Ortho Review Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MdMdMd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any sugestions regarding a good review book for an ortho rotation? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Both of netter's ortho books are good. There is one on anatomy, and one that is more of a textbook.

is there an equivalent to ent secrets or case files or pretest series for ortho that would be good?

Members don't see this ad :)
is there an equivalent to ent secrets or case files or pretest series for ortho that would be good?

There aren't many "review" books for ortho from the types of series you described above, like there are for most core rotations that med students do. I recommend Essentials of Orthopaedic Surgery, it's slightly bigger but gives good detail and is very readable.

ortho secrets is pretty good, netter's ortho book is good, and you should consider the fracture handbook by koval

Both of netter's ortho books are good. There is one on anatomy, and one that is more of a textbook.

Is the one that's more like a text this one?

Also, if I have a few texts from the early/mid-70s, is that generally decent for background knowledge? I'm assuming several treatments have changed somewhat, since it recommends 12 weeks of traction over nailing for femur fractures.

Thanks!

Is the one that's more like a text this one?

Also, if I have a few texts from the early/mid-70s, is that generally decent for background knowledge? I'm assuming several treatments have changed somewhat, since it recommends 12 weeks of traction over nailing for femur fractures.

Thanks!
No, the one that's more like a text book is green. The blue one is more of an anatomy atlas.