Ohio State MedPath 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineGirl12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anyone else been asked to fill an evaluation forum for the medpath program?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Has anyone else been asked to fill an evaluation forum for the medpath program?
Hi, yes. I got the email around 9:40 tonight, and have been reading about it ever since haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, did you all receive the email on the same day, 11/21?

Graduate degree, military, and job performance. I just submitted. Going to try to forget about it, so I don't start stalking my Vitals again. Good luck every one.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the " what coursework do you think would be most beneficial, if repeated" question, did you guys just list the classes? Or y'all answered with paragraphs?

For the " what coursework do you think would be most beneficial, if repeated" question, did you guys just list the classes? Or y'all answered with paragraphs?
I'd probably expand with some additional paragraphs because the limit for that particular response is roughly 2000 characters, if I'm not mistaken.

Hey all! I'm a current M2 who went through medpath. If you have any questions post or PM and I'll be glad to answer them. Good luck 2all!

Reactions: 1 users

Definitely answer with paragraphs but you don't need to be too wordy. Just give a short explanation...did you do poorly the first time you took the class? Has it been a long time since you last took it? A general good answer would be to address your weaknesses for the MCAT.

Every year it's usually around 100 invites give or take
I very much appreciate you reaching out. Hopefully M2 year is going well... just about halfway there!

100 invites isn't too shabby. I wonder how many of the invites are actually completed? Either way, sounds like there's certainly hope for us!

When you complete the program, do you have to take a gap year afterwards or do you get accepted to start med school the same year you finish MEDPATH?
You start med school right after you finish MEDPATH if you meet all the requirements.

Hi everyone. I just sent my MEDPATH app in yesterday. I'm from Miami :D
Good luck to all of us

Well the application is officially closed. Let the waiting begin! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys goodluck. I'm going to email or call to verify but does anyone know if you can retake the MCAT before the program to avoid having to take it in the spring?

Hey guys goodluck. I'm going to email or call to verify but does anyone know if you can retake the MCAT before the program to avoid having to take it in the spring?
No, but that is a good question. I feel like it's a part of their program though but I hope she says we can take it before. That'd be awesome!

No, but that is a good question. I feel like it's a part of their program though but I hope she says we can take it before. That'd be awesome!

I got that impression too. It would make the year a lot less stressful and we could focus on maybe extra classes, research, etc. instead. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Texas Resident here! Really hoping to get into this program, as I think the only thing holding me back from other admissions is my MCAT score!
Does anybody know what the selection criteria is for interviews and acceptance into the MedPath program? :)

I got that impression too. It would make the year a lot less stressful and we could focus on maybe extra classes, research, etc. instead. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Heard back from Nikki and no scores post Sept 2017 will be considered for the program. So you have to retake the MCAT during the program.

Hey all! I'm a current M2 who went through medpath. If you have any questions post or PM and I'll be glad to answer them. Good luck 2all!
What type of student would you say that the medpath program looks for?

Hey guys! I also applied back in November. I'm from North Carolina and I'm really hoping to get into this program! :D

Hi guys applied in January. I'm from Atlanta!

I was also curious, so I emailed Nikki; however, I've yet to get a response. If/when she does, I'll be sure to update here.
Hey! Did Nikki ever respond to you about how many applications the received?

Did anybody else's Vital get updated this past week? Mine said it was updated yesterday... don't know if that's good or bad lol
I just checked mine. It was updated yesterday as well at 11:27am

Do you guys think this means they are about to make interview decisions soon?
I hope so. The wait is killing me lol. I just hope it's good news soon!

Do you guys think this means they are about to make interview decisions soon?

Yeah I think we might be finding out pretty early in March- I was scared it would be late March