Ortho Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studyinghard

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did all the practicing orthopods in here foam at the mouth over limb anatomy 1st year med school? We're going through it now and it has to be one of the most dry subjects we have had. memorization, memorization, memorization more so than linking concepts. oh well, back to studying

Members don't see this ad.

I felt that way about head & neck stuff... I really like the limbs, though. It makes sense (to me).

memorization, memorization, memorization more so than linking concepts.

If you understand the concepts then it isn't memorization. If you don't understand exactly what all the muscles/nerves/ligaments do, then it is rote memorization.

The concepts are actually quite complex. Can you explain exactly what muscles you are using while sitting at your computer? Which nerves feed those muscles? What happens if you lose x muscles or y nerves?

Unless you go into ortho/sports med/PMR, you'll learn that you never really learned these concepts. If you choose one of these fields, you'll find that you've only scratched the surface...