OMS Post Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pixel Perfect

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have made this post in another thread but no body replied to me so I though I could start a new one. I copied my post to here so here it goes:
Its my first time applying to OMS residency. like everybody else, I have submitted my ranking list and now waiting for the big day. I'm hoping for the best, but I want to be prepared if the 25th of Jan was not on my side. How do I plan my next move? How do you apply for those unfilled post match positions? and if that didn't work, where can I find a list of programs that offer one year internship? are programs contacted directly for the internship? can I forward my application to them from pass? most importantly, am I going to be flying around the country for interviews again? or interviews are not necessary for internships? I feel that am completely lost if the first shot doesn't workout. please help .. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure you apply directly to the program for internship positions. As far as post-match, Natmatch posts the unmatched programs mid-day on match day sometime (They usually specify the time in the email they send you I believe).

As far as interviewing, I've heard both ways. Some programs want you to fly out and interview, some might hand out acceptances over the phone.

thanks armorshell.. but do you know where can I find a list of programs offering internship opportunities? like the list of programs in the pass website?

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a stickied thread at the top of this forum that has some more recent posting in it. Searching the AAOMS career line will turn up some more.

Remember all those packets you mailed in to each program? Board scores, Transcripts, LOR, Etc. Have a few ready to mail just in case, and call each open program immediately. Internships open up to, and they might want it also. Good luck

Remember all those packets you mailed in to each program? Board scores, Transcripts, LOR, Etc. Have a few ready to mail just in case, and call each open program immediately. Internships open up to, and they might want it also. Good luck

You need to have some ready to mail, but even more importantly, you need to have a set of all of that stuff ready to FAX to programs or e-mail via attachments/PDF files etc... Be prepared for long waits while faxing though, as there will be people all of the country trying to fax their stuff. Just have everything ready to go by noon, check the list and start faxing and picking up the phone. Good luck.

Thank you everybody for the replies. I Hope I don't need to get into that though :scared: