**Official Thread** Cal State Fullerton (CSUF) Post-Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I got in today!

Congrats!!! Wishing you all the best. I confirmed my slot at USC a couple of days ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I got in today!
Congratulations!! PM me if you have any questions.
If I don’t respond right away, it’s because I’m studying for 3 finals right now haha

Hi everyone!

I’m a career changer looking to get into CSUF Pre Health Post Bacc next year.

I did my undergrad at CSUF (Business Marketing) 3.22 cumulative GPA. Is this competitive at all for this program?

Currently trying to get weekend volunteering opportunities and shadowing time with Dentists.. I work full-time so it’s difficult to get volunteering/shadowing during the week.

Let me know what you guys think!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

idk if anyone is going to reply to this tread anymore, but I'm applying to the post bacc program this cycle. I'm really nervous about it because I'm afraid the other applicants are more competitive than I am. So far I have volunteering experience at a children's hospital in which I have been there for about 6 months so far, and I am a flying sam member so I volunteer in Mexico once a month. In the beginning of my college career, I started off bad, getting B's and C's. Then in the past three years, I turned my grades around and got a lot of A's and some B's and a couple of C's. My overall gpa is a 3.3. Do you think I am a competitive candidate and would get accepted to this program? For anyone who got accepted, what did your resume look like? Did you have a lot of volunteering experience or any other extra-curricular activities?

I think you're a great candidate. I highly suggest you apply and be confident!

A lot of schools (and I'm sure this program) are more holistic in their consideration. You show an upward trend which is really good. Keep it up if you get in and you'll be a strong applicant.

Thank you! I hope they think so as well. I already submitted my application so I'm just waiting to hear back now. From reading other peoples messages on here, I might have to wait till May to hear back so now its just the waiting game lol. How are the professors that you took in this program?

It's been a few years since I was in the program, but everyone in the chemistry department at least is amazing. These will be the people teaching you Ochem, probably one of the more important (and harder) classes. I already had a few other requirements done prior to attending. I don't remember much of my Bio professors but I don't remember having any problem with anyone there.

Parking sucks though so prepare to come to school early.

Yea I’m not looking forward to ochem. If I hear back from them I’ll let you know and hopefully it’ll be soon lol

Yea I’m not looking forward to ochem. If I hear back from them I’ll let you know and hopefully it’ll be soon lol
Hi! I submitted my application early this February. I'm waiting too and hope we hear back from them soon lol!

Hi! I submitted my application early this February. I'm waiting too and hope we hear back from them soon lol!
Hi! I still haven’t heard back yet and I haven’t had my emails answered either so I’m guessing they must not be looking at applications yet? Hopefully we do hear back soon. This waiting game is stressing me out lol

Does anyone know if CSU Fullerton's post bac program will accept me as an academic enhancer? I read online that its only career changers or academic finishers. I graduated with a degree in biology with cGPA of 3.3, so I'm looking for a post bac program to boost my GPA before applying to med school. I hope they can accommodate me as an exception

Hello guys,

I have a quick question to ask. I got accepted at the interview a few weeks ago, but haven't received the official acceptance email/letter ever since then. I checked on my student portal everyday and didn't see any changes there either. So I wonder if anyone have received the official acceptance letter yet?

Hello guys,

I have a quick question to ask. I got accepted at the interview a few weeks ago, but haven't received the official acceptance email/letter ever since then. I checked on my student portal everyday and didn't see any changes there either. So I wonder if anyone have received the official acceptance letter yet?

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one. I'm in the same situation as you and I've been doing the same thing. I was told that I was accepted, but I have not received anything official as of yet. I guess we will just have to wait until we hear back from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input! Such a relief to know that I am not alone lol! I think more likely we won't hear anything official until May because the application deadline for this cycle is on 04/26. Let's wait and I'll let you guys know as soon as I receive anything official.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys!

I had my interview around the second week of March as well! It took about 2-3 weeks, but I got an admissions offer from Cal State Fullerton in my regular email (the one I used in my application). I went on to the student portal, and my application status had changed to accepted- I paid the $250 deposit. I haven’t received any official letter from Brandy herself, however. I’m assuming she must be really busy, or they are sending them in May?

Hope this helps :)

Hey Guys! I just got the official acceptance email from csuf. Hope you all get it too.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I found out that I am on the waitlist for this years cycle. I was wondering if anyone on here was accepted into the program when they were placed on the waitlist?

Has anyone that's been accepted received an update or orientation date?

I haven't received any updates!

Has anyone received anything about financial aid? I emailed the advisor and she said the financial aid rewards should be up in mid-May. I guess it could be anytime now?

Hi everyone!

I'm also applying for this year's cycle and have my interview next week! Since it's been a couple years since it's been asked, how long were your interviews and what are they mainly asking about? Also, did most of you receive acceptance at the interview? Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!

Hi everyone!

I'm also applying for this year's cycle and have my interview next week! Since it's been a couple years since it's been asked, how long were your interviews and what are they mainly asking about? Also, did most of you receive acceptance at the interview? Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!

Hey! If you haven't had your interview yet, it's not bad at all. I think my interview was about 15 minutes. She'll ask you why do you want to go into the field you want to go in, tell me about yourself, what do you like to do for fun, whats your plan b, and she asked about the things I put in my application like my volunteering and work experiences. She was looking at my transcripts as she was interviewing me so she talked about my grades for a little. I wasn't accepted during my interview but a few people on here were accepted during their interview. I'm on the waitlist so I'm waiting to hear back soon hopefully. Good luck!

Hey! If you haven't had your interview yet, it's not bad at all. I think my interview was about 15 minutes. She'll ask you why do you want to go into the field you want to go in, tell me about yourself, what do you like to do for fun, whats your plan b, and she asked about the things I put in my application like my volunteering and work experiences. She was looking at my transcripts as she was interviewing me so she talked about my grades for a little. I wasn't accepted during my interview but a few people on here were accepted during their interview. I'm on the waitlist so I'm waiting to hear back soon hopefully. Good luck!

Are you still waitlisted for this program? When are you supposed to hear back about your status? Best of luck to you and congrats to those of you who were accepted.

Hey !
I'm very interested in applying to this program for the next period (Fall 2020) - can anyone enlighten me on how they did their Pre-Calculus/Chemistry prerequisites? I'm aiming for online courses but it's been quite confusing in finding a credible/affordable online course to pursue.

Hey !
I'm very interested in applying to this program for the next period (Fall 2020) - can anyone enlighten me on how they did their Pre-Calculus/Chemistry prerequisites? I'm aiming for online courses but it's been quite confusing in finding a credible/affordable online course to pursue.
I took my Chemistry prerequisite through BYU online. It was the cheapest online program I could find and it was pretty easy. It's the CHEM 100 Elementary Chemistry course. I'm sure they have a pre-calculus class as well, though I can't speak from experience since I had already taken Calculus in my undergraduate.

Hi! Anyone who have applied this year hear back yet? I submitted my application late January.

Hi! Anyone who have applied this year hear back yet? I submitted my application late January.
Hello! I applied in April and I just got an interview for next week. Have you interviewed or heard back yet? If so, have you found out if you were accepted/waitlisted?

Hello, I also have an interview scheduled for tomorrow. I applied a week before the deadline. I heard it's a pretty relaxed format, so I'm hoping I do well.

Hello, I also have an interview scheduled for tomorrow. I applied a week before the deadline. I heard it's a pretty relaxed format, so I'm hoping I do well.
I applied on 2/28. I had gotten email saying lookout for the next step which was on 4/06 but not have heard from them since. When did you get your interview email? I'm starting to get worried at this point.

I applied on 2/28. I had gotten email saying lookout for the next step which was on 4/06 but not have heard from them since. When did you get your interview email? I'm starting to get worried at this point.
Hi I got my email within 2 weeks. I would email the program and ask if there is a status update for your application. Good luck!

Hi I got my email within 2 weeks. I would email the program and ask if there is a status update for your application. Good luck!
I sent them an email today. Hopefully, they can give me an update soon. How did your interview go?

I sent them an email today. Hopefully, they can give me an update soon. How did your interview go?
Interview was chill. Almost too chill? Like they asked pretty generic questions. You can PM me for deets

Interview was chill. Almost too chill? Like they asked pretty generic questions. You can PM me for deets
Hi, your profile is private so I cant DM lol. But when you log into CSUF student portal, does it say college transcript initiated? They said they have received all of my college transcripts, yet it still says transcript on to-do list on the portal.

Hi, your profile is private so I cant DM lol. But when you log into CSUF student portal, does it say college transcript initiated? They said they have received all of my college transcripts, yet it still says transcript on to-do list on the portal.
I went to two schools for undergrad. Both of them say initiated on the CSUF portal. Also, they emailed me for unofficial transcripts after I submitted my app.

Interviewed a couple weeks back and never heard back so I contacted them. Unfortunately, I'm on the waitlist. I was accepted to another school but it's very expensive so I'm weighing my options rn.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Has anyone been accepted to this program? Im still on the waitlist unfortunately but I'm wondering how large their Fall 2020 class is.

Hi all,

Did anyone get accepted to CSUF's post-baccalaureate program?

Hi all,

Did anyone get accepted to CSUF's post-baccalaureate program?
I was waitlisted and I inquired about where I am on the waitlist. I'm not sure how many they're accepting for fall 2020. I haven't met anyone who's applied and been accepted.

still waitlisted :(
Hey! I'm sorry to hear that. TBH I am confused af because they haven't contacted me since saying I was accepted off the waitlist--which was a week ago. Brandy said I'd get an email with my acceptance and codes to add classes this week. So far I have gotten nothing, and the portal stills says that no decision has been made for me.So very confusing. I am thinking with covid 19 things are slow, but it would be nice to know what's going on

Hey so I ended up declining the offer. After my acceptance (via phone call) in mid june, I didn't get an actual acceptance email (or update to my CSUF student account) until a month later. Kind of worried me that they would be significantly delayed like that given they told me I'd hear back the following week during the call.I hope whoever is on the waitlist is able to get into Fullerton. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know whether we need to submit both a resume and a CV when applying? or just a resume? Also, how many letters of recommendation did you guys end up submitting? Thank you for any responses in advance!!

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know whether we need to submit both a resume and a CV when applying? or just a resume? Also, how many letters of recommendation did you guys end up submitting? Thank you for any responses in advance!!
Hello! I got in to this program. I remember only submitting a resume I also had two recommendations--one from a doctor I worked for and another from my university professor.

Hello everyone!

Hello! I got in to this program. I remember only submitting a resume I also had two recommendations--one from a doctor I worked for and another from my university professor.

Hello mintydaisy13!

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Yes, I was just wondering because on the application there are two required slots for resume & CV lol. Thanks for clearing that up, I was worried about having to create a CV with no research experience. Wow, I wish I could get a doctor recommendation lol. Are you starting this Fall 2020? Im preparing to apply for next cycle Fall 2021.

Hello mintydaisy13!

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Yes, I was just wondering because on the application there are two required slots for resume & CV lol. Thanks for clearing that up, I was worried about having to create a CV with no research experience. Wow, I wish I could get a doctor recommendation lol. Are you starting this Fall 2020? Im preparing to apply for next cycle Fall 2021.
hello yes, I'm starting fall 2020 at another school actually. good luck in your application, and if you have any questions please let me know :D