OT School Application....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madusa

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been reviewing all the admissions requirements for different OT programs that I'll be applying to, and I've noticed that some schools recommend either volunteer work (no minimum number of hours required) or observation of an OT.

Since I have both volunteered in an OT setting and observed an OT, how should I document my OT observation on the admissions application? Should I list it under the healthcare/volunteer experience section on the application? Or, just briefly discuss it in my personal statement?

Should other non-OT related healthcare experience be listed in the application? (i.e. I completed a 360-hour summer internship at a clinic--senior year requirement for my health administration degree.)

Please advise.

Thanks,
Madusa :D

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.uca.edu/divisions/academic/chas/OTdept/pdf%20files/Volunteer Form 05.pdf

One good example is that schools will have a volunteer sheet for the OT to fill out and give to you or mail to the school.

If the school doesnt have a form to fill out or you cant find it then use the above form but just cut out that University of Arkansas information at the bottom.

Also on the main application sheet, put in your non-OT experiance and volunteer places as well..