OK, who just certified and submitted their ERAS app online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Blade28

And what else did you have sent? USMLE transcript? PS? Anyone have their letters scanned in yet?

I think I applied to WAY too many programs. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I did. :)

I only applied to one program, though. I didn't want to risk it if one of the LORs didn't make it there.

My LORs say "not uploaded". It says it can take up to 24 hours.

BK

I just blew it up for a grand total of 49 programs- everything submitted except LoR, waiting on the school to scan those in.

Ooh, I did, I did! CAF and profile only for now.

I submitted everything so far. The only things that have been uploaded to the post office are my personal statement, CAF. and profile. My step 1 score has not been uploaded yet - anyone else see this in their post office?

Submitted the CAF and USMLE transcript today. I want at least one more person to read my PS before I send it. Does everyone have letters already this early??

It's really annoying that you have to click "submit document" to every program individually. I wish there was an option to send a document to ALL programs!!

With the NRMP registration, ERAS, and Qbank, my credit card bill is gonna be scary this month! :scared:

Yeah, I had to click "send" to assign my USMLE scores to all of my programs. VERY annoying. :(

Just the CAF and USMLE for me so far, too.

I have four letters so far, and two have been uploaded to the post office already. My obsessive-compulsive nature thrives at times like this.

stormjen said:
I have four letters so far, and two have been uploaded to the post office already. My obsessive-compulsive nature thrives at times like this.

How do you know that they were uploaded?

damn, that was intimidating. "we highly recommend you check for any errors or omissions" every time you did a page. makes me feel like I just took a major, irrevocable step in my life ... oh wait, I DID ...

good luck everyone!

Blade28 said:
Why only one program? What didn't you want to risk?

I'm beginning to think it works different for us IMGs. This is what they tell us (it's probably different for you AMGs):

1. Apply for your Token.
2. Register at MyERAS.
3. Send your documents to ECFMG.
4. Apply to at least one program - after the ERAS PostOffice has opened.
5. Check the Applicant Document Tracking System (ADTS) a few days later to make sure that we have transmitted your documents to that program.
6. If everything is OK, apply to the rest of your programs.
7. Follow the progress of your documents on ADTS by clicking on "Track Documents."
As you track the progress of your documents, please bear in mind the following:
There will always be an overnight delay before we can transmit any documents, even if they have been scanned into your file already.
We have to wait for you to apply; on the day following your application, we will know where to send your documents.
This 24 hour delay affects everybody, including applicants from US medical schools.

-----------

We have to send our stuff off to Philadelphia, remember? There's no way of knowing if some guy named Mike isn't spilling coffee on my LORs right now.

Just playing it safe is all.

BK

Ah, weird. No, I understand the 24-hour delay (am still waiting for my USMLE transcript to be sent, but my profile/CAF went through quickly), was just wondering why you had to "test" out one residency application first.

pikachu said:
damn, that was intimidating. "we highly recommend you check for any errors or omissions" every time you did a page. makes me feel like I just took a major, irrevocable step in my life ... oh wait, I DID ...

good luck everyone!

Yeah, it was stressful. I think I double-checked my CAF 8-10 times...then again, I actually changed a character or two 3-4 times. :)

stormjen said:

Nice. :thumbup:

BellKicker said:
How do you know that they were uploaded?

Under "Track Applications" it shows you which documents have been uploaded by your Dean's Office as well as which programs have already downloaded them.

Wow. My medschool rocks. They have everything uploaded including LORs, transcipts. Only thing missing is the MSPE that goes out 11/1/04. Cool.

NF

stormjen said:
Under "Track Applications" it shows you which documents have been uploaded by your Dean's Office as well as which programs have already downloaded them.

Ok, now I'm officially worried.

Arh, not really. I'll give it the aforementioned 24 hours.

I'm in for 20 programs. I submitted my CAF, Profile, and PS today. No LOR's scanned, and no USMLE showing up yet. I fully expect an inbox full of interview offers by tomorrow;)

I sent mine this morning. Havent checked to see if anything has been uploaded. Still waiting on one LOR to be recieved in student affairs. PS was done and sent. Man this S^&* is intimidating!!!

Yup I certified this morning. PS, profile, and common app was instantly uploaded. Later this PM, my usmle transcript went online. And at dinner, one of my LOR was uploaded. And I've been spending most of the day checking out to see which programs have downloaded my file. It's like you get the same feeling just as you're asking someone out on a date. Ifeel like a creepy voyeur :oops:

Count me in! I applied to 15 places (will do maybe 5-8 more later)...

For those DO students out there who are applying through ERAS, are you submitting your USMLE scores and COMLEX? I did way better on COMLEX, did barely average on Step 1 USMLE, but took Step 2 this past August. Still waiting for scores. Any advice on whether I should submit all of the above? Am applying for EM residencies. Also what is the deal with the automatic retransmission of scores for the USMLE?

Amy said:
Anyone know if programs offer interviews without any letters?

I've been told that several offer interviews w/o LOR's and many, many offer interviews w/o the MSPE/Dean's Letter.

Help, I can't stop looking at ERAS. How am I supposed to study for Step 2 under these conditions? This is excruciating. Why don't I have any interview offers yet? lol

How long did it take for people to have their USMLE scores uploaded? I still don't see mine and I certified yesterday.

Most pre-Deans letter offers come in the relatively non-competitive fields like peds, IM, FP, OB. I think last year that it took at least 2 weeks for my friends applying in these fields to get any offers.

C

So we can apply to our programs even though our LOR's are not all in???? Sorry for the question but my last LOR is about a week or two away from arriving and I'm like the rest of you, VERY ANXIOUS!!! :oops:

thanks for any help and Good LUCK in the process,

pikachu said:
How long did it take for people to have their USMLE scores uploaded? I still don't see mine and I certified yesterday.

Less than 24 hours for my Step 1 and Step 2 scores to be uploaded.

Still not seeing mine OR my LORs.......

Hmmm...maybe takes longer if you're out of the country?

Not sure why this is...you're waiting for both Step 1 and Step 2?

I'm in the US, LCME allopathic senior applicant, so nothing special there - only have step 1 at this point. I didn't check the automatic send option, could this have something to do with it? at what point should I get in touch with eras????

HeyDoc said:
So we can apply to our programs even though our LOR's are not all in???? Sorry for the question but my last LOR is about a week or two away from arriving and I'm like the rest of you, VERY ANXIOUS!!! :oops:

thanks for any help and Good LUCK in the process,

This question has been answered countless times. All you need to submit your application is the CAF. You send all the documents (USMLE transcript, LOR, PS, etc) separately.

ERAS has tons of info on their website about the application process. I suggest reading it.

Blade28 said:
Less than 24 hours for my Step 1 and Step 2 scores to be uploaded.

Less than 24 for me too. So I am seing 2 USMLE transcripts on the application tracking for every program. Is one Step 1 and the other Step 2?
After 26 hours half of the 25 programs I applied to have downloaded my info. It seems the smaller programs are checking things out first, anyone else see a similar corelation?

Blade28 said:
Hmmm...maybe takes longer if you're out of the country?

Not sure why this is...you're waiting for both Step 1 and Step 2?

I only have Step 1 so far. I dunno, I think it's an IMG thing. They are probably backed up at ecfmg (our Dean's office) with like 10,000 IMGs all applying the same day.

jmattwilson said:
After 26 hours half of the 25 programs I applied to have downloaded my info.

:eek:

One of my friends just asked me this, and I don't remember how it worked: If you have applied to some programs after having submitted your common application file with no letters of rec scanned, do programs download your CAF first, and download the other documents as they become available, or do they just wait until your app is complete before downloading?

As I understand it they download your file as each piece gets uploaded onto the system, that way it stops their inbox or whatever it is from getting too clogged. But don't worry i gather most people have this bit by bit approach.

Try not to panic everyone, there's a long way to go yet!

DrIng said:
As I understand it they download your file as each piece gets uploaded onto the system, that way it stops their inbox or whatever it is from getting too clogged. But don't worry i gather most people have this bit by bit approach.

I agree with the above, from what I have seen already

Some of the programs I've applied to (maybe a third of them) have already downloaded the CAF. Several more have also downloaded my two USMLE scores. Other programs haven't downloaded anything yet.

I feel like a freak, I applied to 66 programs. But then again, I'm neurotic like that. Hurt the ol' pocketbook, though. :(

Blade28 said:
Some of the programs I've applied to (maybe a third of them) have already downloaded the CAF. Several more have also downloaded my two USMLE scores. Other programs haven't downloaded anything yet.

I feel like a freak, I applied to 66 programs. But then again, I'm neurotic like that. Hurt the ol' pocketbook, though. :(

WOW! What specialty(ies)???

Yeah, wow!

I'm applying to 25 programs (so far, anyway).

Blade28 said:

Man, and I thought 30 was a lot! I must be a slacker. How many interviews do you plan on going to?

Most programs have thier computers set to automatically download any new files on a daily or weekly basis. So send it what you have and they will get your LORs and USMLE's as soon as they come in. Some programs will send out interview invites with just CAF and USLMLE and others are strict about waiting for the MSPE.

Pelivar

Pelivar said:
Most programs have thier computers set to automatically download any new files on a daily or weekly basis. So send it what you have and they will get your LORs and USMLE's as soon as they come in. Some programs will send out interview invites with just CAF and USLMLE and others are strict about waiting for the MSPE.

Pelivar

That's interesting.

Half my programs have downloaded without the usmle transcript. I guess I shouldn't worry too much about that.

Amy said:
Man, and I thought 30 was a lot! I must be a slacker. How many interviews do you plan on going to?

As many as possible. :) I'm flying from Hawaii, though, so it's going to cost a lot. :( (Hopefully I can group together all my West Coast interviews into one trip, and ditto for the East Coast programs I applied to.)

I'm just worried because General Surgery got so competitive last year...I think apps were up 20% (probably due to the new 80-hour workweek limitations).

73 ... including prelims. $1035!!!

Geez. Only 1 LOR is in.

Damn, I hope this works out.

Simul