Recent CMS payment model; how it effects Oncology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD46

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going through the news recently and this popped up. Tried to do my own search but didn't get a clear answer.
Was wondering how this will effect reimbursements in the near future. Good or Bad for us Oncologists?

Members don't see this ad.

My guess looking over it would be

-Bad for private practice (extra regulations/boxes to check and staff needed to jump through hoops)

-Good for administrators (bonus payments for making your staff jump through hoops and click boxes)

-Neutral for employed docs (I doubt admin shares any extra money with the docs)

My favorite part is the
  • Requiring participating providers to develop plans showing how they will address health equity gaps in their patient population.
As if health equity gaps are somehow the physicians’ responsibility to fix and not a societal issue that would fall under the functions of a government.

Reactions: 1 user
My guess looking over it would be

-Bad for private practice (extra regulations/boxes to check and staff needed to jump through hoops)

-Good for administrators (bonus payments for making your staff jump through hoops and click boxes)

-Neutral for employed docs (I doubt admin shares any extra money with the docs)

My favorite part is the
  • Requiring participating providers to develop plans showing how they will address health equity gaps in their patient population.
As if health equity gaps are somehow the physicians’ responsibility to fix and not a societal issue that would fall under the functions of a government.

Medicare and admins do live free work

Members don't see this ad :)