Oncology Care Model

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMres85

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this? Some practices I am considering are using this model

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any experience with this? Some practices I am considering are using this model

It’s an alternative payment model where you assume downside risk for the patients you care for. Your paid a lump sum for the care.

Basically anything bad happens to your patient or they are high risk from the get go it’s gonna cost you.

Terrible model

Reactions: 1 user
Seen primary care practices do this but not heard of any Hematology Oncology ones, seems illogical for our field?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seen primary care practices do this but not heard of any Hematology Oncology ones, seems illogical for our field?

Yes seems like the risks would be very high. I know very little if it which is why I ask but from reading I’m not sure why a practice would willingly participate

Yes seems like the risks would be very high. I know very little if it which is why I ask but from reading I’m not sure why a practice would willingly participate

Participation is involuntary in some not all of these schemes