Oral Boards Spring 2010 - Atlanta, GA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck peeps. :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

As far as level of anxiety in a thread, it's a pretty close race.

Yeah, I don't normally have a physiologic response to test score waiting, but this is the first one in forever that I haven't been confident of the outcome.

Waiting for the written results, it was
- 95% "Ooh can't wait to see how thoroughly I owned that bitch!"
- 4% "What if the test center put someone else's name on my test?"
- 1% "Maybe I failed it ..."

This time around, it's
- 70% "I think my first session was strong enough to make up for the ******ed **** I said during the second one ..."
- 30% "Wonder if I'll get spring or fall next time?"

For **** sake I did compressions on a newborn today and my pulse didn't get as high as it does when I dwell on the chipshot TPN question I blew.

Arch Guillotti said:
I'll bet tomorrow is the day:scared:

If it's not, I'm going to need to seriously think about starting myself on a beta blocker. :)

tomorrow we will all run to the bar to celebrate or to bury our sorrow

good luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
pgg said:
For **** sake I did compressions on a newborn today and my pulse didn't get as high as it does when I dwell on the chipshot TPN question I blew.

You got that question too eh? I have been kicking myself hard for blowing such a total gimme.

-pod

I have never been so nervous IN MY LIFE. If I fail, see you guys in two months...after I achieve a therapeutic level of Prozac and a have a few rounds of ECT. If I pass, see you guys in two months...after getting piss drunk everyday after work until I get liver failure.
Either way, sounds like fun to me. :laugh:
Good luck!
FWIW, I got my results 3 weeks after the test several years ago, so tomorrow is looking likely.:thumbup:

Funny how we all remember and fixate on things that we blow, even if they are little trivial minutiae.

If you think you smoked the exam then I would say that you may be in trouble.

Everyone who felt like drowning their sorrows afterwards probably owned the damn thing:)

Somebody shoot me. I'm getting tachycardia just thinking about tomm 2 pm. Dunno if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. I fully expect to be retaking this damn thing next year. *sigh*

Martha:

Please consult your inside source. Ask that person if results come out tomorrow and let us all know.

Thank you.

I don't know if I passed or failed, but either way--I'm going to Disney World baby! My family deserves it regardless of the outcome. And it'll be a blast.
Good Luck everyone.
Tuck

Members don't see this ad :)
My status is "doctor records not found". I also checked some friends who just took it. Same thing for them...

something is happenening on the site cause when i put my name in to check it no longer has a record for me. I put a few of my buddies in as well and teirs are gone as well. I assume they are updating it. blaz

My application status just changed from Candidate to Approved for Certification so the results are out.

My application status just changed from Candidate to Approved for Certification so the results are out.

I can't see where to find that information. My ABA portal says nothing and the physician search feature just says doctor record not found. I'm having an acute coronary event here.

Approved For Certification

Hoping that means we passed

Log in to your ABA account, click on Anesthesiology under applications, select 2011 primary certification, and it will tell you your current status.

- pod

I can't see where to find that information. My ABA portal says nothing and the physician search feature just says doctor record not found. I'm having an acute coronary event here.

Click on "apply for examination online" and it'll tell you.

Approved For Certification

Hoping that means we passed

:) Same thing on my page.

It's got to mean we passed, cruel joke otherwise.

Anes2010 said:
Dude. Click "2011 primary certification"...

I too had an acute coronary event when I saw the 2011 signup links ...

Area of CertificationAnesthesiologyCertification TypePrimary CertificationName On CertificateXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCertification StatusCertified through 12/31/2020Issue DateApr 23, 2010

My status under the 2011 link just changed from "Approved for Certification" to

"The ABA's records indicate that you do not meet the entrance requirements for the Primary Certification examination. If you believe this to be in error, please call the board office."

so don't have a coronary if you click the 2011 link and that is what you get.

- pod

all of us are damn good doctors !!!
congrats to everyone.
i am going to sleep now

tequila_ley.jpeg

You all deserve it. Martha... how could you possibly sleep. Pgg has the right attitude. Drinks for all.

I passed!

All I have to say is:

finaz.jpg

Moderators, please keep this pic up for at least a day... passing orals gets me at least a day!

Passed! Not sure I want to be a member of a group with standards this low!:D

Now, if I help to execute the death penalty, I suppose they'll yank my cert so fast my head will spin!

Congrats all!

If you happen to be one who did not pass, sorry, I know the feeling after not passing my first attempt at writtens. It sucks. I know there is nothing anyone can say that will make you feel better right now.

So go to Disney World!!!!!!!!

And better luck next year.:thumbup:

Passed baby!!

Frank expressed my sentiments exactly

Congrats to everyone who passed.

I told you guys/gals the results would be released on a Thursday afternoon

it night not have been 2pm but it was darn close.

I passed too. Now just MOCA for the rest of my career. Hopefully in the future they won't decide to make orals part of that.

Congrats, guys!!!

I envy you all soooooooooo much... mine is to be scheduled yet - Sep or Oct :scared:

Half of my class passed - exactly half. I do not know if the others have been scheduled for fall ( as me) or are just not lucky ones. Hope it's like me.

so happy i am done and getting back to my daily routines without nightmares

I passed, finally.

I have been licking my wounds for a year. I am back.

Cambie

passed. holy hot damn. shocked. relieved.

Now onto the pain boards!