Ohio State University or University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reiksnza

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ohio State University SOP or University of Washington SOP? anyone have a suggestion?

Members don't see this ad.

id vote washington; better medical complex/clinical opportunities, better city/weather/quality of life.

Members don't see this ad :)
id vote washington; better medical complex/clinical opportunities, better city/weather/quality of life.

I was at interview at OHIO, I really like there. and I went with my boyfriend to uw for medical school interview, I wasnt impress at all. I would vote for OHIO. and washington rains a lot (LOT)) I was accepted to ohio, and I think I am going there. remember, OHIO has the most comprehensive academic medical center in the country.

wmw, I dont think you know much about these two cities and two schools. so I dont think you have a say.

I was at interview at OHIO, I really like there. and I went with my boyfriend to uw for medical school interview, I wasnt impress at all. I would vote for OHIO. and washington rains a lot (LOT)) I was accepted to ohio, and I think I am going there. remember, OHIO has the most comprehensive academic medical center in the country.

wmw, I dont think you know much about these two cities and two schools. so I dont think you have a say.

I didn't realize that Ohio University has such a good pharmacy school. I'm sure you'll have a great time being a Bobcat!

OSU does have the most comprehensive medical center in the country. Columbus has incredible opportunities, especially with the OSU hospitals, Mt. Carmel, Children's Hospital, VA Hospitals, Ohio Health, Cardinal Health and Medco all in Columbus. Moreover, the faculty at the COP routinely has some of the highest amounts of published papers in Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Products, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, etc.

I'm biased towards OSU simply because I'm doing undergrad there AND going to pharm school there in the fall but...

-Great medical campus, and building more as we speak. Just got a huge grant ($100 million, I think?)

- Faculty are AMAZING. They are so helpful, and that's just as an undergraduate.

- Lots of research opportunities.

- Great campus facilities: RPAC (giant gym), lots of on and off campus places to eat, brand new HUGE library, etc.

- In the heart of Columbus, which has a great nightlife.

-Cost of living is very low around here, especially if you have a roommate or are willing to live a bit further away from the University district.

- I have been an Ohioan all my life...people gripe about the weather, but the truth is we have cold winters, nice springs, cool falls, and HOT summers. Some people make it out like it's -20 here year round, which just isn't the case. In the summers it can range from the 70s to 90s.

-As far as the academics, they speak for themselves. I assume you have already weighed this factor between the two schools.

I don't know aything about UW, but OSU has a lot to offer. Here are some things other than the great PharmD education.

Largest comprehensive cancer center in the U.S.
In-state tuition for non-residents after the first year.
Access to shadowing/rotation opportunities at 6 hospitals in the med. center.
Rotation opportunities at the internationally-recognized Cleveland Clinic.
Options for a variety of joint degree programs.

I'm also slightly biased because I will probably be attending next year.