Osu-com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwong112001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody got interviewed at OSU-COM? Can you tell me some feedbacks on your interview experience? Anybody who is out-of-state applicant get accepted from this school? I am going to get my interview on the 22nd of this month. I am very exciting about this upcoming event.

Members don't see this ad.

Glad to hear you're coming for an interview.

There are a few SDNers who are part of the class of 2007.

Here's a link to an OSU-COM class of 2007thread (which contains a link to an earlier thread as well).

There are also several of us in the class of 2006 who'd be happy to answer questions (and meet you when you're here!).

As to your question, the OSU interviews are pretty laid back. They usually have 8 people interviewing on the same day, taking turns with the interviewers during the morning. You will be interviewed by 2 people at the same time (a DO & a PhD). There will be a couple of informational sessions & lunch with a couple of
current students.

As far as out-of-staters, 15 people out of the 88 in my class are from out-of-state. I believe that is the # of out-of-state spots. 3 of these 15 are on SDN (Fenrezz, patrickhenson, & scrappydoo). I'm sure they'd both be willing to answer any questions you'd have about being an out-of-stater.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks for your input, Dr.MOM. I heard the interview is one on one and there are total of three of them. Is this true? Why do they do that? Why can they ask me on the same time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. MOM,

Does interview at OSU for out of state applicant mean gurantee admission?

No, the interview does not mean guaranteed admission for anyone.

I don't know how many out-of-staters they usually interview, so I really can't give you any percentages. The interview is a good sign, though.

the percentages usually run about the same each year for applicants/interviews/acceptances for instate and out of state.

here's the class of 2005 profile-- mine was very similar (i'm an MS3)

http://osu.com.okstate.edu/center/student/matrprofile.htm

if it makes you feel any better, getting the interview as an out of state resident is more difficult than getting accepted.

good luck

Thanks for the help. I really apprecitate it.

Originally posted by jwong112001
Thanks for your input, Dr.MOM. I heard the interview is one on one and there are total of three of them. Is this true? Why do they do that? Why can they ask me on the same time?

That's not how it goes. There are two interviewers in the room and you only interview one time for the day.The interview lasts usually about 20 to 30 minutes. The OSU interview was the most laid back one I had, by far. Afterwards you eat lunch with your student ambassador and then they do the tour of the school.

I happen to be one of the out of state people attending OSU so if you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

Thanks for your correction on my misunderstanding.

Good luck at your interview! I really didn't have that many questions, because the people that interviewed me talked and talked. Here are some questions that they asked me, but you should look at interview feedback. Also, try to get some rest before the big day because you go in at 8 and get out around 2:30.

Are you comfortable taking the leadership role?
What do you think will be the hardest thing about medical school?
Do you have a strong support system?
And the worst one of all-- Tell me about yourself.

What is the hardest thing in medical school?

I got a similar question in my DMU interview. I told them that the hardest thing for me might be the transition period from college to medical school. Medical school requires a lot of works when it compares to the ungraduate. However, I told them that I have dealt with similar situation before and I was able to handle it. Is this the right way to answer this question or are they looking for something else?

I said something about the sheer volume of material. They seemed pleased with the answer. Don't worry, now that you have thought about it they probably won't ask you that question.

I think that both of your answers are good.

I got asked the same thing. I think that I said volume of information, but I also added that it would be a big adjustment for my family (husband & daughter).

I just had to submit here because I noticed Fenrezz has lost the dolphins logo!!!???

are you abandoning our team just because they were cheated out of a playoff spot? :(

Originally posted by SM-UCLA tech
I just had to submit here because I noticed Fenrezz has lost the dolphins logo!!!???

are you abandoning our team just because they were cheated out of a playoff spot? :(

As much as that last game disgusted me to the point where I wanted to throw up, eat my vomit, and throw up again, no I didnt abandon them (don't think I could actually).

However, I only planned on having the logo on here for as long as the season lasted. Since it's over, time for a new one, and since avatars I used to put up which were pictures of me scared people, I decided to play it safe and go with my beloved OSU logo. :D

There's always next year! I guarantee a superbowl bid for the fins in 2004. That's right! You heard it here first!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: