Official StudySchedule Timeline Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studyschedule

Partner Organization
Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose of this page?

This page is intended for all discussions pertaining to StudySchedule's timeline. Questions such as:

1. I feel that StudySchedule is hard to keep up with. I think XYZ can improve it. Can you implement XYZ?
2. StudySchedule got my schedule all wrong. Help!?
3. I didn't even get through all my units at the end of the timeline. What?

What is StudySchedule?

StudySchedule is a nonprofit aimed to help students prepare for the MCAT's in a more streamlined fashion. The website is available at:

http://studyschedule.org

How can you help with the timeline?

Some users feel that StudySchedule is too slow. Others feel that it is too fast. We can't address everyone's concerns. As is, there is a question in the initial questionnaire that asks "What is your desired pace?". This question scales the timeline, and is fairly conservative.

These questions are then converted to a rough estimate of reading speed for a typical 600 word MCAT passage.

Generally, when there are timeline issues, go to http://studyschedule.org/settings and retake the questionnaire with a different pace.

For all timeline discussions, post suggestions and concerns here. To be helpful, please include relevant values summary from the settings page (notably, what you answered for the "desired pace" question).

Over time, your comments will help guide the improvement of StudySchedule's timeline recommendations.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi. I was behind my actual schedule by about two days, so I clicked on the feature that says that will accomodate my schedule. However, all my previous activities were deleted and now show as if I had a break day every day in the past week. What is worse is that I cannot reverse it and now it looks like i did not do anything for the past days and i cannot even see what I finished in case I want to review. Please HELP!

I am really sorry - I sent you a PM for some info to try and restore your schedule and will look into the issue that caused this.

Hi, i am having some issues with the calendar. I chose all the Kaplan material, aamc materials, and khan academy videos where it asks you for what material you have. It generated a schedule only with ExamKrackers material somehow. Another time i entered the same thing, in terms of materials i have to study, and it just gave me only Khan Academy videos throughout my schedule. Please assist. Thanks for your time!

Hi, i am having some issues with the calendar. I chose all the Kaplan material, aamc materials, and khan academy videos where it asks you for what material you have. It generated a schedule only with ExamKrackers material somehow. Another time i entered the same thing, in terms of materials i have to study, and it just gave me only Khan Academy videos throughout my schedule. Please assist. Thanks for your time!

Hey, PM me with you schedule settings. Go to "Settings" in upper right hand corner and just copy paste the text. Sorry about your issue and I will work on getting it resolved!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I set my break days to Tuesdays but the Timeline keeps setting them to Mondays.

Is this where I should file this bug? Thanks!

Earlier this today (11a wish) I adjusted my questionnaire. Now when I go to the timeline page all it shows is the "process, page will reload in 10-15 seconds..." blurb. It's been doing that for a few hours.

Earlier this today (11a wish) I adjusted my questionnaire. Now when I go to the timeline page all it shows is the "process, page will reload in 10-15 seconds..." blurb. It's been doing that for a few hours.

I am looking into this issue now. Thanks for reporting it.

Edit: We found the issue and it should be resolved. Please reach out to me if you are still having trouble.

Last edited:
@pizzadog , sorry to be a pest, but my timeline says it’s loading and never does. I tried adjusting my schudule and now the days are all messed up. Any progress on tracing the bug?

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great study tool this is! Thank you! I have a quick question regarding my study materials. I have the AAMC resources, and selected them, but they are not populating into my study schedule for some reason. Also - is there a particular order this schedule follows, or is randomly generated based on our survey answers? Thank you!

What a great study tool this is! Thank you! I have a quick question regarding my study materials. I have the AAMC resources, and selected them, but they are not populating into my study schedule for some reason. Also - is there a particular order this schedule follows, or is randomly generated based on our survey answers? Thank you!

Glad it is helping you! Materials are populated based on your survey answers and intrinsic rankings we have in our system from user feedback. The AAMC materials may not have all populated if your time budget wasn't large enough to accommodate them all. I am sending you a PM with some more info.

Just sent you a PM to figure out this issue.
I hate to keep bothering you about this, but it looks like the website is missing the AAMC materials. I have all the AAMC materials and the only one that shows up on the schedule is Exam one on the week of the exam. Please help adjust.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to keep bothering you about this, but it looks like the website is missing the AAMC materials. I have all the AAMC materials and the only one that shows up on the schedule is Exam one on the week of the exam. Please help adjust.

Hey, please PM me your settings so I can try and replicate the problem. Sorry you are running into issues.

Hey, please PM me your settings so I can try and replicate the problem. Sorry you are running into issues.
Just sent you a PM.

Attachments

• StudyScheduleTimeline.pdf
    78.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 7.53.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 7.53.23 PM.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hey, PM me with you schedule settings. Go to "Settings" in upper right hand corner and just copy paste the text. Sorry about your issue and I will work on getting it resolved!
Hi, all of the examkracker resources are not listed in the study schedule. i.e. 101 passages books

This schedule does not listen to any of the inputs I give it.

I rated physics as my hardest subject, yet I was given very few physics review topics.

I reset the schedule and changed difficulties but I was given the exact same schedule.

I stated I wanted around 2 hours of study per day but the work it gave me was about 6 hours of study per day and 4 if I rushed it.

I stated I would be studying for about 6 months but it generated a schedule that was only 3 months.