Ok - here's another split decision: CCOM or DMU??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dancing Nancie

MCW class of 2007
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK - I'm really fortunate and got into 2 schools that I love! But, how to choose? Any advice, anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm clearly pro DMU, but even without that, go DMU. CCOM is a great school, but it is in Chicago. Some people like the huge busy city, not me. Des Moines is just the right size. It is big enough to have a lot of nice resturants and plenty of malls, but small enough not to have all that horrible traffic of Chicago. I have not been to CCOM so I can't compare the two schools, but I can say DMU is putting a lot of money into the campus right now, it is going to even better than it is now.

Just to clear up the misconception...CCOM is not actually in the city of Chicago, but rather the fairly affluent suburb of Downers Grove. The Loop (central downtown) is about a 25 minute drive. So, I wouldn't worry about having to deal with the traffic of the city on a regular basis, at least for your first 2 years. I really think this is the best setup, because you are far enough to not have to deal with the hassles of city life but you can easily get there on weekends/breaks/etc.

And, since you already have some encouragement to go to DMU, I'll just put out my recommendation to come to CCOM! I love it here and would be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Good luck, you're in a great situation either way.

MS-1
Midwestern University/CCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
CCOM and DMU are both good schools. It will be a hard decision to choose between the two if you ask me. However, I would advise you to choose the one that suit you the most in turns of your own desires such as location and others. I can really tell you much about DMU since my interview is going to be on January, but I can definitely tell you something about CCOM. CCOM is a small school, but I think they are under a project of new expansion. Most of the facilities are newly built. Students and faculties are very friendly. To be honest, I felt very much like at home when I was there for the interview early november. Midwestern doctors are highly respected in Chicagoland. If you like new campus and quiet environment, Midwestern is definitely the place for you. Although I was placed on the waitlist there after the interview, I would not try to perusade you to give up the spot for my sake. I wish the best for the school that I applied to even if I will not be accepted there. Whatever choice you choose, I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Thanks for your input, guys! I really appreciate your help & opinions!

Best wishes to all!
:clap: