Oregon Externship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCalDent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out I will be attending OHSU for an externship this summer.

Does anyone have any information on the program?

Anybody know how "hands-on" the externship is?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, even though nobody responded to you in time for your externship, could you tell me what your experience was like? I'm from portland, I love that city with all my heart and i'm stuck in the toilet of america right now for dental school (southern california). I want to do an externship at OHSU next fall hopefully, so any info would be great! :)

Hey, even though nobody responded to you in time for your externship, could you tell me what your experience was like? I'm from portland, I love that city with all my heart and i'm stuck in the toilet of america right now for dental school (southern california). I want to do an externship at OHSU next fall hopefully, so any info would be great! :)

I don't know what kind of information you are looking for... but I can tell you that OHSU is a fantastic program in all aspects.

In terms of externship stuff: I was there for two weeks, the first week I was at OHSU and the second at Emmanuel Hospital.

I had to get a hotel while at OHSU (i stayed at a place within walking distance). At emmanuel I stayed in the call room.

While at OHSU I didn't get any call at all but Emmanuel was nearly every night.

Didn't really even see the point and pull clinic at all while I was there. They literally were in the operating room all day every day and thats where you will be too if you extern there.

Overall I could not be more pleased with my experience. All of the Attendings and Residents were amazing.
Can't imagine a better program.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.