Opted sample OAT

Jay12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

For the people who have written the OAT, how similar (as far as the level of difficulty) is the actual OAT exam, in comparison to the sample OAT exam on opted.org? (i.e. specifically the physics component?)

Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Compared to all the other study resources, the opted practice test is the most accurate as far as degree of difficulty goes. Some areas were way off for me, others were right on. For example, I got a 400 on RC on the opted one, but a 300 on the real thing. But for physics I got a 360 on both. Overall, I got a 360 on the opted one and a 350 on the real thing, so I guess overall it's a little easier, but not by much.

Good luck!

I agree. The opted sample test is about as close as you can get. I thought it was easier than the real thing but definetly not as far off as other ones like topscore or oat achiever (which are a lot harder).

the RC section on the opted sample is much easier than the real thing. use more challenging study materials for that section. the rest of the sample test is also easier than the real thing.

Do have any recommendations for study material for the RC section? i was hoping it would be like the opted one - but if its really much harder i might need some more practice!