Ortho 2011 Admission Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a little bit confused about match process. As I have read in the website, applicants should just rank programs upon their own interest, however I have heard from a friend that the fact that how you feel programs will rank you, should be considered in your rank order list. any thought?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a little bit confused about match process. As I have read in the website, applicants should just rank programs upon their own interest, however I have heard from a friend that the fact that how you feel programs will rank you, should be considered in your rank order list. any thought?

your friend is absolutely positively dead wrong. common misconception but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't really understand MATCH at all. just do your thing and rank as you like :thumbup:

your friend is absolutely positively dead wrong. common misconception but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't really understand MATCH at all. just do your thing and rank as you like :thumbup:

Ok, thanks for your reply. That's a good news! easier this way!

Members don't see this ad :)
The matching deadline is on Nov 19. I wonder when the schools' deadline to rank us for match ?
Good luck to all of you on December 1st. I hope we all got matched.:xf::thumbup::):thumbup::xf:

The matching deadline is on Nov 19. I wonder when the schools' deadline to rank us for match ?
Good luck to all of you on December 1st. I hope we all got matched.:xf::thumbup::):thumbup::xf:

program deadline is same as applicant deadline.

Deadline has passed. Good luck to everyone!!! Aim for the best... :thumbup:

Matching result will be tomorrow....!!! For those who applied for the schools, good luck and hope for the best.

Congratulations for those who got matched. I didn't get match.... :( but I will try again next year. Keep positive for those who didn't get the match :)

this is the only opening in Ortho:

COLORADO

UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE
ORTHODONTIC DEPT. ATTN:HOPE HART
13065 E 17TH AVE., M/S F-849
AURORA CO 80045
Telephone: (303) 724-6990
Director: LARRY J OESTERLE, DDS, MS
Program: ORTH-2.5 YRS
Code: 6404 Openings: 2

Ninety, how about you, did you get matched ?

this is the only opening in Ortho:

COLORADO

UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE
ORTHODONTIC DEPT. ATTN:HOPE HART
13065 E 17TH AVE., M/S F-849
AURORA CO 80045
Telephone: (303) 724-6990
Director: LARRY J OESTERLE, DDS, MS
Program: ORTH-2.5 YRS
Code: 6404 Openings: 2

Last edited:
blissonearth, are you going to check Ortho match result thread before posting here!

Sorry about that. I read it before, I didn't know if you are matched or not.

Sorry about that. I read it before, I didn't know if you are matched or not.

it is fine, why don't you post your experience in results thread so people will have an idea overall about the admission process, even if you did not match