This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nonamed123

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to becoming an OMFS, that’s the reason I got into dentistry in the first place. Now I’m in third year and I almost feel like I’ll never make to to OMFS.
I was wondering if an OMFS resident at UofToronto could help me navigate through this process? What activities or stuff in general do I need on my resume to stand out as an applicant?
I’ve still got loads of time and I really want to invest my remaining time at dental school to make my profile strong for OMFS. Any advice would be highly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang is it too late for me to apply to a Canadian program? Lol the CBSE is gonna be years of fun studying for

University of Toronto does not require the CBSE, McGill does tho. Almost all programs in Canada will take someone who's done a non-cat year over a fresh one out of dental school, so it's internship + your grades/ECs + externships that are looked at more heavily in Canada.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe you have, but you may have better luck by posting this question into the dental thread or even the dental residents/practitioners rather then pre-dental

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe you have, but you may have better luck by posting this question into the dental thread or even the dental residents/practitioners rather then pre-dental
oops I didn't realise this, sorry!