Opnions wanted!!!! Pleaseee!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

healthright

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone,
Im a newly accepted medical school student to three U.S medical schools:
New York Medical College
Wright St.
Howard Univ.

Here is my list:
NYMC (pros): went to undergrad in nyc, great matches,interactive faculy/admin, 4-yr MD/Mph pgrm, received scholarship $, mini-boards

NYMC(cons): affiliation with touro, which may not be a bad thing..but there is still some speculation that it can be, closing of St. Vincent Hosp.

Wright St.(pros): did a 3 month summer pgrm there so know the area a bit, great matches, received scholarship $, excellent resources for students, mini-boards, start-of-the art

Wright St(cons): 5-yr MD/Mph prgrm, pretty dead area(I think comfort is important)

Howard(pros): close to home, better community interaction, warm feeling received @ interview as opposed to other two..the students stopped to talk to us, pretty good matches(esp in NYC..alot at Einstein/Monte)

Howard(con): no MD/Mph program, not so much state-of-the art, no scholarship money yet, somewhat disorganized admin(one girl @ my interview had to bring another copy of her secondary b/c they lost it...)

Now, I know everyone's opinions will differ...or that everyone values something more than the next...I just want people's feedback on what they would do...THANK YOU ALL AND GOOD LUCK!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd probably personally eliminate Wright State, but that's just based on the fact that I didn't get the sense you wanted to be there geographically.

NYMC vs. Howard seems like a choice between location/feeling and money/options. I got the sense from your post that you liked Howard better than NYMC. To me, it's also in a better area (DC vs. suburb that's far from New York City). But, if NYMC has better options (MD/MPh) and is cheaper that might be something to consider.

I think opportunities wise, between these schools you won't find THAT much of a difference. None of them are top ranked so it's going to be more about what YOU put into it rather than the school. I don't think anyone else is going to be able to give you much more advice than that.

Thanks so much!!!
And ure right....it is what I put into the school(whichever one I pick)

good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.