations! I was accepted at the start of last week and just mailed off my deposit a couple of days ago. The whole process went by really fast I still can't believe it. Are you going to end up accepting or are you still waiting for other schools?

YAY congrats to you, as well! I did accept the admissions offer :) I was really surprised to hear back from them so soon; it was only 3 days after my interview!

Congrats to all the people who have been accepted so far!

Question- if you've accepted positions at Tech, does that mean you will not be considering TWU?

Hi All!

So I just got an email from Liza saying I've completed all of the application requirements for TTUHSC. It sure is taking forever and I'm getting really nervous! How long was the wait before the next email comes along (maybe invitation for an interview?)? Thank you for all the input and encouragement, it's nice to have people that understands what you're going through this application process. :)

Last edited: