Osteopathic ortho...COMLEX II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stretch210

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When should we be done with COMLEX II when applying for osteopathic ortho residencies? I have seen that most programs want both step 1 and 2, but does that mean you must have your scores by the time you apply, interview, match, or graduate?

Also, does this include both CS and CK?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody have any info? Thanks.

no, just that you have taken it. at least that's what i thought when i went through the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
no, just that you have taken it. at least that's what i thought when i went through the process.

Thanks for the response, but I'm not quite sure you have answered my question. More clarification would be appreciated.

Unless you take the COMLEX II before October, the scores won't be back for interviews. When they pick people to interview, they mostly go off of grades and Step I, Step II scores are not back by then.

Also, it is no secret that osteopathic programs interview and match rotators. So in all honesty, Step I and Step II are just scores that they screen to see if you meet a minimum. Gaurantee that they'll match an applicatnt with a slightly above average Step I score, but awesome rotator versus someone who killed Step I and II but didn't rotate.

So you clarification is...Take step II so it shows that you took it, if your scores are back before they make their rank list, great. But honestly, I doubt they even look at Step II...just the fact that you took it early. You could always e-mail the program coordinator too.

thanks...I appreciate it.