open PGY2 spots in the SW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tucson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am coming to the end of my PGY-1 year and have thus far enjoyed my program and my training very much. Now it looks as if my spouse may have an offer to start their dream job in the Joshua Tree area. This is far from where we live now. We would be 2000 miles apart.

I am wondering if anyone knows of open PGY-2 spots (to begin this summer) in the SW? I would love to possibly try and transfer. Anything to help bring about my spouse's ability to chase down their dreams would make me quite happy. I am portable and would definately transfer if there were any way. As it stands now, we would be a day's flight plus drive apart if I don't transfer, versus a short flight if I could move to the SW.

I know it's a long shot, but thought I would ask here first before calling programs up myself.

Thanks!

PS:
I am a regular poster to these forums who has decided to assume a new user name and retire my old name. I wasn't truly anonymous with my old user name, so I have created a new one. As I do really enjoy my current program, I want this post to be anonymous!

Members don't see this ad.