Okaps correlation with Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dapathguy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

As you already know this year's Okaps have come and gone. I am wondering if anyone has any data about Okaps score (percentile or raw) and first-time passing on the WQE? For example, people that score above 70 percentile tend to pass on the first try? Is the WQE the same difficulty as the okaps in your experience? Also, I have read several threads about the way to prepare, but if anyone wants to chime in on their experience I would be very grateful. Thanks for the responses in advance. Have a good week.

Members don't see this ad.

This post should help. It summarizes the studies that I have heard of. None of them look at a specific percentile. Basically passing was considered above 30% OKAPS. Passing every year of OKAPS was correlated with passing the WQE. Your final year OKAPS seems to be the most correlated, which makes sense.

Anecdotally, the difficulty of the questions was comparable. I would say that there is probably little or less correlation between the OKAPS and the oral boards. They are completely different in style, and the assessment is also different.