Official Release Date Confirmed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akalin24

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aaron,

We are anticipating the scores to be available during the week of June 7.

Thank you,
MCAT Program Office
PO Box 4056
Iowa City IA 52243-4056
319-337-1357
8:30 to 5:00 CST

Just wanted to pass the news along to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed [email protected] and here is what they said:

We do not have a final date, but it is looking like they will be available
during the week of June 14.

Thank you,
MCAT Program Office
PO Box 4056
Iowa City IA 52243-4056
319-337-1357

I also emailted [email protected] and here is what they said:

Thank You for contacting the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) program.

The Scheduled release date of MCAT scores for the April 17, 2004 exam is on or about June 15.

Scores from each MCAT administration will be mailed out approximately 60 days after test day by the MCAT Program Office in Iowa City. You may contact them directly at (319) 337-1357.

You may also view your scores online (slightly earlier than the 60 days) using the new Testing History (THx) Report system at www.aamc.org/mcat.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

The MCAT Care Team
Association of American Medical Colleges
Section for Applicant Assessment Services
2450 N St., NW
Washington, DC 20037
U.S.A.

General Inquiries: 202-828-0690
Test Administration: 319-337-1357
Policy & Research: 202-828-0690
www.AAMC.ORG/MCAT

i also emailed [email protected] and got the same response.

We have not finalized the exact date, but it is looking like it will be
during the week of June 14.

Thank you,
MCAT Program Office
PO Box 4056
Iowa City IA 52243-4056
319-337-1357

I want to say I don't care any more but I know I do, what am I going to do till Monday if that's really it.........

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I'm new to the thread (I found it by typing in "2004 MCAT score release date" on google). I live in Missouri so I'm very anxious knowing that those damned scores are sitting on some bureaucrat's desk in a cubicle next to a copy machine in some nondescript low-lying office building just 200 miles north of here. They're probably having an office party and reciting our desperate posts to the laughter of their co-workers.

I'm thinking about driving up there this weekend just to physically see their office- there are probably like 60 kids from Iowa and surrounding states standing in line at the receptionist's desk asking when the hell the release date is.

I called them this past Tuesday. The guy told me the scores should be out next week or the week after that. Then I said, "So I should start checking this coming Monday, right?" And he said yes. So I am still hoping the scores come out sooner than the week of June 14th. Hope this helps guys.

Does anybody here ever get a random anxious thought about the exam...

For example, I periodically think to myself; what if I misgrided and my entire test score gets messed up?! What if I have stray marks on my answer sheet? Did I bubble in dark enough?... etc etc

MD Rapper said:
Does anybody here ever get a random anxious thought about the exam...

For example, I periodically think to myself; what if I misgrided and my entire test score gets messed up?! What if I have stray marks on my answer sheet? Did I bubble in dark enough?... etc etc

The "complete misbubble" fear has crossed my mind. If I get my test and get a 3 in some section, I'll know what happened

Here's what [email protected] said:

The Scheduled release date of MCAT scores for the April 17, 2004 exam is on or about June 15.

Scores from each MCAT administration will be mailed out approximately 60 days after test day by the MCAT Program Office in Iowa City. You may contact them directly at (319) 337-1357.

You may also view your scores online (slightly earlier than the 60 days) using the new Testing History (THx) Report system at www.aamc.org/mcat.

The MCAT Care Team
2450 N St., NW
Washington, DC 20037
U.S.A.

www.AAMC.ORG/MCAT

So at least we know its guaranteed to be here by mid-June, but let's keep our fingers crossed for next week :cool:

-tx

I'm a newbie and I am on the floor laughing (in a good way) when reading all these posts; the stress is not doing us any good that is for sure. I admit, though, that I check my scores at least three times a day. It's the only thing that we can do to maintain some control over a ridiculously uncontrollable situation. :scared:

monopolova said:
I'm a newbie and I am on the floor laughing (in a good way) when reading all these posts; the stress is not doing us any good that is for sure. I admit, though, that I check my scores at least three times a day. It's the only thing that we can do to maintain some control over a ridiculously uncontrollable situation. :scared:

It is funny. I took three months of test prep, one day of test taking, and I've been worried about it for two more months. Almost a half year has passed. Yet when the scores pop up it's going to be 5 minutes of real huge emotion and a day of partying. A bit anti-climactic really... :cool:

I am embarrassed to admit this...for about a week after the exam i was obsessed with the idea that i had not used a number 2 pencil on the physical science section. I did some research on pencils and found out that you have to go to an art supply store or something to get a non-number 2 pencil. So hopefully i am safe. :oops:

lissa1217 said:
I am embarrassed to admit this...for about a week after the exam i was obsessed with the idea that i had not used a number 2 pencil on the physical science section. I did some research on pencils and found out that you have to go to an art supply store or something to get a non-number 2 pencil. So hopefully i am safe. :oops:

I think you can get non-number two pencils at other places. I like using them because they don't break as much. I think the reason they don't want you using them is they're not as soft, so they might not leave enough lead to register right. I think you would notice if you weren't putting down enough lead :)

My marks were super heavy and dark, I just hope they were in the right bubbles :scared:

lissa1217 said:

Well, I brought 5 pencils (and 3 pens). 3 Mechanicals, and in-case those failed, I brought a backup nonmechanical. And in case that one snapped in half, I brought a backup for it too :) :scared: < me on MCAT day

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, so far we know that the earliest we can get our scores is going to be on Monday the 14th. As for being obsessive, I thought I was bad because I obsessed over changing one of my answers on the BS section from right to wrong, last minute, and not skipping one of the long passages in VR. But come on, doing research on pencils :confused: , use common sense, do you really think the machine can't read your scantron because you didn't use a #2 pencil, I think as future doctors, we are all addicted to stress.

JohnDO said:
Well, I brought 5 pencils (and 3 pens). 3 Mechanicals, and in-case those failed, I brought a backup nonmechanical. And in case that one snapped in half, I brought a backup for it too :) :scared: < me on MCAT day

lol ditto. Yeah, I had a mountain of writing utencils next to me. See, people who aren't pre-med just will never understand. We haven't lost it; quite the contrary actually. This is our way of preventing ourselves from losing it.

:smuggrin:

No, I think I probably just lost it.

Well, the point is all these dumb things we do are just things to keep us in control of all the mind blowing obstacles that the people at the top of this medical ladder are throwing down at us -- MCAT, applications, extracurriculars, etc. I don't think I will have a better night's sleep than after/if I get into med school.

I dunno. I just had two mech's filled with lead, extra lead, and a reg pencil in case metal somehow stopped being metal. Otherwise, I had a polan spring bottle filled with espresso that I periodically sipped.

Sahani said:
I dunno. I just had two mech's filled with lead, extra lead, and a reg pencil in case metal somehow stopped being metal. Otherwise, I had a polan spring bottle filled with espresso that I periodically sipped.

I had two high quality mechanical pencils with 0.7 mm lead (thicker so it doesn't break when I'm tense), five cheaper mech pencils with 0.7 mm lead (interchangeable backups), extra 0.7 mm lead, three black pens (no blue ones, I didn't touch a blue pen for weeks prior), and a big soft eraser that wouldn't leave a mark.

Buying all this made me very happy. It was all in a clear plastic pouch (so they didn't think I was cheating). I carried my admission ticket stuff in the pouch to the last three diags so I knew I'd have it the day of.

I'm not AR, just have lots of backup plans :oops:

No offense to anyone that took a "mountain of pencils" in to the testing center, but I find it absurd to take more than a mechanical pencil (or two) full of lead and a decent eraser. I also took only one pen....do you hate me???? I hope this doesnt cause my score to drop. Maybe its because I'm not an actual pre-med major, but an engineering convert. I trust in technology and quality control of mechanical devices.

Ok thats enough...my ramblings are starting to sound stupid. I'll just keep drinking until my scores show up. Did I say drinking???? I think I meant waiting.

No....I definitely meant drinking...

Sahani said:
Moose, not very combat effective... hehe.

Sure my plan was to just use one pencil. But everyone knows plans never survive close contact with the enemy and my pencils were at the tip of the spear in this operation. I had to have a reserve unit in case my pencil became a casualty. There's no way I wanted to be the guy who had to borrow a cheap pencil from the proctor if I had a blow out.

Cerbernator said:
i am obsessively convinced that my bubbeling was inadequate

If I didn't worry that you were serious, I'd laugh :D

It's funny, people worry that their bubbeling is inadequate and also that if they erase and leave any little marks, it will register. Can't be both :cool:

MoosePilot said:
There's no way I wanted to be the guy who had to borrow a cheap pencil from the proctor if I had a blow out.

lol, "Cheap pencil", yah it's never good to be stuck with a cheap pencil, I personally use expensive European pencils only, I had one mechanical pencil with 4-5 leads, a backup pencil, and a pen, I don't get the point of bringing all those pencils, come on people, the chances of you having a heart attack in the middle of the test is probably more than the chances of you using any of those pencils.

lissa1217 said:
LOL. I brought a pencil recently given to me b/c I thought it might be good luck. After PS, I noticed it didn't say "#2" on it, and I tried to "test" it against my certified #2 pencils. I finally decided to leave it on my desk (for luck) and continue with the ones I used for diags. I didn't even trust the pencils Kaplan was handing out at the test site (I took Princeton) :laugh:

I just got this email today from aamc...

Solution:

The MCAT Care Team
2450 N St., NW
Washington, DC 20037
U.S.A.

www.AAMC.ORG/MCAT

cse

DMBFan61 said:
I just got this email today from aamc...

Solution:

The MCAT Care Team
2450 N St., NW
Washington, DC 20037
U.S.A.

www.AAMC.ORG/MCAT

cse

Pretty much just like the AAMC emails in post 3, 51, and 58, this thread. I'm seeing an amazing amount of consistency pointing to June 15th. Anyone else? LOL

That June 7th estimate is kind of a loner. :laugh:

I'm probably the most insane one with regards to the pencil-packing bunch. I literally took a brand new pack of about 25 mechanical pencils and an entire pack of BIC ball point pens :oops: ! I was so worried that something would happen, that I didn't want to risk it. Yes, I'm pathetic - and notorious for stressing out over EVERYTHING. Not healthy, but I can't control it! To make matters worse, on the morning of the MCAT, one of the proctors began questioning why so many people were interested in medicine, and basically lambasting me for wanting to become a doctor. It was an insane day, to say the least! I'm just hoping I don't have to go through that again!

ms2209 said:
I'm probably the most insane one with regards to the pencil-packing bunch. I literally took a brand new pack of about 25 mechanical pencils and an entire pack of BIC ball point pens :oops: !

Yep..I think you won this one! :p

MoosePilot said:
Sure my plan was to just use one pencil. But everyone knows plans never survive close contact with the enemy and my pencils were at the tip of the spear in this operation. I had to have a reserve unit in case my pencil became a casualty. There's no way I wanted to be the guy who had to borrow a cheap pencil from the proctor if I had a blow out.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i called aamc/mcat earlier this past week because i had a question about releasing my aug 2001 scores (where i MISBUBBLED in the stupid verbal section, thereby throwing over half of my answers off by one!) ... but the guy i spoke with told me that our april 2004 scores should be online by the end of this upcoming week ... so hopefully the wait will be over soon.

and is it true ucla wants the scores from all mcats we've taken?

the guy i spoke with told me that our april 2004 scores should be online by the end of this upcoming week ... so hopefully the wait will be over soon.
well, i believe 60 days after the MCAT would put us on june 16. they usually say scores go up on THx ~3 days sooner...so that means ~june 13, but this is a sunday. if the AAMC is quick, scores may be up the preceding friday (the 11th), if not, i imagine they'll be up on the following monday (the 14th).

just thoughts, though.

txknockout said:
Yep..I think you won this one! :p

LOL! I looked insane walking to the test center, like I was going on some 30 day retreat or something...I had a huge bookbag on my back and it was filled with all these snacks, etc...pretty sad now that I look back on it. :laugh:

I just went to the MCAT score webpage, and everytime I enter my username and password it gives me an error page. What's going on, anyone else getting the same message?

leiface said:
I just went to the MCAT score webpage, and everytime I enter my username and password it gives me an error page. What's going on, anyone else getting the same message?

I just checked, because you got me wondering if that was because they were updating :)

Mine came up normally, no stutters, no new scores

I got an error message too!!! AHHH! I hope it goes away too. I'm going crazy worrying about this stupid test. Somtimes I just want to run off the bahamas and never return.
k

im gettin a error message too...wonder wat it means. Do you think the scores are going up today????????????im gonna go nuts

anitat said:
(where i MISBUBBLED in the stupid verbal section, thereby throwing over half of my answers off by one!)

Do you not realize that this is a thread full of paranoid people who brought tons of backup pencils? Why must you speak such words of despair. What if I bubbled WRONG? :scared: :scared: :scared:

haha, don't worry johndo. i'm sure you would have noticed if you bubbled wrong ... you would have gotten to the last question and been out of a row of blank bubbles. i'm sure you did fine, have faith!

doc3341 said:
Ive heard rumors that the scores will be online tomorrow June 7th. :D

Someone likes whacking the hornet nest just to see the hornets fly around like crazy :D

Shame on you! ;)

anitat said:
(where i MISBUBBLED in the stupid verbal section, thereby throwing over half of my answers off by one!) ...

I did that, I had to use most of my left over Verbal time on fixing the mistake. Fortunetly I only messed up the last column.

Hay guyz, scores are up!!1!11

fakemcat.PNG

ur kidding....the test series was 27 i though ???????????????????????????????????????????????

drguy22 said:
ur kidding....the test series was 27 i though ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Calm down... test series IS 27. That's from August.

Very funny, Medikit.

I refuse to look...I refuse to look.....um, gotta go. (kidding)