General Admissions & OTCAS OT schools in Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you heard back from Milwaukee yet? I emailed twice asking when I should expect to hear because I have a deposit to make at Lewis, but I want to hear from Milwaukee first.

Did Milwaukee get back to you when you emailed them?

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed Nancy to see if I could visit the school before deciding, and she told me to visit this Tues, so I guess that means the deadline for me is not Mon
Thanks for the info... I might email and ask the same. I've never seen campus but wouldn't be able to visit until end of next week when I'm done for break.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard back from Milwaukee yet? I emailed twice asking when I should expect to hear because I have a deposit to make at Lewis, but I want to hear from Milwaukee first.
I heard from Milwaukee last week! They only gave a week deadline to accept, so I would think more people will be hearing back soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone hear back from Midwestern University yet from the last interview cycle 3/12-3/14?

I also just got accepted into Lewis University today, but I am still debating about it because I am worried about its accreditation status.
Hi! I go to Lewis currently, we are on track for accreditation right now. Our teachers are SO on top of everything and are keeping us informed every step of the way. Our division head actually helped build Midwestern's doctorate program before coming to Lewis University so she really knows what she is doing. Our teachers are some of the most caring and compassionate people that I have ever met. They go out of their way to help us to succeed and we do a ton of hands on work. Even during practicals, if you are struggling they will help you try to get back on the right track. They want us to succeed and they will go to great measures to make sure that you will.

fieldwork
I also just am worried about going to a brand new, unaccredited program.
When I visited, they seemed very prepared as they already got many contracts for fieldwork sites and since we are also not the first cohort it is most likely they will be accredited before our turn to graduate

Anyone who's waitlisted at Rush heard back/decided to go elsewhere and got off the waitlist? I loved the program there but got into another school with a late may summer session, unsure if I will get pulled before May...

Anyone who's waitlisted at Rush heard back/decided to go elsewhere and got off the waitlist? I loved the program there but got into another school with a late may summer session, unsure if I will get pulled before May...
You could probably call and ask! Stacy gave me a pretty good idea of when I'd hear back

Does anyone know if Madison is pulling off their waitlist yet, or at what time they have done so in the past? I was told I hold a "strong" position on the waitlist, so I'm hoping to be pulled off...

Members don't see this ad :)

I just contacted admissions today to decline my spot so they should be pulling from the waitlist soon.

Hi! I go to Lewis currently, we are on track for accreditation right now. Our teachers are SO on top of everything and are keeping us informed every step of the way. Our division head actually helped build Midwestern's doctorate program before coming to Lewis University so she really knows what she is doing. Our teachers are some of the most caring and compassionate people that I have ever met. They go out of their way to help us to succeed and we do a ton of hands on work. Even during practicals, if you are struggling they will help you try to get back on the right track. They want us to succeed and they will go to great measures to make sure that you will.

What made you choose Lewis over some other place you were accepted too? I haven't heard much about their program, and I have a visit this Thursday! Not sure how I feel about it. But the cost is really nice.

What made you choose Lewis over some other place you were accepted too? I haven't heard much about their program, and I have a visit this Thursday! Not sure how I feel about it. But the cost is really nice.
Couldn't get into my old account so I had to create a new one. I chose Lewis at first because it was the only one I was accepted to, then I got accepted to North Central. I researched both programs, North Central does a lot of online classes, and that just didn't seem like the fit for me. Being in Lewis' program now, I realize how valuable it is to be in the classroom. Most of the information we learn could not be learned online. It requires a lot of hands-on work and our teachers excel at doing that. During your visit they will talk about how good the teachers are, and they won't be lying. Our teachers care about us so much and they will go above and beyond to make sure that we succeed. They take all of our questions and concerns into consideration and make changes wherever change is needed. We do a lot of hands on work like making orthosis', learning modalities, massage techniques, and more. Our level 1 fieldwork has been great as well so far, and 10-15 of my classmates will be going to Ecuador for their first Level 1 in May. Our program is designed to be very similar to a doctorate program, minus the doctoral internship because our teachers wanted us to come out with the same knowledge as the doctorate students so that we wouldn't feel like we had missed anything for our education. I have never had so many teachers that care so much about us before like ours do.

Hi guys! For those of you who applied to Midwestern IL, have you heard anything? I am waitlisted currently and was wondering if anyone else is the same boat waiting to hear final decisions!

Couldn't get into my old account so I had to create a new one. I chose Lewis at first because it was the only one I was accepted to, then I got accepted to North Central. I researched both programs, North Central does a lot of online classes, and that just didn't seem like the fit for me. Being in Lewis' program now, I realize how valuable it is to be in the classroom. Most of the information we learn could not be learned online. It requires a lot of hands-on work and our teachers excel at doing that. During your visit they will talk about how good the teachers are, and they won't be lying. Our teachers care about us so much and they will go above and beyond to make sure that we succeed. They take all of our questions and concerns into consideration and make changes wherever change is needed. We do a lot of hands on work like making orthosis', learning modalities, massage techniques, and more. Our level 1 fieldwork has been great as well so far, and 10-15 of my classmates will be going to Ecuador for their first Level 1 in May. Our program is designed to be very similar to a doctorate program, minus the doctoral internship because our teachers wanted us to come out with the same knowledge as the doctorate students so that we wouldn't feel like we had missed anything for our education. I have never had so many teachers that care so much about us before like ours do.

I can definitely see that the teachers care. I met with Dr. Charnley, and I thought she was so amazing and passionate about the program and her students. It seems like your opportunities are amazing, especially with the aviation program and Ecuador. I decided to put the deposit down to save my spot. But I am leaning more towards it than moving to Austin Tx.

Hi guys! For those of you who applied to Midwestern IL, have you heard anything? I am waitlisted currently and was wondering if anyone else is the same boat waiting to hear final decisions!

I'm also waitlisted but I haven't heard anything back from them!

Has anyone else heard nothing from UW-Milwaukee?
I haven't. I called 2 weeks ago and they told me I'd hear in 2 weeks. I called again today and they said by the end of April.

I can definitely see that the teachers care. I met with Dr. Charnley, and I thought she was so amazing and passionate about the program and her students. It seems like your opportunities are amazing, especially with the aviation program and Ecuador. I decided to put the deposit down to save my spot. But I am leaning more towards it than moving to Austin Tx.
We definitely have amazing opportunities that not many other colleges offer! Dr. Charnley is my favorite teacher, her classes are so much fun to be in and I feel like I have learned a ton (I have been learning lots in the other classes of course too haha)
! I hope that you decide to go to Lewis, it really is a fantastic program!

You may remember this from your interview, but at the interview, Midwestern told us that they do not have a numbered waitlist. You have to keep in contact with them whether through letters of interest, additional letters of recommendation, write to tell them you've done more hours/gained more experience. Contact in combination with whoever you interviewed with advocating for how much they liked you (which is out of your control) is what will get you pulled off the waitlist. As frustrating as this may be, this is how you improve your chances for Midwestern.

We definitely have amazing opportunities that not many other colleges offer! Dr. Charnley is my favorite teacher, her classes are so much fun to be in and I feel like I have learned a ton (I have been learning lots in the other classes of course too haha)
! I hope that you decide to go to Lewis, it really is a fantastic program!

I can definitely see that Lewis offers more than most schools. It's almost similar to UIC's but I got waitlisted there.
Thanks for all the insight though! I'm going to visit Austin soon and then make my decision going from there.

Just heard back from UW Milwaukee, I’m on the waitlist but will be taking my name off!

Reactions: 1 users
I can definitely see that Lewis offers more than most schools. It's almost similar to UIC's but I got waitlisted there.
Thanks for all the insight though! I'm going to visit Austin soon and then make my decision going from there.
No problem!! Best of luck to you! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I am happy to help

Have you heard of anyone being denied from Milwaukee? I still haven't heard yet.
My friend and I both got waitlisted too. I don't think they've set out rejections...

My friend and I both got waitlisted too. I don't think they've set out rejections...

I got accepted to Milwaukee a few weeks ago, and they gave me a week to respond. Hopefully, responses will be sent out soon for those of you who haven't heard anything! Does anyone have any insight into the program? I know that they are ranked relatively high, but otherwise, I am not very familiar with the school/program.

Does anyone know if Madison's class is full or if they have been pulling off the waitlist?

On April 23rd, all those who were admitted were attached to one email. There were 48 names total, so there's 2 spots left. I'm not sure if they're still waiting to hear back acceptances or if they're pulling from the wait list since they usually have 50 students in each cohort. People could always later withdraw their seat so I'm sure more spots will open up.

Also, they claim not to have a numbered wait list (as you may remember from your interview). They pull people off of the wait list based on continued contact. Continued contact can include emailing to inform them of additional observation hours, extra letters of recommendation, or letters of interest (I think that's what they called them, my memory of interview day is foggy at this point, but basically something saying how much you like the campus/program etc.). If you continue contact with them (with in reason), it makes you memorable, that and whoever you interviewed with (if they liked you) can advocate for you to have a seat in the program. This is from my understanding and memory of what was said to us on the interview day so take from it what you will.

Congrats!! Could I ask what your stats are? I am still on the waitlist.

I would definitely recommend calling and asking about your waitlist status- Stacy was super helpful for me, she gave me a timeframe of when she thought I would hear back by based on previous years and she was right!

Undergrad; University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, major kinesiology with a psychology minor
GPA: 3.4
Last 60: 3.55
GRE: 153V, 151Q, 4
Observation: 100+ hours in pediatrics, inpatient care, hand therapy clinic

Activities: 3 years research assistant in MS lab, sorority member, nanny for child with spastic quad CP, academic mentor for transfer students, volunteer at non-profit providing job training for individuals with disabilities, camp counselor, went on a medical/dental service trip to treat patients in Honduras

LOR: 2 OTs, 1 research supervisor, 1 professor

I just got an offer at Midwestern University, but declined my spot. I feel like they're still trying to fill up spots or other students are choosing different schools now.

Got an email today from Elmhurst today that I have been invited for an interview (I have been on the waitlist since January). Anyone else??

Hi guys! Does anyone know if they are still pulling off the alternate list for Midwestern University IL? I called about 2 weeks ago and they said 43/50 seats are filled so just curious if they are still pulling or if anyone has recently been accepted off the alternate list? Thanks!

Anyone (re)applying to Illinois schools this time? I applied to North Central and received an interview invite today!

Has anyone heard back from North Central after interviews? I interviewed beginning of January and haven't heard anything!

can you share any info you remember from the interview process? I’m wondering what I should be expecting

I’m currently a MSOT student at Lewis and I love it so far! Feel free to message me with any questions

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Hello!
I got accepted to Lewis last month and put my deposit down to save my spot. May I know what your experience is at Lewis? I heard Lewis MSOT program is fairly new. Also I have never been to Illinois so I have no idea what to expect from the state either. I will be moving out from CA!

Has anyone heard from Elmhurst yet this cycle?

I was top 25 waitlisted from Elmhurst. I am not really sure what my chances of getting in though because they only accept 24 people. I am waiting to hear back from UIC still, but the waitlist from Elmhurst knocked down my confidence a lot.

Did you hear anything?