~~~ Official ROL 2011~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been meaning to say that I saw your picture on the wall at one of the places I interviewed at. I'm pretty sure I audibly gasped, "omg... celebrity sighting" to which everyone around me was like "WTF?". :laugh:

:laugh:

Are you sure?

My residency program had a long tradition of posting formal headshots of the Chief residents *until* my Chief year when they had some lame excuse about "not enough hall space anymore" or something.

I think they may have started it up again and there was a Chief the year following me who has the same last name and same first initial as I; could it have been her?

Don't recall taking any piccies for fellowship.

PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

i DON'T even know where to check if i matched. Is it just the NRMP page where you log-in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its the first page once you login, you also get it through email. good luck!!
3 more minutes

Yup. Good luck to all. The website's a slug now.

MATCHED!!!! :woot:

All of the places on my ROL sound amazing right now. One of them wanted me, and I shall return the love, even if it's 12 of 12.

Matched!! God is good. Can I get an Amen?

IMG here, fully matched into a categorical spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
matched in gen surg!! sweeeeeeet!! alright, time to move on. anyone know the best way to study for the absite?? and what scores do i need on the absite to match into pedi surg?!? oh god, i hope i match. soooooo nervous!!! what if i don't match in 4 years?! would i have to scramble into a peds intensive care fellowship or research?? i'm freaking out :eek:

really??? your thinking about fellowships from now?

oh god no, i'm just kidding. congrats to everyone that matched. hope to be working with some of you guys soon. here's to the guinnea pig class of "only 16 hour shifts because we would be too dangerous if we went any longer." I hope every residency class above us doesn't overly hate us for making their lives slightly more hectic because of that next year.

oh god no, i'm just kidding. congrats to everyone that matched. hope to be working with some of you guys soon. here's to the guinnea pig class of "only 16 hour shifts because we would be too dangerous if we went any longer." I hope every residency class above us doesn't overly hate us for making their lives slightly more hectic because of that next year.

Hopefully your residency co-workers will be mature enough to recognize this is the ACGME's doing and not yours. My program is starting our new schedule next month to get the kinks worked out before July 1 and specifically because my PD does not want anyone to feel, even sub-consciously, that the new schedule is the "fault" of the incoming intern class. If we've been living it for 3 months by the time ya'll come along hopefully that will deal with any remnants of resentment.

Congrats to all who matched!

Hopefully your residency co-workers will be mature enough to recognize this is the ACGME's doing and not yours. My program is starting our new schedule next month to get the kinks worked out before July 1 and specifically because my PD does not want anyone to feel, even sub-consciously, that the new schedule is the "fault" of the incoming intern class. If we've been living it for 3 months by the time ya'll come along hopefully that will deal with any remnants of resentment.

Congrats to all who matched!

That is brilliant. I wish all programs did that (or at least the program I matched at :smuggrin:)

I just got an email from beth israel-NYC that they just opened up a new position. If anyone out there didn't match, you should apply for a spot over there.

To be honest, I really loved this program. Anybody who ends up matching here in the scramble will be incredibly lucky

By the way, does anybody know which programs went unfilled?

Delurking now that I've matched. (Well, that notification was yesterday, but yeah.) We'll see where, of course, on Thursday, but it's nice to know that I managed to match in my early 30s with kids and a crappy step 1.

Oh yeah, and I do believe I saw the same "celebrity" photo as Severus did on the interview trail and had the same thought.

Anyway, I think I'll be happy anywhere on my list, seeing as I get to do surgery!

Oh yeah, and I do believe I saw the same "celebrity" photo as Severus did on the interview trail and had the same thought.

:laugh:

Sorry to disappoint but that photo is not of me, but a resident finishing the year after me with the same last name and same first initial.

I sent Sev a photo of her and it was felt that it was the person I referenced and not me. She and I do have the same hair color and are both Californians, but our similarities end there (ie, skin tone, facial structure, style of dress, etc are very different).

So not "celebrity" sightings for you two.

OMG, I matched into a categorical general surgery spot! I'm so happy! I tried to not get too excited about general surgery and plan too far ahead into the future in case it didn't happen. Now to find out where! :D

OMG, I matched into a categorical general surgery spot! I'm so happy! I tried to not get too excited about general surgery and plan too far ahead into the future in case it didn't happen. Now to find out where! :D

Congrats, LifetimeDoc!! I remember chillin in pre-allo with you ages ago. :thumbup:

Congratulations to everybody who matched

Two days late, but I matched as well!
Can it be tomorrow, yet?! Time has stopped!

Matched cathegorical general surgery:)

Two days late, but I matched as well!
Can it be tomorrow, yet?! Time has stopped!

Word. I've found two things are helping to pass away the time:

1. staying up ridiculously late so i can sleep through most of the day... completely illogical but night seems to fly by faster. go figure.

2. playing stupid themed games in SDN lounge (thus the annoying avatar)

Word. I've found two things are helping to pass away the time:

1. staying up ridiculously late so i can sleep through most of the day... completely illogical but night seems to fly by faster. go figure.

2. playing stupid themed games in SDN lounge (thus the annoying avatar)

Ditto for the first one. As far as the second goes, I substitute that with watching episodes of the Office over and over again.

Delurking now that I've matched. (Well, that notification was yesterday, but yeah.) We'll see where, of course, on Thursday, but it's nice to know that I managed to match in my early 30s with kids and a crappy step 1.

Anyway, I think I'll be happy anywhere on my list, seeing as I get to do surgery!

I've been meaning to say that I saw your picture on the wall at one of the places I interviewed at. I'm pretty sure I audibly gasped, "omg... celebrity sighting" to which everyone around me was like "WTF?". :laugh:

You know, there is a current photo of the real K. Cox right here on SDN...just take a look at WS's profile.