~~~ Official ROL 2011~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FoggyGlasses

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here we go!!!! Who's brave enough to post first??

Members don't see this ad.

University of Chicago
Cleveland Clinic
UPMC
University of Connecticut
Case Western
Albany Medical Center
Penn State
Beth Israel - NYC
University of Missouri
Baystate
University of Toledo
Henry Ford
Georgetown
Washington Hospital Center

Top 14 on my list

My top 15:

1. University of Washington
2. University of Michigan
3. MGH
4. Columbia
5. University of Chicago
6. UCSF
7. WashU
8. UCLA
9. BIDMC
10. Emory
11. Cornell
12. UVA
13. Hopkins
14. Stanford
15. OHSU

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone!

Btw, would it be too much to ask for people to perhaps PM me with their step scores and where they end up matching? Orrr.... should I be the one doing the PMing?

1. Hopkins
2. Cornell
3. UPenn
4. Columbia
5. Yale
6. Maryland
7. Brown
8. Colorado
9. Temple
10. UMass
11. George Washington
12. Tufts
13. Beth Israel/Albert Einstein
14. Mayo (Rochester, MN)

Good luck to everyone!

Btw, would it be too much to ask for people to perhaps PM me with their step scores and where they end up matching? Orrr.... should I be the one doing the PMing?

Why do you care about step scores of a small group of people? You should look at the nrmp match data which is broken down into several categories. That will be more helpful.

Why do you care about step scores of a small group of people? You should look at the nrmp match data which is broken down into several categories. That will be more helpful.

Although its broken down into avg scores for people who matched into GS (which was approx 220 last year), it doesn't tell you which institutions they matched at.

Although other factors come into play, you kind of get a sense of where you have high chances of matching if they've accepted applicants with credentials similar to yours.

Wow... so many views and so few posts with lists... I'm sure some people don't like to post since SDN is notorious for members having rank lists with very top tier programs so I'll post mine which is def not like the others seen here so far. Not in exact order, but close.

Medical College of Georgia
University of Nebraska
Kansas University
University of Arkansas
Univ of Texas San Antonio
Creighton University
University of Toledo
University of South Alabama

Now... no one else be scared...

Last edited:
1-MCW
2- Jefferson
3- Temple
4- The University of Wisconsin
5- Rush
6- Drexel
7- Loyola
8- UIC
9- University of Chicago
10- Beaumont
11- U of Mn
12- Mayo
13- Henry Ford

Obviously, I had a lot of personal reasons for my order... not just academic rank!

What I realized from this process is that your Step 1 score and class rank just help you get interviews. After that you have a 1 in 20 chance in getting accepted!! Its pretty much a crap shoot, so giving out stats won't really help you in the long run. And from talking to med students across the country, I will be shocked if the average STEP 1 score for the next upcoming residency class is not closer to 230 then 220. PDs from places I interviewed at that I thought weren't competitive told me that the STEP 1 scores of applicants this year seemed out of the ordinary. This could be because the average STEP 1 score has been going up in the last couple of years.

From talking to friends, it seems like if you get over a 240 on STEP 1 and are in the top 20 percent of your class, you will get an interview at most programs out there. But nothing is guaranteed, your medical school reputation, geographical location, LOR, .... can determine whether you will get invited in some of the more competitive programs.

When you apply just apply broadly, thats the best advice I got. The worse you can do is apply to 100 programs and spend $ 2000. After you start going on your interviews, you will realize you will be spending ~ $ 400 per program you go to. Plus your students loans are already over $150,000. At that point, you will just stop thinking about your loans and just focus on getting your interviews over!!!

What I realized from this process is that your Step 1 score and class rank just help you get interviews. After that you have a 1 in 20 chance in getting accepted!! Its pretty much a crap shoot, so giving out stats won't really help you in the long run. And from talking to med students across the country, I will be shocked if the average STEP 1 score for the next upcoming residency class is not closer to 230 then 220. PDs from places I interviewed at that I thought weren't competitive told me that the STEP 1 scores of applicants this year seemed out of the ordinary. This could be because the average STEP 1 score has been going up in the last couple of years.

From talking to friends, it seems like if you get over a 240 on STEP 1 and are in the top 20 percent of your class, you will get an interview at most programs out there. But nothing is guaranteed, your medical school reputation, geographical location, LOR, .... can determine whether you will get invited in some of the more competitive programs.

When you apply just apply broadly, thats the best advice I got. The worse you can do is apply to 100 programs and spend $ 2000. After you start going on your interviews, you will realize you will be spending ~ $ 400 per program you go to. Plus your students loans are already over $150,000. At that point, you will just stop thinking about your loans and just focus on getting your interviews over!!!

I agree.... and this thread isn't for talking about stats... that part is over!!!! This is just for fun and something to pass the time on our long wait until March 14th/17th.

Thanks for the help goinsurg.

And you guys are right, this isn't a thread about stat posting so let the ROL's rain!

Alright I'll play. But I created a new profile for the sake of anonymity.

1. Yale
2. UMass
3. UConn
4. Baystate
5. BU
6. Albany
7. Maine Medical Center
8. Hospital of St Raphael
9. Temple
10. Drexel
11. Westchester Medical Center
12. Stamford Hospital

Members don't see this ad :)
What I realized from this process is that your Step 1 score and class rank just help you get interviews. After that you have a 1 in 20 chance in getting accepted!!

That's not completely true. Scores and class rank are the best representative of your academic achievement, and they factor into most people's final rank list....it's just that other factors, like clinical ability and charisma, also play a big role and tend to come out more in the interview.

Also, I hope people aren't too deterred from this thread by seeing everyone's ROLs with MGH/Hopkins, etc. SDN has a huge sample bias, and it always has.

Here's a link to the 2010 ROLs, in which I also link the 2005-2009 ROLs....it's just sort of innocent fun. Of course, the midwest is under-represented, but what can you do?

Last edited:
Similarly posting under another (old) username to protect anonymity.

1. UVA
2. Duke
3. BIDMC
4. MGH
5. UMaryland
6. Columbia
7. Brown
8. Georgetown
9. NYU
10. Cornell
11. Penn State
12. Yale

3 more weeks!

1. MGH - fantastic job at selling themselves. Residents were very happy
2. U of Michigan - Top notch as always.
3. Wash U
4. Vandy
5. UCSF
6. Stanford
7. UVA
8. Northwestern
9. George Washington
10. Baylor

I found this slightly helpful for this year so thought I would contribute.

1. Emory --- Very Strong, OK city, matches very well. Dig the warm weather.
2. Brown --- Strong program, great catchment, matches well, more location than anything.
3. Yale --- Very impressive match, 7 years, NH not that bad.
4. UW --- Fantastic program but location doesn't work well.
5. OHSU --- Fantastic city. Campus reminds me of Emory. Strong experience. Loved the residents.
6. Lahey --- Diamond in the rough, well known attendings (HPB, CRS, Tx), lacks academics, small program
7. UNC --- Strong experience, matches OK, town too small/remote for me.
8. Tufts --- Small program, great city, strong CRS.
9. St. Lukes --- Disliked two campuses, great location in city, didn't gel with residents.
10. Jefferson --- actually loved the program, nice location, matches well. mandatory 6 years turned me away
11. Dartmouth --- would be way higher on list if not for location.
12. Wake --- same as #11

1) Emory
2) UCLA
3) NYU
4) Stanford
5) Miami/ Jackson
6) Wash U
7) UAB
8) UT Southwestern (Dallas)
9) USC
10) UT Houston
11) OHSU
12) Baylor (Houston) - Academic
13) Baylor (Houston) - Non-academic

clinical experience/ academic reputation > research > location

Last edited:
1) Emory
2) UCLA
3) NYU
4) Stanford
5) Miami/ Jackson
6) Wash U
7) UAB
8) UT Southwestern (Dallas)
9) USC
10) UT Houston
11) OHSU
12) Baylor (Houston) - Academic
13) Baylor (Houston) - Non-academic

clinical experience/ academic reputation > research > location
Lots of people ranking Emory #1 so far. Not completely surprised to see this. I think Emory gives an illusion of strong training but in reality it's subpar or average at best. Grady is abusive. You will work your butt off there with little return on investment. No one wants to do their job and you have to follow-up on everything, even simple nursing orders. The residents seem behind the curve. PGY-3s who won't cut skin without an attending in the room (seriously, you can't open by yourself?). PGY-5s who still need attendings scrubbed on lap choles and hernias. Sloppy technique abounds. Because there is such an emphasis on just getting work done, getting patients discharged, you're always at max bed capacity, trying to free up spots, there is no emphasis on teaching from attendings. In fact they're quite disgruntled or have outright personality disorders. Their numbers might look good but I'd rather have fewer operations and more teaching and practice performing operations the PROPER way. Yes, they do match well, I'll grant you that, but it's just not worth it. I hope you guys fall past your #1 for your sake.

I'm a new user actually.

Last edited:
I don't like Emory.

Your post seems disgruntled and biased. While what you say may contain some truth, what's the point of posting it now? Why wait until there's nothing that the students can do to change their lists? You haven't really outed anyone or accomplished anything...you just made a handful of students feel like crap for the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Found last year's ROL helpful so here's mine:

1. USC
2. UC Davis
3. Harbor
4. UC Irvine
5. Temple
6. Wayne state
7. U of Arizona
8. Hershey/Penn state
9. Beaumont
10. Grand rapids
11. Good sam, OH
12. UNLV
13. Huntington hosp
14. Henry Ford
15. UIC

Although its broken down into avg scores for people who matched into GS (which was approx 220 last year), it doesn't tell you which institutions they matched at.

Although other factors come into play, you kind of get a sense of where you have high chances of matching if they've accepted applicants with credentials similar to yours.

But there's a lot more that goes into matching than just an applicant's Step 1 score. You're trying to correlate score and relative strength of program, which just isn't possible.

Guys...the creation of multiple accounts, even for controlling purposes is a violation of the TOS. Please contact a staff member and we can post the info for you without revealing your identity. All duplicate accounts mentioned here will be closed.

Your post seems disgruntled and biased. While what you say may contain some truth, what's the point of posting it now? Why wait until there's nothing that the students can do to change their lists? You haven't really outed anyone or accomplished anything...you just made a handful of students feel like crap for the next 2 weeks.
Not disgruntled and not biased. I'm just reporting what I saw. It's more than "some truth;" it's what I saw and have confirmed from students there. I'm not a resident there. Other people may have other opinions of the training and their point of view is certainly welcomed. I'm sharing mine because I think it is important and as you may have noticed many students posting here have said that years' past ROL threads were helpful to them, so perhaps this thread will be helpful to others. I'm not trying to "out" anyone so I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Guys...the creation of multiple accounts, even for controlling purposes is a violation of the TOS. Please contact a staff member and we can post the info for you without revealing your identity. All duplicate accounts mentioned here will be closed.
Please contact a staff member so that you can be...not anonymous? I'm new here (long time reader) but this doesn't seem like a solution to the problem.

Lots of people ranking Emory #1 so far. Not completely surprised to see this. I think Emory gives an illusion of strong training but in reality it's subpar or average at best. Grady is abusive. You will work your butt off there with little return on investment. No one wants to do their job and you have to follow-up on everything, even simple nursing orders. The residents seem behind the curve. PGY-3s who won't cut skin without an attending in the room (seriously, you can't open by yourself?). PGY-5s who still need attendings scrubbed on lap choles and hernias. Sloppy technique abounds. Because there is such an emphasis on just getting work done, getting patients discharged, you're always at max bed capacity, trying to free up spots, there is no emphasis on teaching from attendings. Their numbers might look good but I'd rather have fewer operations and more teaching and practice performing operations the PROPER way. Yes, they do match well, I'll grant you that, but it's just not worth it. I hope you guys fall past your #1 for your sake.

I'm a new user actually.

I got the opportunity to see the residents operate and manage their patients at 3 of my top 5 programs and I thought Emory's residents were very strong-- though I may have only seen one aspect of the Emory residency (I was working at the University Hospital at the time).
For me, I ranked my programs according to the strength of their residents technical abilities and the breadth of clinical experience the residents are exposed to. I thought Emory residents were by far the strongest and most independently functioning residents I came across while interviewing.
Given what I was exposed to rotating through a few individual hospitals and the multiple interviews I went to, I ranked Emory #1-- admittedly from my limited experience.
I'd be curious to see the context in which you posted your comments about Emory-- are a student (former/current), intern, resident or attending-- you can PM if you'd like-- Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Please contact a staff member so that you can be...not anonymous? I'm new here (long time reader) but this doesn't seem like a solution to the problem.

I agree its not an ideal situation, but long time members here usually trust long time staff members whom they have grown to trust (and speaking for myself, I know several of the members here IRL, and have met many others). Others can decide what is more important to them - not posting, creating a new account and receiving administrative action against their primary account, or PMing me or another staff member with the info. I hardly think knowledge about your ROL is going to create a nuclear winter across ranking meetings.

What I can say is that it is not an option to create a new account for this purposes.

I'm not trying to "out" anyone so I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Sure you are.

You talk about an Emory faculty member with a "personality disorder" and give his/her intials. Since the faculty list is publically available, it took me all of 2 seconds to figure out whom you were libeling.

Winged Scapula is the administrator. She can easily do an IP trace and figure out which two accounts belong together in about 5 seconds, or just compare which two accounts share the same e-mail address. You're not really exposing yourself less by sending her a PM with your ROL.

I got the opportunity to see the residents operate and manage their patients at 3 of my top 5 programs and I thought Emory's residents were very strong-- though I may have only seen one aspect of the Emory residency (I was working at the University Hospital at the time).
For me, I ranked my programs according to the strength of their residents technical abilities and the breadth of clinical experience the residents are exposed to. I thought Emory residents were by far the strongest and most independently functioning residents I came across while interviewing.
Given what I was exposed to rotating through a few individual hospitals and the multiple interviews I went to, I ranked Emory #1-- admittedly from my limited experience.
I'd be curious to see the context in which you posted your comments about Emory-- are a student (former/current), intern, resident or attending-- you can PM if you'd like-- Thanks for the input.
You're lucky that you got to see first-hand the training at 3 of your top 5. That's an opportunity few applicants have. Perhaps the experience at Emory's University hospital is night and day different from the experience at Grady. Even so, I was very disappointed in the calibre of residents and attendings I saw. Lack of an emphasis on teaching. Little interest in academics from residents. (They couldn't really cite literature and said they had no time to read.) I do think they are independently-functioning, but I think it's to the detriment of their patients. I did not think they practiced evidence-based medicine and mainly did whatever would get the patient discharged fastest. I did not think there was much thought on preoperative evaluation. I could go on and on. Maybe it was just my sample of residents, but I was unimpressed.

Sure you are.

You talk about an Emory faculty member with a "personality disorder" and give his/her intials. Since the faculty list is publically available, it took me all of 2 seconds to figure out whom you were libeling.
Since this seems to be a stumbling block to the main message, I have edited my post. Please edit SLUser11 and pudendalblocker's message where I'm quoted to reflect that change.

Winged Scapula is the administrator. She can easily do an IP trace and figure out which two accounts belong together in about 5 seconds, or just compare which two accounts share the same e-mail address. You're not really exposing yourself less by sending her a PM with your ROL.
Yes, I am aware of moderators' privileges here, which is all the more reason not to PM one with something sensitive like your ROL. With an IP you have a location and then it's pretty easy to narrow down an identity from there. For example you probably haven't stated where you're a resident, but with 10,000+ posts and an IP, I bet I could figure it out in a few minutes and your identity (since we know your alma mater) in a minute beyond that. Many of us are not willing to expose ourselves to such a risk within such a small community (academic surgery).

Honestly, I have to somewhat agree with this. Without taking away any merit from the place, Emory is just an average middle tier program. Nothing more, nothing less. For some reason there has been a lot of attention on Emory this year, maybe because they had over 20 students from the graduating class apply to general surgery, who knows. In my humble opinion (and it's just an opinion and you know opinions are like a body part that colorectal surgeons love) I would not place them in top 20 surgery program. I did apply very widely and did my research and interviewed all over the country, coast to coast and I saw much, much better places.
I am curious to hear from people why Emory has received so much attention.

You're lucky that you got to see first-hand the training at 3 of your top 5. That's an opportunity few applicants have. Perhaps the experience at Emory's University hospital is night and day different from the experience at Grady. Even so, I was very disappointed in the calibre of residents and attendings I saw. Lack of an emphasis on teaching. Little interest in academics from residents. (They couldn't really cite literature and said they had no time to read.) I do think they are independently-functioning, but I think it's to the detriment of their patients. I did not think they practiced evidence-based medicine and mainly did whatever would get the patient discharged fastest. I did not think there was much thought on preoperative evaluation. I could go on and on. Maybe it was just my sample of residents, but I was unimpressed.

Honestly, I have to somewhat agree with this. Without taking away any merit from the place, Emory is just an average middle tier program. Nothing more, nothing less. For some reason there has been a lot of attention on Emory this year, maybe because they had over 20 students from the graduating class apply to general surgery, who knows. In my humble opinion (and it's just an opinion and you know opinions are like a body part that colorectal surgeons love) I would not place them in top 20 surgery program. I did apply very widely and did my research and interviewed all over the country, coast to coast and I saw much, much better places.

Last year on the trail they had to inform applicants that they were cited by the RRC for "an inappropriate service to education ratio" - that alone concerned me enough to move it pretty far down my list. They also could not adequately explain what their plans are if Grady's financial troubles worsen - the best explanation I got was that Grady is "too big to fail" much like the financial giants...

That said, I LOVED the people I met at Emory. Great group of residents who no doubt work hard but love their jobs. The former chairman, Dr. Wood was around all day and interviewed me, and was one of my favorite people from the interview trail last year. Dr. Dehlman (sp?) - the associate PD - was also great; he was very generous and offered his advice/assistance to any of the applicants struggling with their decisions (and I got the impression he was sincere in this - did not come across as a sales pitch).

I think this is all bogus arguments. Sure, everyone has their own reason why Program X is better than Program Y, but in the end lets be honest. There are about 15 programs that, depending on what your criteria are, would be considered Top 5. For some applicants, location is big, so they place certain programs above others. For some, CT surgery is big, so they want to go somewhere where they will get good exposure. I am interested in Transplant and HPB, so I wanted a program that was strong in those fields, but relatively Fellow-light. Some applicants value the research opportunities and flexibilities, while others couldnt give a rats *ss.

The bottom line is that everyone will have a different impression, and that Programs can change pretty heavily from year to year, based on the resident class that they match. If you are a sh*tty resident, you will be so no matter what program you are at. Maybe some of the residents you talked to at Emory were those that didnt really care about being able to cite literature. I would bet that they would be the same way no matter what program they were at.

Just my 2 cents.

Since this seems to be a stumbling block to the main message, I have edited my post. Please edit SLUser11 and pudendalblocker's message where I'm quoted to reflect that change.

This is not a "stumbling block" to your message - it was wrong and you know it. They can edit the posts or give me permission to do so.

Yes, I am aware of moderators' privileges here, which is all the more reason not to PM one with something sensitive like your ROL. With an IP you have a location and then it's pretty easy to narrow down an identity from there.

So how is that ANY different than creating a new user name with an IP which will match your old one? Besides, what makes users so egocentric to think:

a) I care about their ROL
b) I care who they are
c) I care enough or am vindictive enough to share their ROL and violate their privacy?

Also, I never said you had to send the ROL to me or the other surgery mods. You could ask any senior Mod to post for you; none of them would have any interest in harming someone's burgeoning surgical career by revealing the ROL and a user's identity.

Really, SDN members are all sorts of paranoid.:rolleyes:

Really, SDN members are all sorts of paranoid.:rolleyes:

I agree. The increasing level of paranoia/increasing anal tone on SDN over the last few years has made the interview and ranking season much less fun.

I'll edit my quote.

Yes, I am aware of moderators' privileges here, which is all the more reason not to PM one with something sensitive like your ROL. With an IP you have a location and then it's pretty easy to narrow down an identity from there. For example you probably haven't stated where you're a resident, but with 10,000+ posts and an IP, I bet I could figure it out in a few minutes and your identity (since we know your alma mater) in a minute beyond that. Many of us are not willing to expose ourselves to such a risk within such a small community (academic surgery).
Then you could even come visit me :thumbup:

They don't need your ROL to figure out where you are anyways. A lot of IPs will trace right to your hospital/campus/house right next to the hospital. I don't consider this a secret ID (the Prowler is a car, not an occupation ;)), and neither should anyone else.

I also interviewed coast to coast and did my research. After considering my options, I thought Emory's gen surg program was the strongest training program I had seen. Personally, I was looking for a good county experience with lots of autonomy (Grady) and a solid university, less autonomous teaching hospital (University Hospital, Piedmont). Emory also has a good VA and children's hospital experience as well.
Emory also has good numbers, with chiefs finishing with around 1000 cases. The graduating class always matches well too.
Important also were the research opportunities Emory offers-- it ranks 5th in NIH grants to surgical departments (in 2009-- not sure where they stand in 2010) and has tons of support from above. You can go into a lab at emory or elsewhere and study whatever you desire.
Emory's residents were technically stronger than I'd seen elsewhere. I spent time with both them and residents from other programs so I have some (albeit small) comparison.
Last, the residents and faculty are great people-- supportive and easy to work with and get along with. Sure, there are bad apples everywhere but I really enjoyed everyone I've met there so far. County hospitals are stressful and bring out the worst in everyone.
This is why I put emory #1. The other programs on my list are also outstanding and I would love to end up at any of them-- but i had to put something #1.
Everyone's pov's are different and it really depends on what you see during your interview and what you are personally looking for in a program-- for me, Emory was great.

Everyone's pov's are different and it really depends on what you see during your interview and what you are personally looking for in a program-- for me, Emory was great.

I think you hit the nail in the head with this last statement. That's why we have Cadillacs and Toyotas and Ford. It's a matter of preference and choice.

I'm a fourth year at Emory and one of the "20 something" going into general surgery. Rest assure those of you who have ranked it #1, it's a great program. Most importantly, the residents coming out of the program have top notch surgical skills and a TON of autonomy...especially at Grady. Of course, Grady can be a tough place at times, but the residents are all proud to say they trained there. As with any program, there are one or two attendings no one is thrilled to work with, but the residents learn from them and move on. For the most part, the faculty are very approachable, and I think a large part of why so many of us are applying to gen surg this year. I'm not sure why "throwaway" was trying to freak you all out at this point in the process, but I promise, you won't regret your decision to rank it highly.

Lots of people ranking Emory #1 so far. Not completely surprised to see this. I think Emory gives an illusion of strong training but in reality it's subpar or average at best. Grady is abusive. You will work your butt off there with little return on investment. No one wants to do their job and you have to follow-up on everything, even simple nursing orders. The residents seem behind the curve. PGY-3s who won't cut skin without an attending in the room (seriously, you can't open by yourself?). PGY-5s who still need attendings scrubbed on lap choles and hernias. Sloppy technique abounds. Because there is such an emphasis on just getting work done, getting patients discharged, you're always at max bed capacity, trying to free up spots, there is no emphasis on teaching from attendings. In fact they're quite disgruntled or have outright personality disorders. Their numbers might look good but I'd rather have fewer operations and more teaching and practice performing operations the PROPER way. Yes, they do match well, I'll grant you that, but it's just not worth it. I hope you guys fall past your #1 for your sake.

I'm a new user actually.

What do you mean with this ? I understand that the Non-academic is comm. affliated hospital to Baylor...May you confirm ?

Baylor (Houston) has two options for ranking: 1) academic track which includes 2 years of research and 2) non-academic track which means you go straight through 5 years with no time off for research (though you probably do small projects here and there while you are training).
You can rank both of the tracks, or only one of the tracks depending on what your career goals are (private community practice versus academic surgery).
The two tracks only pertain to Baylor in Houston. I know there is a Baylor in Dallas but these two schools, to my knowledge, are unaffiliated and I think the Baylor in Dallas offers only a 5 year training program.

Hope that helps . . .

Thanks pudendalblocker.
Wish you all the best in Match & other students too.
But I can not imagine what would be when Pudendal is blocked. lol

For the sake of struggling IMGs out there:

1. UTSW-Dallas
2. JMH-Miami
3. MCW-Milwaukee
4. UT-Houston
5. UConn
6. UT-San Antonio
7. UA-Tucson
8. Hopkins-Prelim
9. Mayo-Prelim
10. Creighton U-Omaha
11. SIU-Springfield
12. USA-Mobile
13. St. Elizabeth's-Boston

UCLA
UCSF
U Mich
Hopkins
Brigham
Stanford
UW
Harbor-UCLA
UC Davis
OHSU
Loma Linda

I'm really psyched about 1-3 (home program and other 2 faves). 4-10 I like and would be content with. 11 and 12 were not really appealing, but they are in beautiful areas and it's still a spot. And really, unless it's a prelim spot only, I'll be okay. Still better than scrambling.

Last edited:
BIDMC
Brown
Dartmouth
Yale
Montefiore
Maryland
Temple
UMASS
North Shore - LIJ
UMDNJ Newark
INOVA Fairfax
Georgetown
NYMC - Montefiore North (a second way into Montefiore, let me know if anyone wants deets on this)
Einstein - NY BI
Christiana Care
Westchester Medical Center
Camden

Can it be next Thursday please?

Can it be next Thursday please?

I know tomorrow is Black Monday.

Good luck to everyone. No matter how competitive you are, there is inherent anxiety and inner-bargaining that happens before you open the "Did I match?" email. The vast majority of you will do just fine.

If you receive bad news tomorrow, remember to keep a clear head, and utilize your med school's resources. If any SDNers reading this have been through the scramble, I'm sure your advice would be appreciated here.

:luck:

I'm getting nervous too. I have to work with these people for the next 4 years! The chiefs couldn't care less ;)

Best of luck to you all. :thumbup: