Exactly 6 weeks to prep for the DAT. Is this even enough time to achieve an AA of 22 or above possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

humble4

Reaction score
Background:
- It’s been 4 years since graduating from undergrad.
- Math was never my strong suit.

Resources I have:
1. DAT destroyer
2. Math destroyer
3. PAT booster
4. Chads videos
5. Biology dynamite (free)

My plan:
1. I’m contemplating whether I should review for 3 weeks then practice exams for the remaining 3 weeks or review for 2 weeks then practice exam for the remaining month?
2. Study like there’s no tomorrow. I plan to really work my tail off for these next 6 weeks.

I will never have another opportunity like this in which I’ll have nothing to do but study. I plan to take advantage of this time and devote 110% to my studies. Will this be enough time? To all DAT goats: I would truly appreciate your advice. Thank you for your contribution. Much love.

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure you completely understand the destroyer/dynamite rather than take a bunch of practice tests. Practice tests do help but it's like a shotgun approach to learning imo. After using those resources exclusively except chad's the 2007 test seemed like a complete joke. Been studying for about 3 weeks taking it next week.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed with @thisgameislame. You should focus more on knowing the concepts and answering problems based on those concepts rather than doing practice tests for long periods of time. Right now, it doesn't look like your resources have any practice tests as is, so I'm interested in knowing what you are referring to. The Destroyers are certainly not meant to be tests, but learning materials. PATBooster has practice tests, and that's the one section (along with QR) that I would say practicing under timed conditions may be useful.

Timing wise, if you think you can do it all in 6 weeks after not being in undergrad for 4 years, more power to you! Very few people would be able to pull that all successfully without studying (literally) full-time. Don't be discouraged if you think you need more time than you have planned out at the moment - it's more important to get a high DAT score the first time around than rushing and having to take it twice (also costs a ton more to do it that way)/

As for your weakness in math, I highly suggest sitting down and working on the Math Destroyer hardcore. Math has never been my strong suit either, and using that along with the QR Orgoman YouTube videos did me incredibly well come exam day. I never saw a question I had not recognized.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's more than enough if you dedicate all your time to preparing. If you get time, I would recommend squeezing time to do some practice tests. You might also want to practice the reading comprehension section if you want a 22AA. Good luck!

1TrickUnicorn scored very well with 4 weeks but he was not 4 years out of college. His overall study schedule might be useful though. DAT Breakdown in 4 weeks (Scored: 26AA/ 30PAT) Unlike him, however, I would devote 2 weeks to at least 4 full length practice tests.

To make the most of your Destroyer practice, make sure to log your progress and performance (See my signature for my studying approach). This will help you focus your efforts on weaknesses.

Reactions: 1 user
Background:
- It’s been 4 years since graduating from undergrad.
- Math was never my strong suit.

Resources I have:
1. DAT destroyer
2. Math destroyer
3. PAT booster
4. Chads videos
5. Biology dynamite (free)

My plan:
1. I’m contemplating whether I should review for 3 weeks then practice exams for the remaining 3 weeks or review for 2 weeks then practice exam for the remaining month?
2. Study like there’s no tomorrow. I plan to really work my tail off for these next 6 weeks.

I will never have another opportunity like this in which I’ll have nothing to do but study. I plan to take advantage of this time and devote 110% to my studies. Will this be enough time? To all DAT goats: I would truly appreciate your advice. Thank you for your contribution. Much love.

What are you doing for Reading comprehension? None of the resources you mention cover it. I would not overlook it. You would be surprised how much it can affect your overall DAT scores.

It depends on how much you remember from undergrad. If you remember nothing, it will likely not be enough time if you are 4 years removed from undergrad. You are basically starting from scratch, while most other kids who take the DAT in 6 or less weeks are simply reviewing/reinforcing material. Not saying you can't do it, but you only want to take this exam once and rushing into it after forgetting all the material and having a known math weakness is not a great plan, in my opinion.

If you somehow remember everything from undergrad or use the material consistently in whatever you did since graduating, then 6 weeks is a viable studying length. Good luck.