OMFS hopeful that failed endo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogecointothemoon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a current D2 about to be a D3 OMFS hopeful. I already took the CBSE and got an 85+. I just failed endo practical lab because all of our grade was based off of one practical, and lets just say gutta percha was flying out of that tooth... Up until this point I have been on the Dean's list, received multiple academic scholarships, current and past club leadership (club president, Vice President, ect.), tutor for foundational courses and oral pathology, and other activities. This seems like kind of a fluke and is honestly a huge bummer. I am at a P/F/H school that is notoriously hard... Has anyone been in this same boat and have some good advice.

I certainly don't want an OS program to look at my transcript and define me as the kid that failed endo or anything at that matter. I understand it is on the transcript now but I would much rather have it be something that they see not as a defining moment but as a refining moment.

Members don't see this ad.

You are in a great spot application wise. It feels like a big deal now, but in reality it will be little more than a footnote. I would be prepared to talk about that failure (why it happened, how you responded, what you learned from it) and focus on keeping something similar from happening again. Best of luck in bouncing back and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is a lot easier to do root canal therapy when you’re holding a tooth in your hand.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users