Ok with not prescribing OCPs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would like to point out that not all ICU patients are on deaths door....in fact many of them would probably survive (at least temporarily) if you were to withdraw support. Many of them would survive long term probably, although the outcome would probably be less than optimal.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it is. The situation precludes the belief that killing someone is wrong- I don't believe in hunting people for sport or for my own amusement, but I have zero qualms with killing anyone and everyone who is a clear and present danger to myself and/or those around me. That is the essence of moral relativism in that the situation dictates what is morally correct.

You make the distinction yourself between killing an innocent person (aka murder) and killing someone in the act of self-defense. These are two different actions. In the case of self-defense, the killing is an unintended effect of your defending yourself. Shall we digress any further from the issue of contraception?

I don't have a problem with you not wanting to do it. I think you're letting your beliefs cloud your judgment but I figure if you want to serve those others who think like you do, more power to you. What I do have a problem with is your blind allegiance and fervent disregard for the rights of those who dissent from your stated viewpoint.

Judgement is made on the basis of one's beliefs/values/etc. You do the same thing as me. We simply differ in our beliefs. The difference is that you argue as if what you say is true while simultaneously trying to defend relativism. A more consistant approach may be to recognize that SOME things are relative and some are not. Then try to determine what the basis is of those things that are not relative. Perhaps it's something higher than yourself.

BTW, since your definition of truth comes from the Bible, should it be capitalized? In the sense of "The Truth, The Way, The Light"? :laugh: You apprarently pay me more heed than you would like to believe in that you take the time to feebly attempt to refute my statements.

My definition of truth comes from reason. My belief that Jesus Christ is the fullness of truth comes from faith.

In any case, I feel that you are welcome to your opinions about OCP's, etc. I just don't think you're going to provide good medical care with good informed consent to your patients if you don't give them the opportunity to seek those other treatments which you personally are not in favor of, and explain them in an unbiased manner as part of the "alternative treatments" part of the informed consent process.

Patients can be informed that those options exist and they can also be informed that I don't offer them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Judgement is made on the basis of one's beliefs/values/etc.

Precisely, but I refuse to let my religious beliefs (and by the way, I am a practicing Christian, Episcopalian to be specific) obtusely jade my patient care decisions.

Patients can be informed that those options exist and they can also be informed that I don't offer them.

So long as you make that clear and don't hinder your patients in seeking out providers who do provide those options, then I have no further problem with your approach. I apologize for the digression on my part.

Precisely, but I refuse to let my religious beliefs (and by the way, I am a practicing Christian, Episcopalian to be specific) obtusely jade my patient care decisions.

Ha ha, that's ridiculous. Do you let your religious beliefs "obtusely jade" your decision not to run over old ladies crossing the street?

Me personally I'm a strict Southern Baptist, but I don't let that get in the way of my job: selling heroin.

Ha ha, that's ridiculous. Do you let your religious beliefs "obtusely jade" your decision not to run over old ladies crossing the street?

Me personally I'm a strict Southern Baptist, but I don't let that get in the way of my job: selling heroin.
Ah, well I bet that pays better than your day job of being a pretentious little prick.